Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Roma herself stated that Ororo's bloodline is even over than she, Roma, is. Also, regarding Ororo's powers, she potentially wields limitless/infinite power according to canon. This is referring to her mutant powers alone. Her mutant powers grant her the ability to perceive the universe, be it stars, planets, or even empty space, as patterns of energy and forces she can bend to her will. On top of this, her powers are limited only by the strength of her will and body. Her willpower has no upper limits and she will one day transcend the limitations of her human body IF she wishes to access the full potential of her mutant abilities. So, even without her mystical powers, she's still pretty unstoppable.
    She may be unstoppable, but so is the Juggernaut and he also serves a God.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    She may be unstoppable, but so is the Juggernaut and he also serves a God.
    What I am saying is Storm is far from the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to wielding the power of a "god" or "goddess".

That said, which God does Juggernaut serve? He's a career criminal, so he's obviously not serving the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I doubt he serves Allah, too, and he doesn't strike me as a Buddist or Hindu.

What I am saying is Storm is far from the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to wielding the power of a "god" or "goddess".

That said, which God does Juggernaut serve? He's a career criminal, so he's obviously not serving the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I doubt he serves Allah, too, and he doesn't strike me as a Buddist or Hindu.
    He serves the god of destruction, Cyttorak.

crimsoncosmos03.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    He serves the god of destruction, Cyttorak.

crimsoncosmos03.jpg
    Oh, I forgot about that, lol!

Cyttorak appears to have some connection to Korea. There must have been previous Juggernauts in the area.

We're still searching for that interview from Len Wein and/or Dave Cockrum in which they said they originally conceived Storm to be several thousand years old.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...474637eb02.jpg
    http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/Thor/Thor_Storm_1.jpg
    http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/Thor/Thor_Storm_2.jpg
    http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/Thor/Thor_Storm_3.jpg
    https://arousinggrammar.com/2014/02/19/thor-vs-storm/

Hehe, those are kinda interesting. If Storm was super-tough and strong like Thor, he'd almost certainly lose a real fight. As is, he'd lose a contest of weather manipulation.

Most people with super powers could be considered gods to some.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Just jumping in to say that Allah is a title akin to the English "Lord" and refers to the God of Abraham.

No she was a fraud

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    We're still searching for that interview from Len Wein and/or Dave Cockrum in which they said they originally conceived Storm to be several thousand years old.
    Was this before or after Uncanny X-Men #102?

BANNED

At a point in time yes Storm was a Goddess and believed she was as well, but her time with the X-Men she started to realized she is no God, but human. However, many other Heroes keep referencing and asking and second guessing themselves is Storm an actual Goddess. Which is fair because when you look back at ALL of Storms greatest feats it's understandable as to why some Heroes may think she is a Goddess.

Anyway, to answer the ORIGINAL question from the OP: What makes a God/Goddess is worthyness, power, the people , the influence. No Storm is NO Goddess, but she has all the qualities that makes her a God.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 05-03-2017 at 08:57 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Well Claremont made her older than the O5 and rest of the ANAD (bar Logan and Sean) at least.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Isn't there a God equivalent in Marvel, "The One Above All" (which is like Stan Lee's face?) and I think Jack Kirby's face is another like super cosmic or something. So those are the closest equivalents to monotheistic real-world religion version of God. (Or Goddess). If you're a Hindu or something pantheistic and have multiple deities, Marvel equivalents to that are just the Cosmic Entities generally I would suppose, like Order, Chaos, Galactus, Phoenix, Living Tribunal, etc. (Possibly retcons destroyed all this mythos I don't read or follow Marvel comics outside X-Men too much)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Well Claremont made her older than the O5 and rest of the ANAD (bar Logan and Sean) at least.
    Storm is in her mid-20s (Uncanny 159).