View Poll Results: Will you buy a new FF book?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 34.07%
  • No

19 20.88%
  • Depends of the creative team

41 45.05%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Love the FF.
    Would love to buy a FF book.
    BUT it really will depend on the creative team.
    Also it will have to have Reed, Ben, Sue and Johnny.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    I would love to say "Hey, sure no matter what" but Bleeding Cool is saying Bendis might be writing it and as soon as I saw that, I was.. 'ugh' and I realize it really does depend on the creative team. Sorry, I've learned my limits. There's no character I love so much that the 'wrong' (obviously opinions will vary on that) writer or artist can't drive me away.

Now Ewing on the FF would be fantastic
    Bendis is the last person I would put on and FF book. The man just does not have the vision or imagination a book like FF needs. The FF should be about adventure and crazy sci-fi things and Bendis is garbage at writing things like that.

Niffleheim

I'd be "morbidly" curious if Bendis were to write it but otherwise no i wouldn't go out actively seeking to shell out my money on Reed If Bendis writes the book as wretched as any Real Housewives reunion i'll be open to following his story

However if the first cover for the first issue is Namor and Susan marrying then i'm getting the whole run lmao!
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-01-2017 at 02:28 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

As I said in another thread, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a "street level" approach to the FF, if only because that solves the problem the series often has of being dominated by Reed. The FF is about wild imagination but it's also about superheroes doing banal stuff like dealing with landlords and answering the mail, and I sometimes find it's too focused on super-science for my personal taste. Obviously I wouldn't want it to be like that all the time, but they don't always have to be exploring new worlds.

Would Bendis be good at that? I'm less sure. I think he could give a good pitch, and maybe even a good first issue, but he'd soon wind up spinning his wheels. Still, speaking for myself, I would probably be more eager to buy a new FF if it stayed in New York for a while. I don't think I'm typical of the public, though.

Fantastic Member

I have always wanted to see Dan Slott get a crack at the Fantastic Four. If they do come back the writer might be Jason Aaron though.

Extraordinary Member

If Dan Slott put half the imagination and the fun he put in an F4 title as he does Silver Surfer that would be great. That said, my absolute favorite version of the character is the one from the old '60s cartoon. Pretty much every comic book version I've attempted reading since has paled in comparison, imho. IDK, it just seemed that the book truly thrived during the space race and the level of imagination in those stories that were lifted directly from the books back in the day has yet to be matched. I think if you just maybe give a new book featuring the team as much of a '60s/space race/atomic age kind of feel as possible (possibly giving art chores to someone like Mike Allred or Phil Noto) you might strike gold.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I would buy the heck out of it.

I would totally love to see Slott get his shot on the FF
    Then again, I loved his "I'm with Stupid" mini series with Spider-Man and the Human Torch
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

iMan 42s

If it was Bendis on the book I would be only somewhat concerned as he does a perfectly fine Doctor Doom. The guy is capable of writing a major Fantastic Four character so given that I'll give him the chance, that being said it is not the same thing as actually writing the Fantastic Four.

What I will say is that the premise has to impress me as I think regardless I'll give it a shot. Plenty of books I give a fair chance and the Fantastic Four would be no different, but it really needs a team to tell something fun. Whatever misgivings I have with a book can be swept under the rug so long as it's enjoyable.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    If it was Bendis on the book I would be only somewhat concerned as he does a perfectly fine Doctor Doom. The guy is capable of writing a major Fantastic Four character so given that I'll give him the chance, that being said it is not the same thing as actually writing the Fantastic Four.

What I will say is that the premise has to impress me as I think regardless I'll give it a shot. Plenty of books I give a fair chance and the Fantastic Four would be no different, but it really needs a team to tell something fun. Whatever misgivings I have with a book can be swept under the rug so long as it's enjoyable.
    Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bendis' the one who had Doom calling then Ms. Marvel Carol Danvers a cow and a wh*re? I guess his grip on the character has improved since then but at the time I was going 'WTH?'
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bendis' the one who had Doom calling then Ms. Marvel Carol Danvers a cow and a wh*re? I guess his grip on the character has improved since then but at the time I was going 'WTH?'
    Bendis either cannot or will not write traditional hammy un-ironic villain dialogue. That was his attempt to find a new spin on Doom's villain monologues, and it turned out badly (just like his attempt, in the same series, to put a "modern" spin on thought balloons).

Mighty Avengers 11.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Bendis either cannot or will not write traditional hammy un-ironic villain dialogue. That was his attempt to find a new spin on Doom's villain monologues, and it turned out badly (just like his attempt, in the same series, to put a "modern" spin on thought balloons).

Mighty Avengers 11.jpg

THat's the one.

Yup. Pass on FF if Bendis is writing it.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'll buy it if Doom and Reed both die in the first issue and the rest of the team is revamped around widowed Sue and three new members.

I've never been a FF fan. I like their villains and the concepts they've introduced (Wakanda and the Panther, Negative Zone, Skrulls etc) more than the actual team. Except Sue, I love Sue.

That said, I'd be willing to check out the first issue depending on the creative team. I love cosmic stuff and I like family dynamics. I adore Black Science and Ultimates for example, but for whatever reason the FF have never clicked with me.

So I'd be willing to give them a chance, but I dunno how far I'd get with them.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I voted depends. If it features Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben, as well as their kids and the Future Foundation back in the Baxter Building going on space adventures and it has a writer that knows how to write them correctly, then yes. If not, then I would rather they kept them in limbo.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor