View Poll Results: Do you consider Stephanie Brown to be a true Robin?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, her time in the tights makes her as much of a Robin as the rest of the boys!

81 50.00%
  • No, she was not defined by the mantle as were the other Robins.

81 50.00%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It was more than just Teen Titans - Steph starred in Detective Comics and Batgirl as well.

I also think that saying Steph "sucked at it" is incorrect - she did quite well until Batman's unreasonable expectation of "no disobedience" (which he never enforced for any of the other Robins) was broken.

Steph being Robin was indeed meant to be a temporary gimmick, but as I've pointed out before, at least one of the creators involved (Willingham) thought it had much more long term potential, and asked if it could be extended and her death cancelled. I believe that indicates a lot about her potential in the role. A lot of things in comics were originally intended as temporary gimmicks, and they caught the imaginations of fans and creators. I think it's clear at this point that while not the most popular of these types of things, Steph as Robin definitely has some traction.
    Yes, at one point the writer thought it had more potential and thought it could be more than a gimmick. But he was turned down. It could`ve been more. But it wasn't. It was nothing more than a gimmick. Never meant to last and not considered to be an actual tenure. I like Stephanie, but if your either considered a main Robin or your not, at least in my opinion. You are either at the same status of Dick, Jason, Tim or Damien or you are not Robin. Her character can skip that role and she would be unchanged. The same cannot be said for the others.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 12-03-2021 at 11:56 AM.