Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Or maybe just some POC that can also provide drama? Gambit and Amara add nothing to this nearly white bread team. Surge. Triage. Frenzy. Quicksilver. Dust. Armor. These teams literally write themselves and Guggenheim still fucks up
    Move Colossus and Logan to Astonishing, replace them with Gambit and Bishop in Gold. Problem solved!

One of my fears about the blue gold launch would be that all the "back to suoerheroics" would cause a lot of readers to be bored. I just think audiences have generally changed from that era of comics, for better or worse.

The title is still young though so maybe it'll turn around.

On another note I see a some posters saying they are glad they didn't buy it, but they still read the issue. I'm guessing pirating? I think supporting a book with your dollars then withdrawing that money (i.e. Dropping it from your pull list after an arc or two) is a better way to show marvel what you like than just not giving it any money since issue 1. It establishes a false baseline. (Since some people pirate since issue 1, the drop off in sales isn't as much as it would be otherwise, thus signaling to marvel that they aren't doing so bad and need to maintain the direction of the book.) just my opinions.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Move Colossus and Logan to Astonishing, replace them with Gambit and Bishop in Gold. Problem solved!
    Keep Colossus and get rid of Rachel. Every team needs a strong man. So, move Logan and Rachel to Astonishing and replace them with Bishop and Gambit in Gold. If you want to get rid of Colossus too, then you'd have to replace him with Warpath.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Keep Colossus and get rid of Rachel. Every team needs a strong man. So, move Logan and Rachel to Astonishing and replace them with Bishop and Gambit in Gold. If you want to get rid of Colossus too, then you'd have to replace him with Warpath.
    Rachel can offer a lot more than Peter and Gambit.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Rachel is the most vital team member on Gold can't move her. She has close ties to the leader and is by far the most powerful offering unique utility
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I've always felt like telekinetic characters could double as the "strongmen" of teams because they can lift stuff just as well as characters with super strength. Last I remember, Rachel was pretty powerful when it came to that stuff.

I mostly want Colossus gone because of character dynamics. I don't have high hopes for him and Kitty being handled well.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    To acknowledge that the original Pyro and Avalanche are dead but do nothing to flesh out their replacements? Wasted opportunity.
    Mesmero certainly got a power upgrade.
    The Mellancamp ripoff seems like the only part of this Brotherhood that will have any story going forward... or so it seems.
    I thought that he was Rakkus (another mellencamp ripoff who actually joined the acolytes) for a second. I really miss john and dom's friendship. you don't see that much depth in x-villains lately. as for Mesmero, he seemed to be a bit stronger when he last appeared (w/ powers). I think it was the Alpha Flight book. he suggested to Alpha Flight (while explaining how he survived being shot in the head) that he could actually extend his control of individuals; w/o being in their presence. maybe that was where they are getting the telepathy angle from. :shrugs:

Colossus should continue being a teacher and not on the field. He and Domino could be living in the school dorms together at the mansion, teaching the next generation of X-Men. Give them a break. Gambit should join Uncanny Avengers. Bishop and some of the younger New X-Men should join. In fact:

Astonishing X-Men should have just been:
    -Cable (leader & coordinator)
    -Dani Moonstar (field leader)
    -Blink
    -Jubilee
    -Warlock
    -Doug Ramsey
    -Boom-Boom

X-Men Gold should have been:
    -Kitty Pryde (coordinator & field leader)
    -Magik
    -Nightcrawler
    -Wolverine (Laura)
    -Dust
    -Bishop
    -Forge
    -Beast

X-Men Blue should have been:
    -Surge (leader)
    -Oya
    -Genesis
    -Anole
    -Rockslide
    -Pixie
    -Mercury
    -Gentle
    -Hellion

X-Factor should be the O5 plus Jimmy Hudson & Kymera.

The rest of the rosters can remain the same, honestly.
    Last edited by Tycon; 05-03-2017 at 07:07 PM.

OMG, they actually went with the brotherhood were all brainwashed.........................lol

While this wasn't bad it wasn't exciting either. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm more excited to read about the "stupid" O5 teens in xmen blue. WTF is happening here. lol

not that there are any original stories left but this story has been done before; recently. it's how Avalanche died. the Red Skull used mind control to have Dominic commit a public terrorist attack; as anti-mutant propaganda.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Rachel is the most vital team member on Gold can't move her. She has close ties to the leader and is by far the most powerful offering unique utility
    For raw power, Ororo is by far the most powerful on the team. Her powerset is also physically the most versatile. With Ororo on the team, Rachel's TK would not be missed if she were taken off the roster, but her TP certainly does fill a niche. I think Emma would be more fun on the team because of her unique relationship to both Ororo and Kitty. It is better for storytelling to have some chaotic relationships in the team dynamic. Its good for drama and Emma is a better telepath than Rachel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Colossus should continue being a teacher and not on the field. He and Domino could be living in the school dorms together at the mansion, teaching the next generation of X-Men. Give them a break. Gambit should join Uncanny Avengers. Bishop and some of the younger New X-Men should join. In fact:

Astonishing X-Men should have just been:
    -Cable (leader & coordinator)
    -Dani Moonstar (field leader)
    -Blink
    -Jubilee
    -Warlock
    -Doug Ramsey
    -Boom-Boom

X-Men Gold should have been:
    -Kitty Pryde (coordinator & field leader)
    -Magik
    -Nightcrawler
    -Wolverine (Laura)
    -Dust
    -Bishop
    -Forge
    -Beast

X-Men Blue should have been:
    -Surge (leader)
    -Oya
    -Genesis
    -Anole
    -Rockslide
    -Pixie
    -Mercury
    -Gentle
    -Hellion

X-Factor should be the O5 plus Jimmy Hudson & Kymera.

The rest of the rosters can remain the same, honestly.
    These teams would drive readers away. The classic X-Men and Uncanny-X-Men characters from the 80s and 90s are who readers really care about. You've just ignored them in your lineups.

BANNED

I've always felt like telekinetic characters could double as the "strongmen" of teams because they can lift stuff just as well as characters with super strength. Last I remember, Rachel was pretty powerful when it came to that stuff.

I mostly want Colossus gone because of character dynamics. I don't have high hopes for him and Kitty being handled well.
    If you want to go that route, I could argue that Storm's winds could also double as a strong man as her winds can lift heavier objects than Colossus can. The problem is, however, no superhero team feels complete without a superstrength guy or gal on the roster. You need to have somebody like Colossus, Warpath, or Rogue on the team on principle alone.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

The team is fine. It just missing Magik and the line up is perfect

Fantastic Member

My problem with the Blue/Gold lineups is they're basically missing everyone introduced between the Outback Era to the Present Era. It's O5 and All New cast plus Kitty & Rachel. O5 is fine since Bunn is a good writer and he's woven it into the plot, but Gold seems kind of a mess, cast wise. Like someone said, a Wild Card or two would probably have been more exciting. In fact, they really should do a 3 person trade with Astonishing.