Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I know who the LOSH big 3 is:

Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad

1. Teen Titans: Cyborg, Raven, Starfire (honestly I know nothing about TT)
    2. Villains of DC: Joker, Luthor, Darkseid (although if we're talking "Evil Trinity", replace Darkseid with Cheetah)
    3. Among the xmen: Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops
    4. Among Avengers: Captain America, Iron Man, Thor
    5. Among villains of Marvel Comics: Thanos, Loki, Red Skull?
    6. Among heroes of Valiant Comics: No idea.

Avengers: Iron Man, Captain America, Thor
    Gold Key: Turok, Magnus, Solar
    New Avengers Trinity: Wolverine, Spider-Man, Luke Cage
    Young Avengers: Wiccan, Hulking, Stature
    Marvel Villains: Doctor Doom, Red Skull, Loki
    X-Men Villains: Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth

Young Justice:
    Robin/Red Robin - Tim Drake
    Superboy - Kon-El/Conner Kent
    Impulse/Kid Flash - Bart Allen
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Big three of Marvel: Spider-Man, Wolverine, and....Hulk? Next to the former two, Hulk's the next one that I think has been engrained enough into the public psyche. In the past I would have included one of the Fantastic Four given them being Marvel's first family, but that's the problem: which one?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    The big 3 of DC is Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

But for you who are the big 3 of:

1. Teen Titans
    2. Villains of DC
    3. Among the xmen
    4. Among Avengers
    5. Among villains of Marvel Comics
    6. Among heroes of Valiant Comics
    1. Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy
    2. Joker, Lex Luthor, Darkseid (first two are for sure, last one idk)
    3. Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm
    4. Iron Man, Captain America, Thor
    5. Doctor Doom, Magneto, Red Skull

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Big three of Marvel: Spider-Man, Wolverine, and....Hulk? Next to the former two, Hulk's the next one that I think has been engrained enough into the public psyche. In the past I would have included one of the Fantastic Four given them being Marvel's first family, but that's the problem: which one?
    I think at this point Cap and Iron Man would both go ahead of Hulk. Cap is probably more important in the comics but Iron Man is probably more popular. In the end, I'm not sure which one but I think both are ahead of Hulk

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    1. Teen Titans
    Dick Grayson, Donna Troy, Cyborg

2. Villains of DC
    Lex Luthor, Joker, Darkseid

3. Among the xmen
    Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops

4. Among Avengers
    Captain America, Iron Man, Thor

5. Among villains of Marvel Comics
    Dr. Doom, Magneto, Thanos
    This exactly , Would probably change Magneto for Red Skull or Kang, but tbf that's only a recently, otherwise am in complete agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Agreed. And even then Darkseid is a character only fans know. The general public don't know him like they do Joker and Lex Luthor. Catwoman, Riddler, The Penguin etc are all far more well known than Darkseid.
    I think Joker and Lex Luthor are a lock-in for greatest awareness with the general public. The third, yeah, Darkseid isn't particularly known outside of comics. Ra's Al Ghul, Zod or Doomsday would probably be the most familiar (in terms of recent non-comic content).
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Almost exactly my choices, right down to questioning whether or not Darkseid really works on the same level as Luthor and Joker.

These days, I'd also wonder if Loki shouldn't replace Red Skull.

Spectacular Member Fearless Heart's Avatar

I agree 100%!

Retired

My alternative villain Big 3: Reverse Flash, Ra's al Ghul, General Zod. Don't actually like Zod myself, but he's had lots of exposure in other media as have Thawne and Ghul. I think the public might know them better than Darkseid (who probably seems to the average non-comics reader like a combo of Darth Vader and Thanos--which he is, because he likely inspired both, but people don't know that).

The classic All-American Big 3: Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Flash. They were cover featured on COMIC CAVALCADE and they were the only JSAers to get their own solo titles.

The classic DC Big 3: Superman, Batman, Robin the Boy Wonder. As with COMIC CAVALCADE, cover featured on WORLD'S FINEST COMICS. I'd say the popularity of the Dynamic Duo was as much down to Robin as Batman.

The Harvey little kid humour Big 3: Casper the Friendly Ghost, Richie Rich the Poor Little Rich Boy, Hot Stuff the Little Devil.

Extraordinary Member

I agree on Dick and Donna, but I Wallys case it depends how you define it. If it is about the most important charcters from that generation in general then it is Wally, but if it is only about the Titans series or the Team it is probaly Roy or Starfire, since Wally was (at least pre rebirth) hardly ever a major character in the Titans storylines.

I think at this point Cap and Iron Man would both go ahead of Hulk. Cap is probably more important in the comics but Iron Man is probably more popular. In the end, I'm not sure which one but I think both are ahead of Hulk
    Is it the character of Iron Man that's popular or is it more to do with Robert Downey Jr who's portraying him that's made him popular? We won't really know I guess until another actor takes Downeys place on playing him, but my guess would be that Iron Man the character will become less popular and fall behind Cap, Hulk and Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    Is it the character of Iron Man that's popular or is it more to do with Robert Downey Jr who's portraying him that's made him popular? We won't really know I guess until another actor takes Downeys place on playing him, but my guess would be that Iron Man the character will become less popular and fall behind Cap, Hulk and Thor.
    I mean regardless of the details, the guy has been in 4 straight billion dollar movies. He's so far the only MCU solo hero to have a billion dollar hit and he was so popular, they put him in the Captain America sequel and now in the new Spider-Man movie. I think even without Downey Jr, he's more popular than the other three. And easily more popular than Hulk who might have been in a lot of stuff over the years has never been a hit on the level of Iron Man. Remember both Hulk movies flopped at the box office

Overall, there's nothing really to say Cap or Thor are more popular than Iron Man. IM3 made 500 million more than Captain America: WS and Thor: TDW! That's just such a massive amount that there needs to be proof the other way around that the other two are more popular when Occam's Razor just says that Iron Man really is that popular now. Guy is officially an A-Lister