Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Cass Cain vs. Ashi (Potential Samurai Jack Spoilers)

Who would win in a fight Cass Cain or Ashi from Samurai Jack?

Also who is a worst parent, David Cain or the High Priestess of Aku?

Astonishing Member

I'd say Ashi takes this.

As does the High Priestess. Horrible as he was, Cain had some affection for Cass at least.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I'd say Ashi takes this.

As does the High Priestess. Horrible as he was, Cain had some affection for Cass at least.
    Cain at least expressed ambivalent emotions of remorse and guilt towards Cass' horrific upbringing by his hands. Ashi's mother was self-righteous to the end.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

david cain had some redeem qualities.

ashi's mother was just pure bitch from the jump.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    david cain had some redeem qualities.

ashi's mother was just pure bitch from the jump.
    the woman gave birth to seven children and then got up and acted like it was nothing (in nearly every sense of those words!)

yeah, she's the worse parent of the two.
    "are you weak?!?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Who would win in a fight Cass Cain or Ashi from Samurai Jack?

Also who is a worst parent, David Cain or the High Priestess of Aku?
    Ashi has pretty much shown she's at or near Jack's level. So, unless Cass has been taking lessons from Val Armorr lately...

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    Ashi has pretty much shown she's at or near Jack's level. So, unless Cass has been taking lessons from Val Armorr lately...
    She not his level since it's been shown that Jack can take her one-on-one.

But there's no shame in that considering he's pretty much superhuman (his 'jump good' training consisted of having a spherical boulder roughly as tall as he is tied to his back and by the end of the training he was skipping with it on his back and can block machine gun fire with his sword) AND has over 50 years real world experience fighting a wide array of opponents compared to her. Saying she's bad because she's not on Jack's level is kind of like saying "Batman's terrible because he's not on Val Armorr's level in a straight-up fight".
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Ashi is nowhere close to Jack. One of Jack's first feats is soloing an army of beetle drones, which eclipses Ashi's feat in that the beetle drones were specifically designed for combat and made of metal. Even given lesser numbers, I have no problem stating that the beetle drone army was tougher than the "orcs" Ashi massacred. Add to that 50 years of non-stop combat experience and its not hard to see how Jack beat the Daughters of Aku. Ashi's feat is impressive in the sheer number of mooks she destroys, but Jack is still ahead.

As an aside, this does give a perspective on the combat potential of the Daughters of Aku (as a unit). Given the full set of 7 were more or less a match for Jack (and only started to decrease in effectiveness once Jack managed to reduce their numbers), and each one is an army soloer. The combat potential of the full set is terrifying.

"Batman's terrible because he's not on Val Armorr's level in a straight-up fight".
    The gulf between Ashi and Jack is nowhere close to that of Batman and Val Armorr.
    Last edited by Twickster; 05-03-2017 at 02:15 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Ashi has pretty much shown she's at or near Jack's level.
    Adding my voice to the choir.

Jack took the Daughters of Aku, including Ashi, to pieces by himself in short order.

She isn't close to his level. She's mad strong but not a real threat to Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Adding my voice to the choir.

Jack took the Daughters of Aku, including Ashi, to pieces by himself in short order.

She isn't close to his level. She's mad strong but not a real threat to Jack.
    Being a vague, if not serious threat to Jack is still way outside Cassie's paygrade.

Also, I seem to remember the sisters together nearly killed Jack with him just eeking out a victory.

Being a vague, if not serious threat to Jack is still way outside Cassie's paygrade.

Also, I seem to remember the sisters together nearly killed Jack with him just eeking out a victory.
    only after jack nearly got killed and then got his shit together. at least as best as he could at the time.

That was the first round when they had the element of surprise.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TG8JfkCAbk&t=5s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxabQ3CBYiY&t=1s

In the second round, after Jack rested up, he slaughtered them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXXmhQ0GVhc&t=3s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr8V27tmBSE&t=3s

Then, when it was down to just Ashi, this happened.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaMjzGrIgJM&t=2s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYWWhuJUjrw
    Ashi was not remotely a threat to Jack on her own.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Yeah, gonna agree. Once Jack accepted the fact he'd be killing actual human beings and was ready for them unlike their first encounter, they never stood a chance.

And even though Ashi is considered the best of all the daughters, she really couldn't hold a candle against him.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    only after jack nearly got killed and then got his shit together. at least as best as he could at the time.
    It was one of the sisters that almost killed him by stabbing him in the gut with a dagger (and he returned the favor by cutting her throat). He then fell in a freezing cold river nearly naked, floated for a while, stumbled out, wandered into a cave, and met the wolf living there before finally patching himself up.

Then he hung out with therapy wolf, remembered wise words from his dad, slapped his cheeks, and basically schooled the sisters 1-on-6.

Of course, that's not a knock on Ashi, who can defeat an army single-handed lay AND throw an arrow bare-handed with more force than a modern composite bow. Jack is just that much better.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    It was one of the sisters that almost killed him by stabbing him in the gut with a dagger (and he returned the favor by cutting her throat). He then fell in a freezing cold river nearly naked, floated for a while, stumbled out, wandered into a cave, and met the wolf living there before finally patching himself up.

Then he hung out with therapy wolf, remembered wise words from his dad, slapped his cheeks, and basically schooled the sisters 1-on-6.

Of course, that's not a knock on Ashi, who can defeat an army single-handed lay AND throw an arrow bare-handed with more force than a modern composite bow. Jack is just that much better.
    not arguing it. just pointing it out.