Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Not likely. They're not gonna cancel Nightwing.
    Dick as Batman, Tim as Nightwing.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Tim as Nightwing.

Please, we ALL know that Tim is gonna come back as Mr. Sarcastic.

Also, irrelevant as it is, I think there's actually way more fanart of Cass as Nightwing than Tim. That idea was REALLY popular during the Morrison Dickbats run.
    Last edited by Assam; 05-03-2017 at 10:06 AM.

I'd like that! Red Robin always sounded slightly awkward in my opinion

Boy, what an issue .

You can definitely tell this wasn't written by King since the dialogue actually sounded natural and there wasn't any repetition, though the pathos of Bruce and Thomas in the cave and flashing back to what Thomas said to Bruce as a child seems like the kind of emotional beat King would've done. But Williamson did a good job with it, nonetheless .

So Flashpoint still existing or a remnant of it still remaining is a big question mark. Barry thinks it was deliberate, like the other lost moments they saw while traversing time in the last part, but what purpose did it serve having Bruce and Barry go back to Flashpoint? Why did Manhattan still need Flashpoint to exist in some form? To throw off Barry and Bruce? As a reminder of the DCU at its worst or of what he can accomplish? Is it related to how we went from Flashpoint to the New 52?

Compared to their meeting in Convergence, I felt like this was a much stronger and more powerful take on father and son Batmen encountering one another. Granted, it was still pretty brief, but I think that served the story well and what we got was pretty great. The two Batmen fighting side-by-side, Bruce getting to tell Thomas about Damian, and Thomas getting to wish his son be happy and find peace before getting wiped out of existence.

And Thomas telling Bruce to be a father to his son really felt especially poignant given how critical we've been of Bruce's treatment of Damian over the past few months, or even Dick's illustrating of his failure as dad over in Nightwing. If Bruce should take anything away from what Thomas said, it should be that.

I also really liked that moment where Bruce knocked the gun out of Thomas' hand with a Batarang. It was a small moment, but it underscored the difference between the two quite well.

So I wonder if Barry and Bruce discovering Thawne in the time-stream before he got vaporized is going to lead to them inadvertently saving Reverse-Flash from his encounter with Manhattan? Though they all seem to be on the same path towards "God," so we'll see what happens...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

So Flashpoint still existing or a remnant of it still remaining is a big question mark. Barry thinks it was deliberate, like the other lost moments they saw while traversing time in the last part, but what purpose did it serve having Bruce and Barry go back to Flashpoint? Why did Manhattan still need Flashpoint to exist in some form? To throw off Barry and Bruce? As a reminder of the DCU at its worst or of what he can accomplish? Is it related to how we went from Flashpoint to the New 52?
    If Manhattan's goal is to weaken our heroes, then getting Bruce to retire because of what his dad said is a good way to weaken the DC Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by MikefromGotham View Post
    It's been fun, first issue was well done, second one moved the story forward well I thought. Today really opened up a raft of new questions, and the Bruce - Thomas meeting felt odd. The art was amazing, Fabok is great. So I'm reading it and thinking well this is cool, but I feel like it should have moved forward more by this point. You're 100% right, the finale better really stick the landing...
    Agree with this. I've liked this story, this issue was the truth. It hit me in my fatherly way. But yeah, wtf is up with this damn Button?!?!?!
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I see a lot of you liked it, but between the dryness of the meeting between Bruce and Thomas itself (this wasn't something I was excited for, and it failed to make me excited), itself, the presence of Batgod with two Batmen being able to H2H a squad of Atlantean and Amazon soldiers, the absence of weight at the end because I don't care about the Flashpoint world at all and was actually kinda happy to see it die, along with the fact that we know Bruce isn't gonna stop being Batman because DUH, and Bruce telling Thomas he has a son, instead of, you know, FOUR sons! Just too much wrong.

Here someone fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post

much better

BANNED

HUZZAH!

Is that including Duke as a son though? Not too hot on that, but still much better than what was written in the comic.

Wasn't aware Tim and Duke's parents had given them up for adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Wasn't aware Tim and Duke's parents had given them up for adoption.
    ...don't ruin it dude

I would actually prefer tentacle Jason to don the Nightwing suit again than NuTim. I'm not even kidding.

"And only one of them is related by blood, just fyi. I'm kind of into adoption."

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Of for C-----t's sake? Another "Bruce quits being Batman" story?
    Maybe he can just take some time off to be there for his family. Until Joker Does Something And Hes Forced to put the suit back on
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Doubt he'll even take the suit off.
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom