Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I'm sad the next issue is delayed a week, these 3 issues have been all build up, so I'm hoping this 4th is a juicy big reveal.

Flash mentioned he repaired the timeline months ago, so do we know when roughly flash came back from flashpoint into this portion of the timeline?

I don't like how these issues feel like they read so fast on the batman side... I wish they'd go by longer

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    In Batman #21, Thawne disappeared with the button and reappeared dying/dead moments later. Barry simply caught him during the time he was gone via time travel. So he hasn't died yet.
    Thanks, I know but it's still abit confusing, I mean in Batman #21 it didn't really look like Thawne time traveled, more like Manhattan teleported him somewhere only to reappear moments later...not complaining like been a great story so far just that last scene baffled me abit lol.

BANNED

This was sooooooo baaaaaaaaad.

For me at least.

I see a lot of you liked it, but between the dryness of the meeting between Bruce and Thomas itself (this wasn't something I was excited for, and it failed to make me excited), itself, the presence of Batgod with two Batmen being able to H2H a squad of Atlantean and Amazon soldiers, the absence of weight at the end because I don't care about the Flashpoint world at all and was actually kinda happy to see it die, along with the fact that we know Bruce isn't gonna stop being Batman because DUH, and Bruce telling Thomas he has a son, instead of, you know, FOUR sons! Just too much wrong.

Here's hoping the finale's big reveals are enough to make buying these last three issues worth it...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I wonder if Bruce is gonna take Thomas advice and retire. Maybe after dark nights and gotham girl's training.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I wonder if Bruce is gonna take Thomas advice and retire. Maybe after dark nights and gotham girl's training.
    Oh god...what if this is set-up for DUKE BECOMING BATMAN?!

I, and I'm sure many others, would be beyond pissed if that happened...and I think Atlanta96 might literally explode with rage. XD

Always Rakzo

I don't know if is because Williamson writing most of this but this issue was an improvement over previous ones. More character work, more plot progression and overall more CONTENT than other issues from this series. Good stuff.

Fabok is simply fantastic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Of for C-----t's sake? Another "Bruce quits being Batman" story?

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Oh god...what if this is set-up for DUKE BECOMING BATMAN?!

I, and I'm sure many others, would be beyond pissed if that happened...and I think Atlanta96 might literally explode with rage. XD
    I think I'd burst like a volcano if that were to happen.

Unlikely though in the real sense that Bruce would retire. Highly unlikely.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    I think I'd burst like a volcano if that were to happen.

Unlikely though in the real sense that Bruce would retire. Highly unlikely.
    From a real world perspective, Bruce will never stop being Batman permanently. Snyder may want Duke to be Batman for a year or something.

Snyder can't be that delusional if he thinks Duke as Batman would even last a YEAR.

http://www.cbr.com/batman-22-button-...-thomas-wayne/

The bottom part seems more likely, a lot more. A more optimistic and non broody Bruce.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Maybe Dick could take over again? The fact we have war of jokes and riddles which is set in the past makes me interested in the next arc following it. Whatever it is it shall be grand im sure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Maybe Dick could take over again?
    Not likely. They're not gonna cancel Nightwing.

Spectacular Member MikefromGotham's Avatar

I'm glad Bruce and Barry are as confused as I am, because this hasn't provided any even semi-answers at all. The overall mystery of 'the button' hasn't progressed at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikefromGotham View Post
    I'm glad Bruce and Barry are as confused as I am, because this hasn't provided any even semi-answers at all. The overall mystery of 'the button' hasn't progressed at all.
    Yeah, if the finale isn't one Hell of a Wham Episode, this whole thing will have kinda been a waste of time.

Spectacular Member MikefromGotham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Yeah, if the finale isn't one Hell of a Wham Episode, this whole thing will have kinda been a waste of time.
    It's been fun, first issue was well done, second one moved the story forward well I thought. Today really opened up a raft of new questions, and the Bruce - Thomas meeting felt odd. The art was amazing, Fabok is great. So I'm reading it and thinking well this is cool, but I feel like it should have moved forward more by this point. You're 100% right, the finale better really stick the landing...