View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Marvel Superman analog?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue Marvel

49 29.52%
  • Sentry

23 13.86%
  • Hyperion

48 28.92%
  • Gladiator

45 27.11%
  • Virtue (Ethan Edwards)

1 0.60%
  • Superbman

0 0%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I don't know why laymen keep calling Sentry Marvel's Superman when it has been stated many times that Paul Jenkins intended the character to be based Miracle Man. Sentry is more in the category of Miracle Man, Captain Atom, Dr. Manhattan or Hal Jordan than he is with Superman. Other than both sharing an "S" on their costumes they are zero alike from personality, character origins and the way their powers work.

Hyperion on the other hand is intended to be Marvel's Superman. Personality, the way their powers work(both are powered by yellow sun) and character origins. Only small different is that Hyperion has no exploitable weakness(for now), however Hyperion has said he needed to absorb more of the yellow sun due to not having enough power. The answer is clearly Hyperion.

Blue Marvel is hardly like Superman either. Just because a character flies and is strong does not mean they were intended to be based off Superman. There are many characters like that in both Marvel and DC. Its just a cliche hero ability.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It was a toss up between Hyperion and Gladiator for me, but in the end I chose Hyperion. Mostly because of the JMS Supreme Power version, but the recent version by Hickman and other writers has been pretty good as well. Hyperion feels like a closer analogue to Superman than Gladiator does to me.
    Same for me. It was a close call but Hyperion won just because he is not a lap dog of the Shi'ar.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post

however Hyperion has said he needed to absorb more of the yellow sun due to not having enough power. The answer is clearly Hyperion.
    Here some updated info on marvel now or current Hyperion weaknesses.
    Marcus Milton (Earth-13034)
    Weaknesses

Solar Energy Depletion: If Hyperion is cut off from the source of his strength, nourishing solar photons particles from the sun, then his strength and abilities gradually are weakened, ultimately making him vulnerable. Iron Man used sterile neutrinos, through dark radiation, to countermand Hyperion's radiation.

Magic: Hyperion is particularly susceptible to magic.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Marcus_...Earth-13034%29

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Here some updated info on marvel now or current Hyperion weaknesses.
    Marcus Milton (Earth-13034)
    Weaknesses

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Marcus_...Earth-13034%29
    My point proven.

Extraordinary Member

MARVEL Future Fight : Hyperion Joins The Fight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gstv5FDyBS4

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I voted for Sentry because he is the blonde, strong, male version of Storm.

Sentry also has a an "s" on his costume, just like superman and can stand for Storm.
    But, neither Kal-El nor Ororo are blond and schizo...

I really don't like Superman clones in general but if I had to pick Gladiator gets my vote. He has been the most original and by far the most interesting of the bunch to me.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

What about Omega and Wundarr

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Gladiator and Hyperion. Choose Hyperion because of Hickman.

Nefarius is probably my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I really don't like Superman clones in general but if I had to pick Gladiator gets my vote. He has been the most original and by far the most interesting of the bunch to me.
    The most original? Really? After Hyperion he is the closet to Superman especially him being a parody of Superman.

Mighty Member

I voted Hyperion, if only in general terms. Technically, there is more than one variant of the character. But, that also means that there has been a Hyperion in more good comics than the others. If we prioritize for specific iterations of a character, then I would probably argue for Blue Marvel or the Sentry.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Gladiator and Hyperion. Choose Hyperion because of Hickman.
    Have Gladiator and Hyperion ever crossed paths?

Gladiator for me. Underutilized.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

What about Thor, who was created by Stan and Jack because Marvel didn't have a character like Superman.