Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mutants are being Deported

IMG_8446.JPG
    Cover to Champions #10 confirms it's happening. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    IMG_8446.JPG
    Cover to Champions #10 confirms it's happening. Thoughts?
    I think it's going to generate the kinds of inane, overly-political discussions that ruin friendships, message boards, and everything in between.

But seriously, though, I think it's a wholly relevant issue and it's one that shouldn't be ignored. The Champions are full of young, idealistic heroes that want to make a difference. They're learning the hard way that the world is so much more complicated than they ever could've thought. It has made for some great moments and genuine drama along the way. While I know this book is going to divide a number of people on its political overtones, I still think it's a solid book that deals with real issues.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Who read Champions anyway?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think it's going to generate the kinds of inane, overly-political discussions that ruin friendships, message boards, and everything in between.

But seriously, though, I think it's a wholly relevant issue and it's one that shouldn't be ignored. The Champions are full of young, idealistic heroes that want to make a difference. They're learning the hard way that the world is so much more complicated than they ever could've thought. It has made for some great moments and genuine drama along the way. While I know this book is going to divide a number of people on its political overtones, I still think it's a solid book that deals with real issues.
    I really like the deportation angle. It's relevant to today and it gives mutants something to unite and rally against that isn't as dire as the potential annihilation of their species but does address real world prejudice and the political targeting of minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I do.
    10char

Who says the deported thing is being explored in Champions anyway? That's mentioned on that cover because it's the reason Cyclops is absent. I think it's actually X-Men Gold and X-Men Blue that'll be exploring this issue. Blue team is based in Madripoor, so HydraCap probably locked them out of the US. Gold #2 has already mentioned mutant deportation, so it's almost certainly going to be explored in that series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Who says the deported thing is being explored in Champions anyway? That's mentioned on that cover because it's the reason Cyclops is absent. I think it's actually X-Men Gold and X-Men Blue that'll be exploring this issue. Blue team is based in Madripoor, so HydraCap probably locked them out of the US. Gold #2 has already mentioned mutant deportation, so it's almost certainly going to be explored in that series as well.
    Yeah, don't mutants all get shipped somewhere for SE?

I do!

Who doesn't love waid writing teenagers?

BANNED

Another metaphorical mis-fire.

Can you even, technically, "deport" natural born citizens?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post

No, you can not. The Holocaust never happened!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    No, you can not. The Holocaust never happened!
    Not sure what you're trying to imply. I simply think using words appropriately is important.

Making US citizens leave their country (for something such as mutant status) would be something slightly worse than deportation, IMO.

That is called exile. (And I don't mean Blink and company). Exile a natural born citizen seen a lot like unconstitutional(in several countries) and is most commonly an instrument of dictatorships. Any civil rights organization could see the danger than a goverment choose to exile arbitrarily any citizen because that would set a precedent and any citizen group would be endangered. One thing is to expulse an inmigrant (illegal or not) and another totally differentis exile a native born citizen.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

When has logic ever stopped anything Marvel has done with the X-comics the past decade?

Used to but dropped it after the Gwenpool issue when it became apparent that there wasn't going to be any kinds of real superheroing going on and the cast just felt like interchangeable mouthpieces for Waid to spout political statements from no matter who was talking.

BANNED

Not sure what you're trying to imply. I simply think using words appropriately is important.

Making US citizens leave their country (for something such as mutant status) would be something slightly worse than deportation, IMO.
    You act as if stripping people of their citizenship is somehow impossible in an authoritarian state without checks and balances. Which is what Hydra Cap's America is.