Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Byrne faked us out a couple of times
    Good points, Montressor. Also, Byrne faked himself out once, having his Superman remember the Superboy from Earth Prime when he met the Superboy from the Pocket Universe. Then it became a sort of editorial mandate later that that memory didn't happen.

How many years I thought, naively, that it would all be cleaned up one day…*now I still don't know what was in continuity in the New 52 reality, which is already gone!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rikdad View Post
    Good points, Montressor. Also, Byrne faked himself out once, having his Superman remember the Superboy from Earth Prime when he met the Superboy from the Pocket Universe. Then it became a sort of editorial mandate later that that memory didn't happen.

How many years I thought, naively, that it would all be cleaned up one day…*now I still don't know what was in continuity in the New 52 reality, which is already gone!
    Byrne also referred to Chemo's attack on the New York Harbor of Earth-Four during the Crisis, but Earth-Four was already deleted from existence by that time. Byrne even explicitly acknowledged in the narration box that Earth-Four's universe no longer existed, and yet in explaining Chemo's appearance on Post-COIE Earth, he explicitly portrayed Chemo's final sighting in the Pre-COIE continuity.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Since we learned from Roger Rabbit that toons can only be destroyed by THE DIP, it follows logically that a certain fox and a certain crow survived when all else was destroyed. That's the way I see it. Is there any proof? :-)

Fantastic Member

re: Hal and Crisis, I just found something that had been gnawing at the back of my memory.

In Superman Beyond #1, there's a one-panel "summary" of COIE, and it shows superheroes battling the Shadow Demons, and one of the superheroes is Hal Jordan.

Take that how you want –*an error by Morrison/Mahnke, or a retcon that put Hal into COIE… or a single non-binding panel two reboots ago.