Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

I would be seriously disappointed if Mirror Master never appears in any of the new movies. He was technically Barry Allen's original archenemy, even before Eobard Thawne and having him would help break the trope of the villain having the same powers as the hero. He's just an interesting character too.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZolomonZoom View Post
    I would be seriously disappointed if Mirror Master never appears in any of the new movies. He was technically Barry Allen's original archenemy, even before Eobard Thawne and having him would help break the trope of the villain having the same powers as the hero. He's just an interesting character too.
    I think he's set to for the Flash movie. Which will definitely happen if they're satisfied enough with JL.

A speedster from the future has killed every hero in his timeline and then decides to use the cosmic treadmill to go back in time and kill his "idol" Barry Allen aka The Flash, meanwhile Weather Wizard is creating natural disasters to distract The Flash from his robberies, meanwhile The Trickster has escape from jail and is planning to play some tricks on some policemen who played mean tricks (tasing and beating him) on him while he was in jail, meanwhile Barry is getting married to Iris can he make it on time?

For me it would have the energy of Scott pilgrim versus the world but in a superhero/DC format. Fun, energetic, frantic and very modern

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    The period piece approach would be very interesting.

Side-note, Mirror Master needs to have the coolest visual effects. Make him hurt people by appearing in the mirror and attacking their reflection, show him teleporting in between mirror worlds, give him the best illusions and make the audience constantly surprised when Flash runs into what looks like an open road and instead smashes a bunch of glass.

Now that I think about it, I wanted to make a stand-alone Rogues movie heavily influenced by Geoff Johns. It would be a film focusing on their family trauma and flashing back to the origins while on a mission to rescue Captain Cold's dad. I'd have the film open with flashbacks of Captain Cold and his sister living with an abusive father. Nothing too graphic but definitely some suggestion there. It then artistically transitions to them pulling a bankjob with absolute precision. Then they go back to their hideout and their personalities shine through as they play cards, mirror master sneaks off to do a line, they interact and tell their stories. The hideout should be a stable recurring location where they just reflect and interact. The antagonists would probably be Jesse James and Piper, reformed Rogues. Maybe the Top is involved as the key villain. And in the end Captain Cold finds his dad and kills him.
    I love this premise, except for the part about Jesse and Hartley as the antagonists. Maybe Rogue War and Rogues' Revenge left a bad taste in my mouth, but I don't want to see Jesse and Hartley as anyone's antagonists anymore. The exception would be a Flash film where the two of them do a heel turn and become allies of the Flash.

Cold against his dad would be preferable. One of my favorite episodes of the series is when we see Cold help his father with a crime to save his sister.

And yes, NO MORE FLASHPOINT. Stop shoving it down our throats, DC!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I love this premise, except for the part about Jesse and Hartley as the antagonists. Maybe Rogue War and Rogues' Revenge left a bad taste in my mouth, but I don't want to see Jesse and Hartley as anyone's antagonists anymore. The exception would be a Flash film where the two of them do a heel turn and become allies of the Flash.

Cold against his dad would be preferable. One of my favorite episodes of the series is when we see Cold help his father with a crime to save his sister.

And yes, NO MORE FLASHPOINT. Stop shoving it down our throats, DC!
    Well they wouldn't be "traditional" antagonists, you know. They'd actually be the good guys of the film. And Jesse might turn back in the end. Thanks though!