View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Marvel Superman analog?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue Marvel

49 29.52%
  • Sentry

23 13.86%
  • Hyperion

48 28.92%
  • Gladiator

45 27.11%
  • Virtue (Ethan Edwards)

1 0.60%
  • Superbman

0 0%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I really don't like Superman clones in general but if I had to pick Gladiator gets my vote. He has been the most original and by far the most interesting of the bunch to me.
    Agreed. Same reason I picked Gladiator. Though it might just be because hes the character I read the most about.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

To me it's a tie between Blue Marvel and Thor. Superman to me generally comes off as a cross between them.

I hope marvel never has a true "superman". I just started to like Superman after Rebirth but every since i was little Superman irked me. The very idea that his ideals are suppose to be truth and justice and yet his entire life he has spent lying and hiding from those who he claims to love and those who love him has always made him a hypocrite to me. Perhaps i see it too black and white, i don't know, but from the first time i saw him, before i even understood the deep complexities of life and lying i innately had a deep dislike and distrust for the character of Superman. I still do, but i just think the stories are better.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That's the same thing embodied by characters like the original X-Men, Batman, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Iron Man, and others. Truth and justice are not about being perfect or absolved of all personal shortcomings, which are debatable in merits, but fighting against oppression, corruption, chaos, cruelty, and greed.

Superman at various points had come clean about his double life with a number of core cast members as appropriate. Lana, Lois, Jimmy, John Henry... the closest friends not related to him. Generally speaking, his mission to serve others is not compromised by working at a news outlet or partaking in activities that allow him to interact with humans in a natural environment. Particularly speaking, he's had enough friends and family tortured by people who suspected the truth that it would stand to reason they'd be at more risk actually knowing something when they didn't have to. He's the world's biggest celebrity but has a right to a private life like anyone else, even though he's always on-call.

That's the thing that is kinda missing from many expy characters. We never really had a period of current time where the Sentry behaved like a functioning member of society, for example. Gladiator doesn't really care about protecting people he doesn't know.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Well, if this is about ideals, you have to dismiss Gladiator, because he's been portrayed as someone whose ideals didn't always align with the golden rule. That throws Blue Marvel back into the ring, since he's more likely to go out of his way to find a better solution, a nonviolent and moral solution, than just about anyone else in the Marvel Universe. He's the hero in the white hat, golden rule-minding, put others first and let's find common ground-type through and through. Now, I don't personally see him as a Superman analog, especially now that he's written more like a combination of Reed Richards and Captain Atom, but I can see how some would interpret Grevioux's hypothetical literally as him being an African-American Superman...as opposed to an extraordinarily powerful individual who was held in the same regard as a Superman-type figure (albeit not a messianic Superman-type figure), until 1960s America found out that he was African-American.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 12-27-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Uh... Miracle Man is NOT a Superman analog. Miracle Man is more similar to Captain Atom.
    That's hard to believe when he was literally replacing Captain Marvel.

And Captain Atom is Charlton's Superman.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    That's hard to believe when he was literally replacing Captain Marvel.

And Captain Atom is Charlton's Superman.
    Agreed, Miracle Man...Shazam/Captain Marvel...all in the Superman bin.

There was another character out there named Gabriel Shepherd, who I think was also meant to be a Superman homage. He appeared in the pages of X-Men, iirc.

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by mace11; 03-25-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by mace11; 03-25-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I do not want to create another thread for this but i will post it here.

5 Best Marvel Wonder Women - Fantastic Five

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37dYvScobcc
    Thor is Marvel's original Superman analogue.

There's a reason they threw down against each other in JLA/Avengers.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Blue Marvel
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

The james rhodes post was edited above.
    The wrong link was put in,now the right link is in.
    or
    James Rhodes (Earth-982)
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/James_R...28Earth-982%29
    Last edited by mace11; 03-25-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Thor is Marvel's original Superman analogue.
    I also thought so too.
    Silver surfer as been called a marvel superman as well.

Incredible Member

Blue Marvel, mainly because I know his character and origin. Not so much for the others. Sentry, Bob, the Void, all that nonsense, I can do without.