Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 279
  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member AcesX1X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,753

    Default

    rachel's had some pretty good moments during the last 3 issues lets not be dramatic for drama's sake

  2. #32
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    this is not the storm show, this is the x-men
    Did I say it was the Storm show? I was simply disagreeing with your claim that the team needs more firepower. As a Storm fan, I do want to see some feats from her (as do other fans of other characters). However, all she's been written as doing over the last couple of years is shooting lightning when her powers can do so much more and can be employed in a myriad ways creatively. The more characters like Magma are on the team, the less Storm will do. That's not fun nor fair to Ororo's fanbase. I think teams should be stacked in a constructive way so that everybody's power has a unique niche to fill and thus can all shine in their own way. Storm doesn't need to be on the team with other elementals (or even too many energy wielders, for that matter). Put her on a small team with characters with contrasting powers like Colossus, Kurt, Kitty, Logan, Gambit (he's an energy wielder, but doesn't really clash with her powers), Sage, Warpath, Longshot, Emma, etc. On such a team, every member, not just Ororo, gets to shine in their own way and don't have to have their powers scaled back to make the powersets of other teammates relevant.

    Magma, on the other hand, works well with other elementals and energy wielders since her powers are not as all-encompassing as Ororo's elementally. Magma would work well with people like Iceman, Polaris, and Rachel's as well as the same kinds of characters that go well with Ororo's powers in a team setting.

  3. #33
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,702

    Default

    While it is true that Kitty is the axis around which this book revolves, it's laughable that Storm fans are now throwing a hissy fit because for the first time in 5 years she's not the main character in multiple books.

  4. #34
    Spectacular Member Sapfiryt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    204

    Default

    All I have is butthurt. I'm glad that I did not buy it. Plot for three issues it's bullshit and you can see this. I had high hopes for Gold and i got this.
    A writer or an artist doesn't know how to make dynamic fights. Rachel's telepathic battle? hah.
    The New Pyro and Avalanche? What are they for?
    The power of the green guy wasn't shown.
    4/10
    X-Men is love, X-Men is life...

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member AcesX1X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Magma, on the other hand, works well with other elementals and energy wielders since her powers are not as all-encompassing as Ororo's elementally. Magma would work well with people like Iceman, Polaris, and Rachel's as well as the same kinds of characters that go well with Ororo's powers in a team setting.
    why should other powerful women sit out of the x-men just to accommodate storm?

  6. #36
    Mighty Member Diammandis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    1,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    While it is true that Kitty is the axis around which this book revolves, it's laughable that Storm fans are now throwing a hissy fit because for the first time in 5 years she's not the main character in multiple books.
    Yeah shes pretty much been a mainstay in x-books for a while and is appearing in other books also, this gives her character some time to breather tbh, even though I hate how much emphasis Guggie is putting on the importance of Kitty is sort of makes sense considering she hasn't really been in a xbook for a while same goes with Magma and Rachel, I rather they get chances to shine before characters we see with every other book
    Last edited by Diammandis; 05-03-2017 at 10:14 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

  7. #37
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Eagle
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    Magma's sort of the inverse elemental from Storm. I figured they'd be more complimentary than anything although I can see why Storm fans are fearful of seeing her unstaged by ayounger, more primal, elemental.

    Personally I'd like to see both Amara and Gambit join.

  8. #38
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    why should other powerful women sit out of the x-men just to accommodate storm?
    Read what I said. Read my whole post. Storm alone brings more than enough energy-wielding abilities to the team. You don't need optic blasts, or telekinesis, or other elementals when you have Ororo on the team. What happens then is Ororo's powers get scaled back to accomodate their powersets. Instead, put people like Magma, Rachel, Polaris, Iceman, etc on other teams where their powers are actually needed.

  9. #39
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,046

    Default

    Underwhelming and predictable, as others have said. So the new Pyro and Avalanche are just random dudes with similar powersets I guess? Why keep the new lizard guy of all the new Brotherhood, why would SHIELD even let them do that. He must be connected to someone we know, but I can't say I care very much to find out how. I was going to drop this after the first arc, but since it was a small arc I think I'll stick around for at least six issues, I'm hoping a new artist will make a difference and now that we have the introductory arc out of the way maybe something interesting can happen?

  10. #40
    Uncanny Member JustAnotherFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    But you see, the lack of a twist IS the twist!

  11. #41
    Extraordinary Member AcesX1X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Read what I said. Read my whole post. Storm alone brings more than enough energy-wielding abilities to the team. You don't need optic blasts, or telekinesis, or other elementals when you have Ororo on the team. What happens then is Ororo's powers get scaled back to accomodate their powersets. Instead, put people like Magma, Rachel, Polaris, Iceman, etc on other teams where their powers are actually needed.
    and again, why should other powerful women sit out of x-men just to accomodate storm? storm isn't beholden to kitty's team. if she's so worried about it, why doesn't she leave.

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Read what I said. Read my whole post. Storm alone brings more than enough energy-wielding abilities to the team. You don't need optic blasts, or telekinesis, or other elementals when you have Ororo on the team. What happens then is Ororo's powers get scaled back to accomodate their powersets. Instead, put people like Magma, Rachel, Polaris, Iceman, etc on other teams where their powers are actually needed.
    Storm can't carry the book by herself. Her solo series lasted a few issues.

    So they put Storm with a classic 80s line up that sold pretty well. The X-Men were a huge hit when the team was Storm, Rogue, Kitty, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Wolverine, and Rachel. Now the team is Storm, Rachel, Kitty, Nightcrawler, Colossus and OML.

    And being a part of a team is not about just power sets, it as much about the personalities of the characters and how they interact with each other. That's what makes fans overall enjoy and buy a book.

    Storm has close relationships with other elementals, telepaths/telekinetics, mystics and all of this is a part of her character and past.

  13. #43
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Magma's sort of the inverse elemental from Storm. I figured they'd be more complimentary than anything although I can see why Storm fans are fearful of seeing her unstaged by ayounger, more primal, elemental.

    Personally I'd like to see both Amara and Gambit join.
    Actually, Storm can tap into the EM fields and use that power to open massive fissures in the Earth and draw out lava. Not only that, but Magma is nowhere near as power as Ororo. Look, all I'm saying is Storm wields more firepower than most of the X-villains even X-villain teams. If you're gonna put Storm on a team with other characters, make them non-TK telepaths like Emma, super strength characters, healing characters like Logan, teleporters, characters like Sage, etc. I don't see what Magma really adds in battle that is necessary when Storm is on the team. Magma becomes unnecessary.

    Magma, on the other hand, doesn't have all of the things ORoro has in her powerset, so it works if you put Magma with other elementals like Lorna, Bobby, etc. Thing is, Storm's powers overlaps theirs plus gives her, Ororo, additional things they don't have. Hence, she gets scaled back.

  14. #44
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Storm can't carry the book by herself. Her solo series lasted a few issues.

    So they put Storm with a classic 80s line up that sold pretty well. The X-Men were a huge hit when the team was Storm, Rogue, Kitty, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Wolverine, and Rachel. Now the team is Storm, Rachel, Kitty, Nightcrawler, Colossus and OML.

    And being a part of a team is not about just power sets, it as much about the personalities of the characters and how they interact with each other. That's what makes fans overall enjoy and buy a book.

    Storm has close relationships with other elementals, telepaths/telekinetics, mystics and all of this is a part of her character and past.
    Her solo didn't do well because of poor marketing and the stories needed to be better. She had no A-list villains to fight. I think the lineup is great for Ororo. I would just swap out Rachel for Sage. The point I was making is with Storm on the team, you don't need other energy wielders.

  15. #45
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Correction its the Kitty and Logan show, guest staring Storm, Nightcrawler, and Rachel
    HAHAHA yup. Don't forget special appearance Gambit next Episode.
    So stay tune kids for another exciting adventure of Kitty Pryde and HER boring X-Men adventures.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •