Default Was Psylocke dating a woman in the 90s and we all missed it?

I remember reading the Marvel UK series Dark Angel a couple of years ago, Psylocke guest starred in most of the issues but there was two issues were she went to visit Dark Angel in England, I think it was just after a visit with Captain Britain.

There was an exchange, clearly in the morning were Betsy was wearing Dark Angel's happy Monday's top. At the time we didn't know Betsy was open to that type of relationship. To my knowledge Dark Angel never exhibited any interest in men.
    306836-20491-122896-1-dark-angel.jpg

BANNED

probably

/10

BANNED

Or it can be a case of simply not having anything to sleep in and Angel lent her a tee shirt?

most likely

Ultimate Member

I doubt that they'd make a change like that in a comic that most people would never even know existed, more than likely it was either a borrowed shirt or one that Betsy had just hadn't worn yet, and I'd guess that since they were in England the artist would probably put a design on the clothes that they were wearing for some place in England...kind of product placement more than anything...

BANNED

Please, no. Ten characters.

I mean, we know Betsy is bi now, and whether or not the writer intended it at the time, it certainly can be read as such.

Betsy is canonically bisexual now, however this is kind of up in the air.

Remember, Marvel used to be very, very reluctant to have LGBT characters. Even when Young Avengers had Wiccan and Hulkling, which were among the first to be outright gay, they couldn't actually be shown kissing each other or having much in the way of intimate contact. It's the same reason why Karolina got shuffled off when she was revealed to be lesbian, and when she came back, Xavin would constantly switch to their male form. Just very squeamish about this stuff in general. It's very recent, due to developments in real world events, that they've fully embraced it.

So if she was bi back then, we don't know.

Funny, I was just earlier today reading the Alan Davis/Jamie Delano Captain Britain stuff that came between the Alan Moore run and Excalibur... Betsy returns home from an extended period of convalescence following the events of Moore's run, with fellow telepath Alison Double at her side.

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 12.17.55 AM.jpg

It's entirely uncommented on but Double sticks around, apparently staying at the Braddock manor long term, always appearing at Betsy's side, hardly ever saying anything. I'm not saying Davis and Delano were definitely implying anything (and Betsy was romantically involved with a male telepath in the Moore issues) but there is definitely room to make what you will of the domestic arrangement.

why was she attracted to Doug Ramsey?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    why was she attracted to Doug Ramsey?
    Did you forget Betsy's second mutation is bad taste?
    "Cable was right!"

Yes. Shevaun is an ex of Betsy’s in my headfanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Did you forget Betsy's second mutation is bad taste?
    Doug’s power enables him charismatic charm through language. I mean, he can speak French! The language of love. I’m sure that would make him a hit.

Betsy's taste in men has not improved since joining X-Force lol.