Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Insane people are not fully charged for their crimes. There are serial killers that don't get capitol punishment due to them being regarded as not having clear perception of right from wrong.
    Living or dead they still get permanently removed from society.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

They really need to start giving the Joker karmic (but ambiguous) "deaths" at the end of his stories again, like they did in the Golden Age and Bronze ages. Situations where it'd be difficult for him to survive, but since there is no body, nobody knows for sure. And he'd doubtless still receive some injuries it'd take a while to recover from.

Space the stories out, provide more cleverness in his schemes that don't require massive body counts even if he's still a killer, and "kill" him at the end of some of his appearances instead of sending him to Arkham, and 99% of the problems with this topic vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    They really need to start giving the Joker karmic (but ambiguous) "deaths" at the end of his stories again, like they did in the Golden Age and Bronze ages. Situations where it'd be difficult for him to survive, but since there is no body, nobody knows for sure. And he'd doubtless still receive some injuries it'd take a while to recover from.

Space the stories out, provide more cleverness in his schemes that don't require massive body counts even if he's still a killer, and "kill" him at the end of some of his appearances instead of sending him to Arkham, and 99% of the problems with this topic vanish.
    He should be trapped in the never ending loop when every battle with Batman ends with failling in an industrial chimney and he shall be trapped there for like 5 years, that way someone can retool him into somethig less exagerated....eh who i am kidding comic book writers don't put that amount of effort anymore.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Or you approach every relaunch like a TV season. This season Alfred dies (not a fan of Alfred dying), Joker dies, etc.
    Next season/relaunch/reboot bring Joker back. In the meantime he appears in elseworlds anyway and there's back issues.
    We could avoid stuff like Joker War

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Or you approach every relaunch like a TV season. This season Alfred dies (not a fan of Alfred dying), Joker dies, etc.
    Next season/relaunch/reboot bring Joker back. In the meantime he appears in elseworlds anyway and there's back issues.
    We could avoid stuff like Joker War
    The Golden Age actually was fond of going "ok this year it's Universe 547 where Bruce is actually a govt spy" or equally continuity ignoring nonsense and just running with it.

BANNED

This is fiction of superhero vs supervillain. Batman is just more grounded but still fiction. The idea that a criminal could cause city level mass chaos or take over a city with his goons are simply not grounded in reality. In real life you have surveillance system, intelligence agency that infiltrates into every group/organization and the military.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Still like the versions of Batman with their no killing policy intact more but theese days Batman doesn't even need to kill.

He can just step aside for Jason and Damian and say "If you would, please"

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Still like the versions of Batman with their no killing policy intact more but theese days Batman doesn't even need to kill.

He can just step aside for Jason and Damian and say "If you would, please"
    Which makes it a bit pointless. It's still on you if you choose to leave an enemy to their death.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Which makes it a bit pointless. It's still on you if you choose to leave an enemy to their death.
    I believe that there is a comics where Batman was fine with other person killing their attacker for self defense. I come to think that Batman doesn't want to kill mostly to preserve his own morals.

He doesn't have to kill them. He's just not going to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    He doesn't have to kill them. He's just not going to save them.
    There's a fine line between "not saving" people and a Buddhist execution. IE, if you're the reason they NEED saving, then you're responsible for their death even if you don't kill them yourself.

For context, the Buddhist thing was to tie someone and kick them into water where they'd drown. "I didn't kill him, the water did." Yeah whatever....

Astonishing Member

There's a fine line between "not saving" people and a Buddhist execution. IE, if you're the reason they NEED saving, then you're responsible for their death even if you don't kill them yourself.

For context, the Buddhist thing was to tie someone and kick them into water where they'd drown. "I didn't kill him, the water did." Yeah whatever....
    I saw a comic where two characters fought and one of them ended up on the verge of falling off a build. The other character said I'm not going to kill him, but I'm not going to save him either.

I couldn't help but wonder: "He ended up in such a deadly situation as a result of their fight, how is this considered to be "not killing him"?"
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-09-2020 at 10:22 PM.