Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    BANNED

Its not really ambigious at all really. Tim has parents so he's not adopted obviously and this has been his status quo for the overwhelming majority of his existence in addition to being the current one.
    Cass is not adopted and she never was.
    Dick and Jason are still acknowledged as sons if RHATO and Nightwing are anything to go by. Dick ws literally referred to as the first son in the latest issue of Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Dick ws literally referred to as the first son in the latest issue of Nightwing.
    REALLY? I admit I havent read the latest issue of Nightwing yet, but interesting to hear.

I do wonder if Tims Parents are going to end up having an "encore" death eventually, you know, just for the drama of it all. They are just sitting there not interacting with Tim and I don't think DC is above wiping them out for some man pain. Although I hope I'm wrong, I kinda liked the fact that Tim had parents in pre52, and the fact that they are still alive and well was one of the things I was pleased with in the new52. He kind of created a break from the convenient orphans Bruce kept finding to have as robin.

I loved this issue. Absolutely loved it. I wonder if they will bring up Thomas's last words to Bruce? Did I mention I loved this issue?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    I can't help but be just a little disappointed by the ending Bruce barely got to talk to flashpoint!Thomas and then bang he was seemingly erased.
    Being a tradereader I was looking forward to the Button for a long time and I haven't been this unhappy with an issue of Batman in years. My two big problems: 1. Somewhere along the road to Button I got the impresion the 3 Jokers situation would be resolved during the Button arc. 2. The meeting between Bruce and Thomas was way too short and they barely interacted. This should have been an annual not 4 issues where almost nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Being a tradereader I was looking forward to the Button for a long time and I haven't been this unhappy with an issue of Batman in years. My two big problems: 1. Somewhere along the road to Button I got the impresion the 3 Jokers situation would be resolved during the Button arc. 2. The meeting between Bruce and Thomas was way too short and they barely interacted. This should have been an annual not 4 issues where almost nothing happens.
    For me it was worth it just because of how good the conversation itself was. Bruce telling Thomas he's a grandfather just tugged at my heartstrings; it's the perfect thing for Bruce to tell his dad. The Button may not have amounted to much plot wise, but damn if it didn't pack a punch in the feels. I enjoyed it just for the little moments like that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    For me it was worth it just because of how good the conversation itself was. Bruce telling Thomas he's a grandfather just tugged at my heartstrings; it's the perfect thing for Bruce to tell his dad. The Button may not have amounted to much plot wise, but damn if it didn't pack a punch in the feels. I enjoyed it just for the little moments like that alone.
    It probably would have been much cheaper to watch one of the Christmas movies they play over-and-over this time of year on the Hallmark Channel if you're really interested in those type of "little moments".

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It probably would have been much cheaper to watch one of the Christmas movies they play over-and-over this time of year on the Hallmark Channel if you're really interested in those type of "little moments".
    That’s nice. I’ll just continue to enjoy the story for what is, thanks .

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    When the next Tom King trade is released I'll reread Button and I try to enjoy it for what it is and not be disappointed with what it is not. Also Barry and Bruce should do detective work together more often.