Question Name of '70s Marvel Sci-Fi Comic?

Hopefully I've put this in the right place, if not feel free to nerd rage on me.

I'm looking for an old, probably briefly run Marvel comic from the late '70s. It's a space comic that came in the wake of Star Wars, but is somewhat of a rip-off of the original Battlestar Glactica TV show. The lead character was a guy with longish black hair and a white uniform and cape, named Hawk or Falcon and he has one of those birds on his shoulder. He was deadly serious and had a rather roman nose and was frequently shown on the covers in profile. The comic was very dark with lots of heavy inking. I could have sworn it was called Star Hawk, Space Hawk or something like that, but I can't find any thing on google.

Can anyone help a brotha out here? I've been trying to find it off an on for years. Thanks!

This sounds like what you're looking for...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    This sounds like what you're looking for...

That's it! Thank you! Man, I've been trying to figure that out for years. Now to try to find copies. Thanks again!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

He actually made a comeback in the DnA Nova series in issues 29-30.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 05-01-2017 at 09:57 AM.

I saw that after running a google search. I'm not really up on much of the modern stuff. I'm hopelessly stuck in the past. Anything from the mid-90s on is new to me. I recently read some Punisher MAX stuff that I've seen people ranting about, some Ultimate Spider-Man and a few other modern things, but they've left me cold. I'm actually afraid to see what they've done to Doctor Strange.

As far as leg cling tropes go, that's got to be one of the worst I've ever seen.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)