View Poll Results: Do you consider Stephanie Brown to be a true Robin?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, her time in the tights makes her as much of a Robin as the rest of the boys!

81 50.00%
  • No, she was not defined by the mantle as were the other Robins.

81 50.00%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Robins did end up winning, and will begin publishing in either November or December. A couple issues have already been solicited.

Stephanie also got to appear in the "Robins" issue of the ongoing Robin series, coming to find Damian alongside Dick, Jason, and Tim.
    YEAH. Her appearance here means that she is a True Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    DC now apparently considers her to be a “True Robin”: she got included in the Robin 80-year special, complete with her own story; and she's included in the “Robins” pitch that recently went through a popularity contest for “which title(s?) should we publish next?” (I'm not aware of who won; but that's not the point.) It tends to render this poll kind of moot.
    Well, yes and no.

Just because DC is including her in the Robins mini-/limited-series doesn't mean all readers will now accept her as a "true Robin".

And some people who originally voted "NO" when this poll was first created may have changed their thinking since then (though they can't change their vote on the poll now).

NOTE: This thread was originally started back in April of 2017.

--------------------------

Already made it to 123 people having voted.
    * No, she was not defined by the mantle as were the other Robins = 69 votes
    * Yes, her time in the tights makes her as much of a Robin as the rest of the boys! = 54 votes

So most of today's votes (so far) are "Yes", with one more "No".

I mean I count her as a Robin but I do not consider her tenure as iconic. So like if she is left out of stuff, to me it's like I wouldn't notice unless someone actively made a point about it.

Perhaps the way to put it would be that her time as Robin matters a lot more to her than to Robin.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Ten more people have voted, and the gap is narrowing.

With 133 people having voted.
    * No, she was not defined by the mantle as were the other Robins = 71 votes (+ 2)
    * Yes, her time in the tights makes her as much of a Robin as the rest of the boys! = 62 votes (+ 8)

I can guarantee that if there was a way to change your vote, at least one of the No votes would now be a Yes vote — mine, in particular. Frankly, I think that this thread, and its poll, is too old and needs to be locked and possibly replaced by a new thread; too much has happened since the poll first went up.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I can guarantee that if there was a way to change your vote, at least one of the No votes would now be a Yes vote — mine, in particular.
    As I previously said,
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, yes and no.

Just because DC is including her in the Robins mini-/limited-series doesn't mean all readers will now accept her as a "true Robin".

And some people who originally voted "NO" when this poll was first created may have changed their thinking since then (though they can't change their vote on the poll now).

Frankly, I think that this thread, and its poll, is too old and needs to be locked and possibly replaced by a new thread; too much has happened since the poll first went up.
    Doesn't hurt anybody to still have this running, and it has a lot of value to see if/when the numbers from new voters will eventually reverse the current results as to which position has the most votes.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just voted: Yes

Plot device...what isn't a plot device? I would like to have seen her as Robin longer and think the Bat editorial staff missed an opportunity.

Steph was a Robin just like Helena was a Batgirl.

How a reader wants to head canon something to fit their own bias, needs or wants is irrelevant. It's like James Cameron telling me Terminator Dark Fate is really Terminator 3 cause he head canons away the other films since he didn't do them. Too bad Cameron there is already a T3.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Of course she is.

With 145 people having voted,
    * No, she was not defined by the mantle as were the other Robins = 73 votes
    * Yes, her time in the tights makes her as much of a Robin as the rest of the boys! = 72 votes

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

With 145 people having voted,
    * No, she was not defined by the mantle as were the other Robins = 73 votes
    * Yes, her time in the tights makes her as much of a Robin as the rest of the boys! = 72 votes
    The combined propaganda campaign from DC is finally working! (Though it's perhaps the most halfhearted propaganda campaign ever)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

let her be, its not big honor or anything
    her initial motivation is still shallow but sure

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'd disagree a bit - I think being Robin is a big honor - Steph herself says it's being "part of the legend". And the motivation seen in Robin #126 is shallow (though I think relatable), but if you add the Wizard #150 short story, it gives it a bit more depth! https://stephaniebrown.fandom.com/wi...d_Magazine_150
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'd disagree a bit - I think being Robin is a big honor - Steph herself says it's being "part of the legend". And the motivation seen in Robin #126 is shallow (though I think relatable), but if you add the Wizard #150 short story, it gives it a bit more depth! https://stephaniebrown.fandom.com/wi...d_Magazine_150
    Perhaps back in the day when Batman and robins were more of a duo. I think the position is eyed more becuase of recognizability.
    I agree with Damian it’s not a forever thing, and you should adavance from it. I like how people know Damian Name first before Robin. I think it will help in the long run.