Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I wonder if we're going to see any other flashpoint characters like emperor aquaman or subject 0 the scrawny looking superman that was raised underground by the government?

Poor Thomas, all against him..

Eh, sounds like this is going the way of Monster Men for me - irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Eh, sounds like this is going the way of Monster Men for me - irrelevant.
    Actually, I got more of that "NIGHT OF THE MONSTER MEN" vibe from Batman / The Shadow #1.
    (Then again, both had Steve Orlando involved in the writing as well as both having Riley Rossmo doing the artwork.)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, I got more of that "NIGHT OF THE MONSTER MEN" vibe from Batman / The Shadow #1.
    (Then again, both had Steve Orlando involved in the writing as well as both having Riley Rossmo doing the artwork.)
    I agree. I don't like Orlando's writing, almost ever, but Joshua Williamson's been pretty solidly enjoyable every time I've read him. I've never followed any of his titles, but I know when I pick up his books I'm in for a nice, warm, fun story. I know when I pick up Orlando I'm in for disjointed dialogue and much edgier character interactions and violence.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

Can't wait for this, makes sense Williamson is writing it though, even though is a joint investigation its more a flash story in my eyes, especially with the time travel, the link below though explains abit better from a writers standpoint.

http://www.newsarama.com/34282-the-b...2-delayed.html

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I wish I knew this going in. I am not interested in this Watchmen crossover but was curious to see what Tom King would do with both the narrative and the structure of his issues, so I bought into this. Ah well.

Can't help but feel like we blew through I AM BANE for nothing. That's where my attention was. Felt real jolting going from that to this.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Bruce Wayne Batman meeting his father from another world, Thomas Wayne Batman.

Does anyone get the feeling that we're witnessing one of the most epic moments in the history of DC Comics?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Does anyone get the feeling that we're witnessing one of the most epic moments in the history of DC Comics?

Not really...? If that's what it's supposed to be, it's not really being presented that way.

But it doesn't need to be "epic" to still be profound or bittersweet.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't mean it on technical level, but another writer taking over completely suggests to me that nothing from this will matter to King's bigger story like how Gotham, Catwoman and Bane arcs connect to each other and build further.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I wish I knew this going in. I am not interested in this Watchmen crossover but was curious to see what Tom King would do with both the narrative and the structure of his issues, so I bought into this. Ah well.
    And I'll second this. King's issues have interesting structural elements while Flash issue was just decent Flash issue without much to write home about.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

YES. The whole crossover has been filled with them but a Bruce Wayne/Thomas Wayne meeting? That hasn't happened in 78 years of Batman comics. I can't believe a single Batman fan is doing anything other than jumping up and down from excitement.

A little disappointed with King falling back, but it's just scripting their collaboration plot, right?

Plus King was real about it and I'm interested in the quality of the final product above all
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

BANNED

The button we all been smashing for.

Thomas: "Marthaaaaaa!"

Bruce: "Why did you say that nameeeeee"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Not really...? If that's what it's supposed to be, it's not really being presented that way.

But it doesn't need to be "epic" to still be profound or bittersweet.
    Ditto, but I`m honestly a tad confused. They`ve met before, haven`t they?

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Ditto, but I`m honestly a tad confused. They`ve met before, haven`t they?
    I think so, which is part of why I'm not super-excited. It's not the very first time.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)