Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Deathstroke #18 preview and discussion

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/05/01/e...athstroke-18/1

spoilers:
    That Slade-Joey fight should be fun, Joey's gonna have to confront his own misdeeds and bad side and I think that might break him a bit. I hope we get some answers about who Etienne is working for, before they kill her off (assuming there isn't more to that, like faking her death for some reason). I still think if anyone killed her, it's zombie!Isherwood, which will force Joey to confront what he did. And Slade saw that picture on Joey's phone, so if he didn't know about Joey/Isherwood before, he does now, I'm sure that'll come up in the fight/conversation between those two. Hi Matthew, I love the guy, he's always fun and unpredictable, I wonder what he wants with Rose.
    end of spoilers

Thanks for the preview

Looks good and isn't she working for Slade's ex-wife?

spoilers:
    Whoa! Waller was the one who sent Ettienne to spy on Jericho?!?
    end of spoilers

Wasn't expecting that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    spoilers:
    Whoa! Waller was the one who sent Ettienne to spy on Jericho?!?
    end of spoilers

Wasn't expecting that.
    I was reading too quickly and that flew over my head, but yeah. spoilers:
    Seems like Etienne is working for Waller, good to know. Didn't expect it, even if it's not surprising.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Looks good and isn't she working for Slade's ex-wife?
    Nah, Slade said Adeline would never hurt Joey like that by having someone sleep with him to spy on him, so Etienne works for someone else, now we know who.

Spectacular Member

Oh Joey, he needs to face his own demons and what he's done, he's projecting a lot of it onto Slade. Still think zombie!Isherwood killed Etienne. Interesting that Amanda had Etienne spy on Slade, are we gonna get a crossover with Suicide Squad at some point? Poor Rose, ouch at the end there. Billy remains the best, but even he has his limits when it comes to Slade. When and how is Slade going to get his vision back?

this was a wonderful issue and its so easy to see why deathstroke was nominated for an eisner this year.

i hope this leads jericho back to the titans somehow. having him back with dick, donna, and the rest would be really special and show how he has grown as a character

Spectacular Member Fearless Heart's Avatar

This issue threw a lot of curve balls at me, and I loved it! I should have seen everything coming, but I was just so engrossed in the story that I didn't want to think ahead!

I guess Deathstroke is my favorite comic book character as of right now. Never thought I would have said that!

BANNED

Well that happened.

Holy crikey. Was not ecpecting alot of things. Though

spoilers:
    I am bummed a crossover is coming next. I wanna see how what happens here plays out more
    end of spoilers.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

This was good, like usual. I expect nothing less at this point. Jericho though is gonna need to face himself at some point. Slade's a bastard, no doubt, but Jericho has made some poor choices himself that he should be held responsible for. Hope Rose is part of the Titans crossover. Ive really like what Priest has done with her, and I want to see her interact with Nightwing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-03-2017 at 01:49 PM.

No one interesting invited to the wedding, I guess not much history has been restored in Jericho's regard.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    No one interesting invited to the wedding, I guess not much history has been restored in Jericho's regard.
    His Wolfman-era costume was shown in a flashback to Adeline dressing him up for his Titans early days, so I expect we'll learn more in the crossover. That said, it definitely doesn't seem like if he was friends with the Titans back in the day, he's still got anything to do with them really. His life definitely went in a different direction.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Lightbulb

Another great issue.

Would've like to see a full picture of the revived Dr. Ikon since he looks a bit Grundy-ish in the face

I am wondering if after the Lazarus Contract, if Slade did actually form a superhero team or if he just has superheroes on his team and it's really a gov't formed group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy_b View Post
    Oh Joey, he needs to face his own demons and what he's done, he's projecting a lot of it onto Slade. Still think zombie!Isherwood killed Etienne. Interesting that Amanda had Etienne spy on Slade, are we gonna get a crossover with Suicide Squad at some point? Poor Rose, ouch at the end there. Billy remains the best, but even he has his limits when it comes to Slade. When and how is Slade going to get his vision back?
    Idk, but I think Titans showed Slade using binoculars, so either he randomly has his vision back, the binoculars are technology based like the glasses Tanya made, or continuinty is being ignored.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 05-04-2017 at 10:13 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer