Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I feel like Bruce's roll is more of a mentor than anything since we got the New52 versions. Good friends, Bruce almost a father-figure, but mostly Bruce has been a slightly older mentor with more experience than Dick.
    Scott Snyder even went so far as to say they were more like brothers now, but I think the pendulum is shifting back the other direction post-Rebirth.

There have been references to Dick being a teenage Robin again, specifically in Night of the Monster Men.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    To truly be a good father to Damian then Bruce would have to keep him out of the field stop him endangering himself he would also need to stop Batmaning. Damian isn't going to be okay with any of that.

Being a "Good Father" ironically could damage their relationship.
    Damian, like Jason Todd, would be running around doing dangerous things anyway so it's best if Bruce tries to channel that energy into something positive while keeping an eye on him. Being Robin is the best chance he's got.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Scott Snyder even went so far as to say they were more like brothers now, but I think the pendulum is shifting back the other direction post-Rebirth.

There have been references to Dick being a teenage Robin again, specifically in Night of the Monster Men.
    Yup, especially since in Nightwing, we see flashbacks where he looks like a 12-year-old.

Damian, like Jason Todd, would be running around doing dangerous things anyway so it's best if Bruce tries to channel that energy into something positive while keeping an eye on him. Being Robin is the best chance he's got.
    Surly there are other ways to channel energy that don't involve illegal activities. Heck if your son really wants to kick someone so much then enlist him. No good father would do what Bruce Wayne does.

Get them counselling both Damian and Jason can be turned around just that Bruce didn't try hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yup, especially since in Nightwing, we see flashbacks where he looks like a 12-year-old.
    I thought he looked much older than 12. I mean in those flashbacks he looked a lot older than Damian who is 13

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Did unmasked Thomas Wayne in this issue look a bit like aged Richard Gere or Roger Waters?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Did unmasked Thomas Wayne in this issue look a bit like aged Richard Gere or Roger Waters?

More Waters than Gere.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Man what a great issue. Need more like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Surly there are other ways to channel energy that don't involve illegal activities. Heck if your son really wants to kick someone so much then enlist him. No good father would do what Bruce Wayne does.

Get them counselling both Damian and Jason can be turned around just that Bruce didn't try hard enough.
    Damian was a ten year old assassin with contempt for authority, not the kind of kid who's going to listen to a psychiatrist. He was either going to throw in with Bruce's mission or Ra's al Ghul's. Bruce gave him a purpose and taught him respect for human life.

Fantastic Member

Yo this is very true. I need a nice nugget in this last flash issue. I'm teased enough at this point sacariidc

agreed! the button so far has teased us with teases we already KNOW about!!!!that's what frustrating me about this arch, I'm mean they've shown the (more or less) the same teaser about Johny thunder! it's like we love it..now get to the point!

it's going on 3 years for mr Oz ! I loved the speculation & theories, still do! When you are doing an event like this , you need to KNOW when to let the "slow bake" to rise up!

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post

Here someone fixed it for you
    "And I allowed one of them to get beat to death with a crowbar. But he got better! Oh and another one was beat to death by his half-brother. But he got better too! And another one died and...well, hmm. Plus Alfred got his arm chopped off recently, but he got better. Wow, there's a lot I have to tell you! Actually never mind."
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-04-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Damian was a ten year old assassin with contempt for authority, not the kind of kid who's going to listen to a psychiatrist. He was either going to throw in with Bruce's mission or Ra's al Ghul's. Bruce gave him a purpose and taught him respect for human life.
    Nailed it!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Dick has always been a teenage Robin in the New52. It's just that he was more towards his later teens when that happened in the beginning (though the artwork in Nightwing #0 did make him look like very early teens when his parents were killed, but that may not really mean anything).

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Say...overlooked in all this discussion. Undoubtedly, many noticed that the destruction waves that claimed the FLASHPOINT world looked suspicious familiar (like Anti-Monitor's antimatter waves from COIE or Parallax's entropy waves from ZERO HOUR). Is there something to that?

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

I had to sigh at Thomas telling Bruce to stop being Batman for the sake of his family. I mean it's just to soon to be doing this again after the last portion of Snyders work put Bruce into (forced) retirement to make way for A Mass-Produced Batcop fighting a Slenderman with a sunflower face & have a bunch of kids running rampant as self-titled Robins.

Beyond that though great issue. Looking forward to how Jay Garrick gets involved in this.