Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Batman #22 ("The Button" Part 3)

Some info about this issue:

According to Newsarama (and also a listing on the DC website for Batman #22), Josh Williamson (who writes The Flash) will be doing the script for Batman #22 instead of regular Bat-writer Tom King.

DC's current crossover "The Button" will undergo a few minor changes in plans as it moves towards its May finale.

First, The Flash writer Josh Williamson will now also script Batman #22 rather than regular Batman writer Tom King - a decision with several reasons behind it.

"As we worked out the story details of the issues together, it become clear to me that Josh could script Batman #22 better than I could," King explained. "My responsibility is to put out the best Batman issue possible for the fans, and in this case, the way to do that was to step back a bit and let Josh take the lead. Reading it over now, it's obvious I was right; I love the issue and I love this event, and I can't wait for everyone to get it in their hands."

Williamson added that scheduling considerations also played a part in the decision, saying "Tom and I had been working together on this insane 'Button' crossover for months, so when he needed to focus on the next arc of Batman with 'The Brave and The Mold' and 'The War of Jokes and Riddles,' it was super easy for me to jump in and help take the script across the finish line. Tom and I had talked with DC editorial about what we could reveal in Batman #22 and how it would play out and we’re happy with the story we developed together. The next parts of the crossover are going to be a wild ride."
    And Part 4 (in The Flash #22) will be out a week later (May 17th instead of May 10th).

Astonishing Member

Let's hope that DC are finally able to send the lenticular cover to international comic shops.

Williamson's already writing the main Batman book. He's really moving up at DC .

I'm really surprised there's not more talk about how King isn't writing Batman #22.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm really surprised there's not more talk about how King isn't writing Batman #22.
    I noticed it, but since I'm not a super hardcore reader of Batman, I hadn't really commented much about it. I wonder if it was too much for Williamson, as well, since Flash has been delayed for the month of May.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Let's be honest, the Button as an arc is much heavier on Flash mythos than it is on Bat mythos, so I think that this is fine. It's the return of Jay Garrick after all.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I noticed it, but since I'm not a super hardcore reader of Batman, I hadn't really commented much about it. I wonder if it was too much for Williamson, as well, since Flash has been delayed for the month of May.
    Considering that we're talking about going from writing a twice-monthly title and now you're adding a third issue he's writing that month (plus any other outside projects he may have), a one week delay isn't all that terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Let's be honest, the Button as an arc is much heavier on Flash mythos than it is on Bat mythos, so I think that this is fine. It's the return of Jay Garrick after all.
    I'm still waiting to see if that will happen at the end of The Flash #22 or not.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I think part of it is that Williamson and King clash in styles. Anyway, I think King's issue might still end up the best issue in this arc with the simple hockey thing that was clever and kinetic.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    So Flashpoint actually continued to exist after Barry reverted the timeline back, only everyone managed to survive the big nuke at the end somehow.

I am beyond hyped for this. I love ThomasBats (GrandpaBats) so much and seeing him with Bruce will be amazing.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

yo this issue is going to be f#$%^ing lit. I never get like super hyped to the point of jitters, but my grown ass feels like this is a paradox that has been a long time coming. It's like the conclusive emotional roller coaster for Bruce that's going to give him some sort of mild closure. This is huge for the Bat-Verse.
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

Quote Originally Posted by thefiresky View Post
    yo this issue is going to be f#$%^ing lit. I never get like super hyped to the point of jitters, but my grown ass feels like this is a paradox that has been a long time coming. It's like the conclusive emotional roller coaster for Bruce that's going to give him some sort of mild closure. This is huge for the Bat-Verse.
    somebody's had a few too many Unicorn Frappuccinos®

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Flashpoint actually continued to exist after Barry reverted the timeline back, only everyone managed to survive the big nuke at the end somehow.
    Flashpoint was represented in Convergence, so maybe that had something to do with it. At the end of Convergence the Multiverse was restored, each timeline developing as if the event that ushered in the next one never happened.

Extraordinary Member

Thank GOD Fabok has gotten rid of that ugly chinstrap on Barry. He looks so much better without it.