Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    If Jean had just went into that lady's mind and controlled her to leave, certain people would be calling for her head saying it was "psychic rape" and it's "against her will." Instead she opted to make the lady leave of her own free will in an unconventional and amusing (at least to me) way. Whatever works, cuz she would have been a pancake if she hadn't left.
    Agreed. Not to mention, she was trained by Emma Frost. Cyclops had Emma "questionable morals" Frost train a young Jean Grey.

Jeen's telepathic moral compass was already so far out of whack only Emma could bring her back to normalcy. The painfully intentional irony...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    Storm fans thought the same though and that tanked spectacularly, not even finishing the guaranteed 12 issues. Pak was also responsible for World War Hulk and also had Ibenez. And though I do think Jeen helped ANXM v1 and should repeat that success with Blue, she was also on EXM which didn't do as great. I think X-Men fans just have a habit of contributing success to their faves (see any Scott vs. Storm argument) when it's almost always a combination of factors (cast, writer, artist).

Just trying to be realistic. I hope for a successful solo run, but am also gonna be content with (hopefully high quality) 12 issues.
    Storm had a A list writer, but Z list characters. Jean Grey has lots of A list guest stars. So while I don't have a crystal, ball I'd say the first issue of Jean Grey was a lot more exciting than any issue of Storm was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    This was a great start somewhat comical, but decent. However, I don't think this book will last because if the Phoenix is the only main problem or Villain she deals with on a day to day basis. This book will get old FAST. They already messed up saying the Phoenix is after her............like the 5 other times yeah WE KNOW.
    The book is likely meant as a prequel to the Dark Phoenix movie. Jean gets her own book to deal with the Phoenix coming. At some point it will be here and whatever happens. This book will be over, but they can relaunch a Jean Grey book going off in an entirely different direction. How many times have very successful solos been launched and relaunched? Plenty. Look at Wolverine, Cable, Deadpool, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    That's exactly why I'm hoping that it's not the Phoenix and someone else screwing with her. There are two Ladies Mastermind hanging around and two or three different versions of Madelyne. Of the Masterminds, Regan is probably most likely to screw with Jean for the lulz. Of the Maddies, the original would be the most likely character-wise, but if one were to be involved, I'd put my money on Hopeless' Secret Wars version. I believe there's also the sole survivor of the sextet that Prime Minister Sinister Prime created to steal and store the Phoenix Force from the P5 during Gillen's AvX tie-in. It'd be cool to see that thread pulled on since I believe that Maddy actually retained a fraction of the Force?
    The Phoenix force really is because and the Masterminds wouldn't know. Adult Jean from the White Hot Room is coming back, and if it isn't here talking to Jean, it's one of the Madelynes. I honestly thought they were going to just use the surviving Maddie from AvX to bring Maddie back, but they brought her back again in Sisterhood and again in Secret Wars. Anyone with any tie or knowledge of the Phoenix is appearing in this book, so clearly Maddie is going to appear.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

wow ive just readed the issue and it was good <3 i love jean
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The Phoenix force really is because and the Masterminds wouldn't know. Adult Jean from the White Hot Room is coming back, and if it isn't here talking to Jean, it's one of the Madelynes. I honestly thought they were going to just use the surviving Maddie from AvX to bring Maddie back, but they brought her back again in Sisterhood and again in Secret Wars. Anyone with any tie or knowledge of the Phoenix is appearing in this book, so clearly Maddie is going to appear.
    Since Hopeless is writing it's undoubtedly going to be the Goblyn Valley Girl from SW Inferno rather than our resurrected Maddie from Wood's Sisterhood. I think it'll be fun too.