Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I see that you don't know that much of Storm and how less collateral damage she has done with her powers.
    Tell that to Xavier's living room.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Tell that to Xavier's living room.
    Or how about you go read instance we're Storm creates a massive Storm in the mids of people to destroy a Sentinel and NOBODY got hurt :-)
    Or the time when Storm created a F5 tornado in a room that didn't destroy the entire building.
    Or the time she erased the memory inside the camera amongst a large group of people and without causing attention or needing a massive tornado.

So now I see you don't know that much of the character.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 05-03-2017 at 11:01 AM.

it's really upsetting to see so many potential relationships and combinations put down just to elevate storm. she doesn't even need it anyway.

and playing off the nostalgia aspect, amara has her own ties and adventures with the 1980s team, enough for guggenheim to play off of.

maybe if storm could get away from her feat-chasers long enough to create some new memories and scenes, you would see what an awesome elemental combo she would make with magma

BANNED

I think it's sorta gross that Storm's fanbase seemingly just want her to be Cyclops.

BANNED

Haters gonna hate.

BANNED

You should realize Storm's gotten upgrade. She went from Cyclops to Xavier. She should shave her head to celebrate.

Extraordinary Member

Have they been playing up the Kitty/Rachel friendship?

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

It's weird seeing people claim Storm can do things because of scientific reasons, and then posts later say she can do things despite science - or because of "comics science".

Ditto when they denounce the existence of unintended consequences because we don't see them on panel, when we know a big over-arching theme of the Marvel Universe is how civilians live in the shadows of the superpowered and cope/react to it daily. (We get MRA, SHRA, the Frontline series, the whole mutant metaphor, etc. with regularity because of it.) Additionally, it betrays a vast amount of ignorance regarding meteorology, and earth science in general.

Further, it's strange that a given dedicated fan can go on and on at length about why a character is capable of everything good and powerful, but 40+ years of publication history - that's canon - says otherwise. You can't pick and choose her history or capabilities based on preferences. She does have her butt handed to her regularly, and when she does claim great victory, it's generally without the use of her "endless" powers. That's why Storm has value as a character.

How can you be such an ardent fan of a character, but know and/or accept so little about them? How can you - the royal you - not get a character you champion? One wonders.

I think this was the first time since started reading Gold and Ressurection that felt I was actually reading an X-Men Comic.

It was not an impressive issue and the ending was predictable but felt that feeling that I had not felt for a long time reading a mutant comic when Kitty said we are the X-mens.

And you better not mess with us .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Kinda, they barely talk about personal things. Kitty got defensive because Rachel asked about Colossus

Extraordinary Member

People are gonna be mad at me, but I feel that Bendis was better at playing up the 80s nostalgia. Particularly the issue where Magik and Kitty rescued a little mutant from Monster Island. The focus on just 2 characters having their own adventure and the way the friendship was portrayed was straight out of a classic Claremont story, but there was an acknowledgement of how the characters had changed over the years.

BANNED

With all my complaints about this book, I do think the deportation story and the mean white lady bad mouthing mutants are an interesting take on the mutant metaphor. I definitely prefer this to the endangered species stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    No. I suspect Guggenhiem's afraid to go there after the heavy lesbian undertones were pointed out to him on Twitter.

BANNED

God this was such a bad issue and it should be telling that the opening storyline was only 3 issues. Marvel almost NEVER only has 3 issues for an opening story.

Kitty's rambling and vague threats are going to come back and bite her. I bet Lydia taped that whole exchange (as well as Kitty's first speech in issue 1) and will piece it together for her own benefit.

It was as other have said a predictable and passable issue and so far has been a passable series.

Kitty & the Xmen doesn't work. We don't need someone telling us what another team member is doing instead of them just doing it. Everyone besides Kitty has the most basic dialogue. The pacing is so off and it's just ugh....IvX was honestly better written. There I've said it. Now I need a shower