Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Am I the only Marvel fan that wants the REAL Watcher back in the comics ?

I mean I REALLY DESPISE what Jason Aaron has done to Nick Fury Sr., Thor and Uatu the Watcher all in one storyline event. I mean honestly I'm hoping that as soon as he's off THOR that we can proceed in getting things back to normal and bringing back the Uatu.

I mean I can't be the only Marvel fan that wants the ORIGINAL Watcher back, right ?

As fan of the character what do you say to this ?

I'd be moire than happy to see the original Watch, the real Nick, and the original Thor all take their own places back.

Nope. However, I want the real everything back in the comics.

Original Nick as a Watcher is so far out of left field, I don't get it. As weird as I find Nick doing this, I'm not sure how good a Uatu return would be. He appeared when things were basically FUBAR and stood around watching. He's basically an indicator of importance for the story. There have been stories using him, but they've generally been Uatu doing something and getting called on it. Is there really a place for him anymore?

I'd be happy to have Uatu back and classic Fury back to being relevant again .

I... rather like Nick as The Unseen. I have never been much of Sr fan to be honest, so seeing him becoming the new Watcher was rather cool. I suppose thats why I liked what Aaron did in Original Sin. Its a shame he has not been used much actually. Thats not to say I would be mad if Nick Sr came back like he was. Honestly I am rather surprised its not happen yet! There is a part of me which would kinda like to see Utha stay dead, if only because it would be nice if an event/death actually lasted and had a permanent effect on the MU.

As for the original Thor... well, I really love Jane-Thor so while I do think/want Odinson back in the spotlight, I hope she does not get thrown under the bus so that happens.

BANNED

I want Uatu back.

Am I the only one who doesn't like threads that start with the words "Am I the only one that..."

To answer the question though: I like Nick as the watcher just fine.
    However I also don't really care much for it.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I mean I REALLY DESPISE what Jason Aaron has done to Nick Fury Sr., Thor and Uatu the Watcher all in one storyline event. I mean honestly I'm hoping that as soon as he's off THOR that we can proceed in getting things back to normal and bringing back the Uatu.

I mean I can't be the only Marvel fan that wants the ORIGINAL Watcher back, right ?

As fan of the character what do you say to this ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'd be moire than happy to see the original Watch, the real Nick, and the original Thor all take their own places back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I want Uatu back.
    Yes, yes, yes, lol!

Then I would like to see Uatu put a hurtin' on Red Hulk Ross...

Nope. Keep him dead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I... rather like Nick as The Unseen. I have never been much of Sr fan to be honest, so seeing him becoming the new Watcher was rather cool. I suppose thats why I liked what Aaron did in Original Sin. Its a shame he has not been used much actually. Thats not to say I would be mad if Nick Sr came back like he was. Honestly I am rather surprised its not happen yet! There is a part of me which would kinda like to see Utha stay dead, if only because it would be nice if an event/death actually lasted and had a permanent effect on the MU.

As for the original Thor... well, I really love Jane-Thor so while I do think/want Odinson back in the spotlight, I hope she does not get thrown under the bus so that happens.
    Agree with both thor and jane

Want my cakes and eats it☺

miss u at and proper nick

Niffleheim

As much as i love Uatu the Watcher i prefer Nick as the Unseen because he responds to characters. So Marvel continue chaining Nicky on the moon
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I want it back because it smacked of change for change's sake, and that is a terminally trite and vacuous state to be in.

1) Samuel L Jackson is not Nick Fury. It would be bad enough if they tried to sideline an ancillary character, but to do it to one as iconic and integral as Fury smacks of utter disregard of a loyal fanbase.

2) The Watcher as an alien being is the point. It's because it's what his race does. It's not a job you apply for or get shunted into! Lazy, lazy writing.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I am waiting for someone to establish that Original Sin was a "What If?" story and not a "mainstream" Earth event. Uatu still exists somewhere, raising his kid.

The watchers are a race of aliens that erm watch. Does fury have to report to them or something?