View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bitch Planet #10

1 6.67%
  • Black Monday Murders #5

6 40.00%
  • Black Road #9

0 0%
  • Hadrian's Wall #6 (of 8)

0 0%
  • Kill Or Be Killed #8

2 13.33%
  • Loose Ends #4 (of 4)

0 0%
  • Magdalena #2

0 0%
  • The Old Guard #3

2 13.33%
  • Savage Dragon #223

2 13.33%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #23

2 13.33%
  • Street Angel: After School Kung Fu Special

0 0%
  • Underwinter #2

0 0%
  • Renato Jones: The One% #1 (Image Giant-Sized Artist's Proofs Edition)

0 0%
  • Splitting Image (80-page giant reprint)

0 0%

Default Image Comics poll week 17 - Street Angels are always late

Hey everyone welcome back to the weekly Image poll! Apologies for being 2 days later than usual with this one, have had a lot on my plate this week.

Last week's poll saw reliable winner Monstress take another victory lap for its 11th issue. Despite competition from new series, the creepy issue turned out strong enough by itself.

Let's look what happened this week: Bitch Planet was finally back... to wrap up its current storyline and go on hiatus yet again. There will be a mini-series to bridge the gap this time however. Black Monday Murders and Savage Dragon began new storylines while Loose Ends wrapped its, well, loose ends to finish the series as planned.

In terms of reprints it was a big week too, with Renato Jones getting the "Image Giant-Sized Artist's Proofs Edition" treatment (I hate how long this denomination is). And Splitting Image got a reprint for the first time, to celebrate Image's 25th anniversary. This is a parody book detailing how Image was split up in a whole bunch of studios, so might be worth a look for those of you who like inside baseball.

In terms of new releases, there was Street Angel: After School Kung Fu Special, a hardcover of Jim Rugg's latest street angel adventures.
    276823.jpg

What did you guys and gals enjoy best this week?

Trade-waiting on Old Guard, so nothing for me this week.

I simply voted for the Hickman of the month. (Three are announced in May and I would be really happy if it actually happens : EoW, + BMM + The Dying & The Dead... hmm... that would be nice!)

I'm trade waiting for the second arc of Monstress.
    Last edited by Abe; 04-29-2017 at 08:35 AM.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Stray Bullets. It's just not fair to any other titles. Stray Bullets. Every time.
    Otherwise, Kill or Be Killed!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Nothing for me this week

Has anybody had Green Valley #6? I've only had up to #5 and my LCS owner says that it isn't out yet, but I was sure that it was...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Nothing for me this week

Has anybody had Green Valley #6? I've only had up to #5 and my LCS owner says that it isn't out yet, but I was sure that it was...
    I've had Green Valley #6 & #7 and #8 is due May 10th. Not sure why your LCS would think otherwise.
    Monthly: Batwoman, Black Hammer, Black Magick, Detective Comics, Injection, Extremity, Heathen, Lazarus, Monstress, The Old Guard.
    Mini Series: Abbott, Return to Whisper, Songs for the Dead.
    TPB/HC: Animosity, East of West, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Southern Cross, The Woods.

Oh wonderful... Thanks!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

BANNED

...I only got Black Monday Murders, but I vote for it with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Stray Bullets. It's just not fair to any other titles. Stray Bullets. Every time.
    Otherwise, Kill or Be Killed!
    Yeah, I get it, but Bitch Planet, man. Sorry, the Bullets went down this week and I'm sticking with the Planet. After all, boys can be nc too, right? (Seriously, I am probably going to piss off the wrong people with the BP jokes.)

Black Monday Murders for me! Kill or Be Killed was good, but BMM is back!

Kill or be Killed by default for me.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Nothing for me this week

That's really strange. Maybe whatever ordering system comic shops use has a glitch in it or something? Digitally you can certainly get them up til #7 right now. My retailer has #6 in stock actually, with issue 7 sold out entirely.