Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    That never happened. However, Phoebe's twin sister appeared both in Friends and Mad About You, and Kramer made an appearance in Mad About You, so you could argue that all 3 shows take place within the same universe.
    Not a crossover, exactly, but they all used the plot point of a city-wide power outage as the genesis for their story on the same evening.
    I'll admit I might've mixed things up in my brain. For some reason I was thinking that the Kramer on "Mad" and a "Friends" episode where Helen Hunt and a friend think that Phoebe is Ursula all happened on the same night.

Invincible Member

But I'm on surer footing with this one...Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and True Romance are all in the same universe. Kill Bill and Bastards are supposed to be movies that characters in those films watch. But I'm not sure how Django and Hateful Eight relate to those films.

And Kevin Smith's earlier films Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back are all in the same universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    But I'm on surer footing with this one...Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and True Romance are all in the same universe. Kill Bill and Bastards are supposed to be movies that characters in those films watch. But I'm not sure how Django and Hateful Eight relate to those films.
    It could easily go either way for Django and Hateful Eight, seeing as those are set in very different time periods and places (both from each other and the rest of the films).

Without insight from Tarantino, I'd imagine Hateful Eight would be the "historical movie with scattered factual liberties" making it in-universe, and Django more the "fictional western (southern?) hero" and being a "movie the real universe characters watch".
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 05-01-2017 at 09:49 PM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Agatha Christie's various detectives inhabit the same universe.

John le Carre's spy novels are set in the same universe.

Terry Pratchett's Discworld books have a variety of protagonists but are all set on Discworld.

Robin Hobb's various fantasy novel series are set on the same world.

Iain M Banks' Culture novels rarely feature the same protagonist twice but are set in the Culture universe.
    Who else were contributing to these universes at the same time? Having a universe (multiverse) isn't the same thing. It's not "shared" unless there is sharing. Multiple creators are a mandatory criterion for a shared universe.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Who else were contributing to these universes at the same time? Having a universe (multiverse) isn't the same thing. It's not "shared" unless there is sharing. Multiple creators are a mandatory criterion for a shared universe.
    Ah, my mistake. I've never looked up the definition of shared universe.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

The classic Toho Godzilla movies were all vaguely set in the same universe. Starting with Mothra Vs Godzilla.

Also the shows Psych and Monk are in the same universe pretty much confirmed by the last episode of Psych.

Aren't all the classic Cartoon Network shows sort of set in the same universe?

Retired

I think a shared universes can have a singular writer. It's just that comic books, TV and movies tend to involve a lot of people in producing them.

Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction and Green Acres shared the Hooterville Universe.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Seinfeld, Mad About You, and Friends were all in the same universe. I wanna say they even did an "event" one night when all the shows crossed over.
    Seinfeld and Mad About You "kinda" share the same universe because Paul Reiser used to live in Kramer's apartment HOWEVER, during one episode of Seinfeld, Susan (George's late fiance) calls George over to watch Mad About You. So it's kinda questionable.

Because Jay and Silent Bob appear in Scream 3, probably The View Askewniverse is the same as the Scream universe.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    It could easily go either way for Django and Hateful Eight, seeing as those are set in very different time periods and places (both from each other and the rest of the films).

Without insight from Tarantino, I'd imagine Hateful Eight would be the "historical movie with scattered factual liberties" making it in-universe, and Django more the "fictional western (southern?) hero" and being a "movie the real universe characters watch".
    I can see that being the case probably.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Seinfeld and Mad About You "kinda" share the same universe because Paul Reiser used to live in Kramer's apartment HOWEVER, during one episode of Seinfeld, Susan (George's late fiance) calls George over to watch Mad About You. So it's kinda questionable.
    It still works in universe. The assumption would be that somehow Jamie and Paul got a TV made about their lives just like Jerry and George made a pilot based on Jerry's.

Or how like in the fictional Marvel 616 universe, there's a comic book company named Marvel that publishes Fantastic Four comics.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Machete films and the Spy Kids movies exist in the same universe. It's hard to believe but Danny Trejo's character is the same in both franchises.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Knots Landing stop being in continuity with Dallas as it kept the dream seasons canon.
    I think it reconnected with the Dallas reboot series since Gary and Val showed up on that show after JR died for some episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    How many Stephen King books are set in the same universe again?
    There's a book about that. Apparently, they all are.

Sandy Hausler