Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite Spider-Character

Title says it all. Post a pic of your fave Spider-character, their name, and tell us why you like them. (includes supporting cast members and spin offs, such as Mary Jane or Symbiotes)

Er, aside from Spider-Man?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Superior Spider-Man. That character was fresh. The villianous attitude and egotism of Doc with Parker in the backseat. It was truly it's own character.
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

BANNED

Ben Reilly, Kraven, classic Felicia.

Outside of Peter himself, I'm partial to Mayday and Miguel

Oh and Mary Jane
    Last edited by The Kid; 05-02-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Spider Boy. Sure, I'm perhaps the only one, but he was my favorite thing about Amalgam (aside from Dr. Strangefate and his little secret). Love his 'Legionnaire' friends, as well. I'd seriously support a book (not gonna happen).

10-11-2012 3;56;11 PM.jpg
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Apart from Peter Parker, Mary Jane.

Hands down mine is the Amazing Spider-Man.

Cool

A very tough question. Other than Pete, I'll be with J Jonah Jameson for the win. He is simply put the best foil ever. It makes me sad he has been all but forgotten in the new status quo.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-03-2017 at 08:25 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

5) JJJ
    4) the little goblin beanie baby normie hauled around
    2 & 3) Gwen / MJ
    1) the glider that harpooned Norman

Spectacular Member

Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider is not only my favorite spider character, but one of my favorite comic characters ever.

Second favorite is Kaine/Scarlet Spider.

I just find the clones more interesting than Peter, who I lost interest in years ago.

Third is Eddie Brock/Venom.

That would be Flash Thompson/Agent Venom. You don't normally get football references in comics outside of Southern Bastards. Love the character arc, how he's changed since high school, and his relationship with the symbiote.

My favorites characters are — to no surprise of any regular here Scarlet Spider (Kaine) and his friend & ward Hummingbird (Aracely Penalba).

In one of his reflections in Twitter on the Scarlet Spider Houston series, Chris Yost said he wanted to give Kaine something Peter Parker never really had: a partner. I think he succeeded admirably in that regard.

However, I like them both individually as well as a duo; and that includes everything about them! Their humor, powers, emotional dimensions, etc.

I love the complexities of what Kaine's clone origin entail: how his defects & distorted memories and mind influenced him as opposed to Ben Reilly and Spider-man; the absence of past and the clear knowledge of it. But I also love how he started to overcome all that and his guilt over his actions to do good and find a family of sorts. And his ridiculously confrontational personality that lead to all sorts of great scenes

I'm intrigued by Aracely's strange mysteries and the possibility of exploring them: her weird powers, the connection to the ancient Aztec gods, her "blank canvas" past, what exactly is she. But I also enjoy her energetic disposition, sunny attitude and her capacity to annoy other people due her lightheartedness, unabashed honesty and stubbornness (she and Kaine are really stubborn, each in the own way). And also, her uncompromising loyalty to her friend.

And the banter or humorous exchanges when they are together is simply... exquisite or ... something else . I would literally read a novel that is nothing but that.

P.D. Also, I think Kaine's & Aracely's abilities can lend themselves to great visuals - specially if Kaine regains the Other and we delve a bit more in Aztec imagery.
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 05-04-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Spider Boy. Sure, I'm perhaps the only one, but he was my favorite thing about Amalgam (aside from Dr. Strangefate and his little secret). Love his 'Legionnaire' friends, as well. I'd seriously support a book (not gonna happen).

10-11-2012 3;56;11 PM.jpg
    YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!

REVIVE AMALGAM!!!!

-Pav, who was stoked when Strangefate was able to maintain his universe in that final? mini...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Peter and Mary.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."