Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Was it ever established? I imagine ThunderCats, SilverHawks & TigerSharks existed in the same universe.
    This was never established in the old shows, but something like it was alluded to in the Thundercats Reboot (which needs to get uncancelled, please and thank you. I don't care if it's a 6 year old cartoon by now).

In that, flashbacks of Mumm-Ra's ancient invasion showed that the main villains of the SilverHawks and TigerSharks were among his generals (also that, at this time, the Thunderan civilization were also under his rule before they rebelled).

Incredible Member

In the 80s, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Inhumanoids, and Jem and the Holograms all took place on the same world. The key link was the Not Geraldo reporter appearing in each series with the same name and voice. But Joe and Transformers also had a crossover ep.

John Hughes apparently put almost all his movies in the same fictional universe, even making notes for himself on where various characters lived in the recurring fictional suburb of Shermer, Illinois. Ferris Bueller himself even cameos in She's Having a Baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I really wonder what a "false" shared universe is., because "grafted after the fact", that is exactly what the DCU is.
    Eh, not really. They made Man of Steel and then BvS was deliberately planned as as sequel to it. It's not as if they made MoS and then decided to graft it onto the Nolanverse.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Some more recent crime dramas I think as well. NCIS, along with the other NCIS stuff is also in the same universe as JAG (Which it spun off from) and the new Hawaii 5-0.
    Hetty showed up on Scorpion, also.

Video game wise, there's a bit of crossover between Hideo Kojima's non-Metal Gear work. Policenaughts, Zone of the Enders and Snatcher all reference Metal Gear or vice versa, and one character-Meryl-even appears in both PN and MGS. However, there's a few contradictions and continuity issues between them, so maybe it's just "easter eggs".
    Metal Gear gets very meta and very convoluted just within its own continuity, so that's to be expected.

For a bit of fun, it's possible E.T and Star Wars exist in the same universe, as E.T recognizes a Yoda costume in the film and we see E.Ts in the senate in TPM. Of course it's just a two-way nod but a lot of fans have ran with it...(Including wondering if E.T's telekinetic/telepathic skills are somehow linked to the force).
    There's more to it in the Expand Universe/Legends. The "E.T." race was given the same name in a SW holonet news entry that was used in the novelizations. And there was mention of them trying to get funding for an extragalactic expedition, as I recall. Of course, Elliot in the movie has Star Wars action figures and even cites them by name, so that gets weird...

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Not a crossover, exactly, but they all used the plot point of a city-wide power outage as the genesis for their story on the same evening.
    Ah, yes, NBC's "Blackout Thursday!" There was another crossover event with characters from sitcoms showing up on other shows in one night, but Seinfeld didn't participate in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Speaking of NCIS, it turns out that on The Big Bang Theory, NCIS is a fictional TV show, that Penny had a role in a deleted scene. While on NCIS, The Big Bang Theory
    was just a TV show playing on a TV at a crime scene. An example of an explicitly not shared universe?
    Or the shows exist in a quantum-relative state with each other they were fictionally exist only when being observed. Community and Cougar Town got even weirder. Not only did they reference each other as fictional shows, but they also had characters do crossover cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I've always wished they could get the rights to The Thing and incorporate it into that universe.
    I've thought this too. It makes even more sense in light of Prometheus. That mutagenic black goo is either the origin of or derived from the Thing species.

Screenwriter David Peoples considers Soldier with Kurt Russel to be in the same universe as [I]Blade Runner[/I, and there are some Easter Eggs included in the movie to back it up. Ridley Scott has openly entertained the idea of Blade Runner and Alien being connected and there are some hints to that ranging from extras on the Prometheus blu ray to text screens made up for Aliens.

Personally, I think the reboot Battlestar Galactica makes a lot of sense as a distant spoilers:
    prequel]
    end of spoilers to whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    One of my great tv loves of all time, Chuck, apparently takes place in the same universe as Die Hard.

(Reginald VelJohnson appeared as Sgt. Powell in both.)

I'd be shocked to learn that Chuck hasn't also made references to Die Hard as a fictional movie, though.

But speaking of Die Hard, it can be connected to several action action movies and thrillers.
    Last edited by Jared; 11-22-2017 at 09:30 PM.

alien predator bladerunner and soldier.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    alien predator bladerunner and soldier.
    In (un)official chronological order the timeline goes something like,

Predator
    Predator 2
    Alien vs. Predator
    Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
    Predators
    The Predator (probably)
    Blade Runner
    Blackout: 2022
    Peter Weyland's TED Talk.
    Soldier
    2036: Nexus Dawn
    2048: Nowhere to Run
    Blade Runner: 2049
    Happy Birthday David
    Quiet Eye
    Prometheus (I'd suggest one of the fan edits. There are two or three that improve the movie considerably, IMO)
    The Crossing
    Meet Walter
    The Last Supper
    Alien: Covenant
    The Secrets of David's Lab (blu-ray features)
    Alien
    Alien: Isolation (videogame)
    Aliens
    Alien 3 (blargh!)
    Alien: Resurrection (double blargh!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post

Predator
    Predator 2
    Alien vs. Predator
    Predators
    The Predator (probably)
    Blade Runner
    Soldier
    Happy Birthday David
    Quiet Eye
    Prometheus (I'd suggest one of the fan edits. There are two or three that improve the movie considerably, IMO)
    The Crossing
    Meet Walter
    The Last Supper
    Alien
    Aliens
    Alien 3 (blargh!)
    Hey thanks man!

BANNED

Eh, not really. They made Man of Steel and then BvS was deliberately planned as as sequel to it. It's not as if they made MoS and then decided to graft it onto the Nolanverse.
    The original DCU, not the DCEU or the Arrowverse.

Invincible Member

I don't know why this didn't occur to me before but "Homicide:Life On The Street", the "Law and Order/SUV/Criminal Intent" franchise and the "Chicago Fire/PD/MD" franchise are all in the same universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

Was it ever established? I imagine ThunderCats, SilverHawks & TigerSharks existed in the same universe.
    In that, flashbacks of Mumm-Ra's ancient invasion showed that the main villains of the SilverHawks and TigerSharks were among his generals (also that, at this time, the Thunderan civilization were also under his rule before they rebelled).
    Nice! So Mumm-Ra, Mon-Star & T-Ray teamed up!

"Every species has it's place ..."
    \

Wish this was explored further.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-26-2020 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMikeyD View Post
    This is the one I would most like to see. I am enjoying Dynamite's "Greatest Adventure," and reading my way through Burroughs' connected novels. While Willingham is working from the concept that Burroughs' entire catalogue is one universe (and it may be), there are 50 that are for sure connected. While the only true crossover novel is "Tarzan at the Earth's Core," other connections include the fictional Burroughs (John Carter's nephew who has encountered David Innes and Carson Napier), Jason Gridley and his Gridley Wave (allowing for communication with Pellucidar and Barsoom). Also, Tarzan and Jane appear in the Custer Family novel "The Eternal Savage." Just with the 50 connected books, there's a ton of great ideas to pluck from.

I mean, c'mon, Hollywood. 2018 marks 100 years of Tarzan films. Why hasn't he fought dinosaurs yet?
    I've bought a few issues, but haven't read them yet.
    I does seem like they've pulled everyone in there, from the Center of the Earth to Venus.

Including the dinosaurs....

And never on film, but on TV the Filamation animated Tarzan did have him go to a Pellucidar like world and face a dinosaur.

And the later Disney Tarzan....
    http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Pellucidar
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-23-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    X-Files & Millennium. Bring back Millennium pls
    I agree with this!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    This was never established in the old shows, but something like it was alluded to in the Thundercats Reboot (which needs to get uncancelled, please and thank you. I don't care if it's a 6 year old cartoon by now).

The creators of the reboot also stated that they had plans for crossover episodes before the show was canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

The creators of the reboot also stated that they had plans for crossover episodes before the show was canceled.
    Seems like something Netfix could take up for a mini-series or done in one movie.
    Although I'd want the old Pacific Animation Corporation/Rankin-Bass Animated Entertainment style.
    Not the new versions.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-26-2020 at 04:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Also lupin the 3rd and detective conan/case closed are in the same world!

I didn't know about Conan and Lupin, but I do know that Detective Conan and Magic Kaito have crossed over.

Predator
    Predator 2
    Alien vs. Predator
    Predators
    The Predator (probably)
    Blade Runner
    Soldier
    Happy Birthday David
    Quiet Eye
    The Crossing
    Meet Walter
    The Last Supper
    Alien
    Aliens
    Alien 3 (blargh!)
    That’s the Commandoverse. Predator takes place in the fictional Latin American country Val Verde. In Commando, General Arius blackmails John Matrix to help him overthrow the president of... Val Verde.

Also, can’t believe you can list of all that and only blergh at Alien 3!

In the 80s, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Inhumanoids, and Jem and the Holograms all took place on the same world. The key link was the Not Geraldo reporter appearing in each series with the same name and voice. But Joe and Transformers also had a crossover ep.
    Dinobot island was in both gijoe and transformers. Cobra commander was in a transformers episode. Flint was in a episode of transformers visiting his daughter who was on many episodes and in "prime target" a woman from the gijoe cartoon shows up. In cops one of them is a nephew to ace from gijoe. The inhumanoids show up on a news show in jem, The song cold slither from gijoie shows up in both transformers and jem and sgt savage has cobra commander, hawk and doc in it just to name a few!

I didn't know about Conan and Lupin, but I do know that Detective Conan and Magic Kaito have crossed over.
    They had two lupin crossover films and lupin was a mask someone was wearing in another film. Oh my goddess made a cameo in a detective conan episode also and manga only hero yaibi (ova 1) also crossed over.