Default Batman Beyond #7 discussion; is the Demon who they think it is?

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

So I'm pretty much convinced that Damian is the current Demon and leader of the League of Assassin's. The fact that they hid his face is what sold me. As well as Bruce doing his little memory lane trip with emphasis on Damian.

Which makes me think. When is Bruce's relationship with Damian going to sour so much that his son completely goes back on his moral decision to abandon the LoA. And then attempts to kill Barbara ? What happened? Will we see this play out?

Maybe this future isn't totally set and we'll see a lot of things like this that are warped from how we know them in the present but will get fixed when the Rebirth storyline wraps up. This is the path that's laid out for the universe as it stands, with the "hope" and connections that make up it's heart in flux. When everything is set in stone again the future should look brighter right? Maybe they can use that as new jumping off point for Batman beyond , in that it will be reverted back to simple status quo of Terry in suit, Bruce in cave, and with free reign of batfamily characters for cameo. Taking away the post apocalyptica scenario the books been based in the last so many years.

Thoughts ?
    "Beware my Power..."

"I'M THE G#&-&@™√ BATMAN" - Batman

"The best bottle of single-malt I've ever tasted was uncorked by someone trying to sell me Loch Ness Monster pups..." - John Constantine

I dont think Batman Beyond is the actual future. I always just saw it as an alternative future where Bruce was a bit mean and drove the bat family away.

Sometimes I dont like Batman Beyond because how Old Bruce is all alone and depressed. In my ideal future, Bruce Retires and watches his family grow with pride. If they changed it a bit so hes on good terms with the Batfamily I think id like it more! so i like your ideas

BANNED

Its most likely Damian, I'm actually excited, alternate futures and choices fascinate me. We've seen Damian as Batman, lets see him as Ra's.

Beyond is a different earth so it's not our Damian but I suspect that it is indeed him and I don't like evil Damian route. Ironically a poster floated this idea not long ago on the Damian appreciation thread.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't like evil Damian route.
    The same. Stupid League of Assasins.

Maybe we will see Damian body with Ra´s al Ghul mind... Similar to Animated Batman beyond, Ra´s was death but his mind was in Talia body..

I like this Route of Damien, in fact in the Batman ends thread I said I would have Damien become the new leader of the League of Assassins but also become a member of the Sinestro Corps and combine them to become the Assassin Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Beyond is a different earth so it's not our Damian but I suspect that it is indeed him and I don't like evil Damian route. Ironically a poster floated this idea not long ago on the Damian appreciation thread.
    Umm. No it's not. Literally the same Earth. That's why when Tim went missing in the past he went missing in the Beyond books too. It's been confirmed to be many times.
    "Beware my Power..."

"The best bottle of single-malt I've ever tasted was uncorked by someone trying to sell me Loch Ness Monster pups..." - John Constantine

What we know is that this version of Batman Beyond is not the same universe as the original animated series (the DCAU) and the many comic book volumes that followed that. When Future's End was written, it was supposed to be the future of the mainstream universe. But then Tim time-travelled and changed that future. So we are in that changed future. It is neither the definite future of the mainstream universe, nor is it the DCAU version. It just Is-What-It-Is.

Frankly, I miss the DCAU version. Of course, in the DCAU version, Ra's supplanted his consciousness into Talia's body--truly a perverted idea. That episode still makes me shudder. Or, to borrow dialogue from the episode:

Terry: "Lady, you're creeping me out!"
    Bruce: "How do you think I feel? I kissed her!"

To be honest, when they went through so much trouble NOT to show the Demon's face in this issue, I wondered if it was going to be Talia's face, borrowing the creepy plot-line from the DCAU. But now that the possibility of Damian has been raised...yeah, that does seem to be the sort of plot twist they would do. Which is excellent, IMHO. I will delight in Terry beating the crap out of Damian.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    What we know is that this version of Batman Beyond is not the same universe as the original animated series (the DCAU) and the many comic book volumes that followed that. When Future's End was written, it was supposed to be the future of the mainstream universe. But then Tim time-travelled and changed that future. So we are in that changed future. It is neither the definite future of the mainstream universe, nor is it the DCAU version. It just Is-What-It-Is.

Frankly, I miss the DCAU version. Of course, in the DCAU version, Ra's supplanted his consciousness into Talia's body--truly a perverted idea. That episode still makes me shudder. Or, to borrow dialogue fromI will delight in Terry beating the crap out of Damian.
    Lol Damian is going to nearly kill Terry. In pure H2H, theres no way McGinnis is at Damian's level. Unless he still has the prototype suit on, and then Terry will probably get the upper hand and have to be stopped from killing Damian by Bruce. If I remember the solicitations right, coming up in the arc Bruce has to decide whether or not to go into the field to save Terry.

Also the editors have confirmed that this book is affected by what's going on in Rebirth currently so it's not really is-what-it it-is. It's the future of the current Earth 0, it's just in flux because the present's past isn't even set fully yet. This shizz is cray.
    Last edited by Casantrizos; 05-03-2017 at 06:19 PM.
    "Beware my Power..."

Quote Originally Posted by Casantrizos View Post
    It's the future of the current Earth 0, it's just in flux because the present's past isn't even set fully yet.
    I just want to give a Tip Of The Hat for your ability to even write that sentence.

It may currently be the future of the current continuity...but it will never stay that way. Eventually something will happen in current continuity that will completely contradict what has already happened in this series and then the editors will trot out the old "this is just A future, not THE future" line. So, yeah, it is Earth 0 now. Until it is no longer convenient for it to be. Then it won't be. It Is-What-It-Is.

This is why I miss the old DCAU continuity that the book held: it was NOT part of the main continuity in any way and could write its stories without being dragged into whatever crossover-of-the-month was going on.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Incredible Member

Yeah, this series was explicitly advertised as the canonical future of the DCU when it came out, and nothing really appears to have changed that; it constantly reflects the goings on of the canon books. With that in mind, I will be utterly fascinated if Damian is the new Demon's Head, it's an interesting avenue for his character and remember Damian was the one who trained Terry in Morrison's version...

He's aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!!

Ok, who's going back from the dead next issue? Thomas Jefferson?

Fantastic Member

I too would love it if dc were to return to the original Batman beyond universe especially since they confirmed that the beyond universe is officially apart of the dc multiverse as earth 12 in multiversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Casantrizos View Post
    Umm. No it's not. Literally the same Earth. That's why when Tim went missing in the past he went missing in the Beyond books too. It's been confirmed to be many times.

I think it is Damian and I'm curious to know what happened. I also wish that some day we will get a spinoff of 700 after Damian rescued baby Terry. Watch him raise and mentor him.

This should be interesting.
    Last edited by Fergus; 05-04-2017 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I like this Route of Damien, in fact in the Batman ends thread I said I would have Damien become the new leader of the League of Assassins but also become a member of the Sinestro Corps and combine them to become the Assassin Corps.
    Now that I would pay very good money to see. Enjoyed the tease in Injustice and Damian with a power ring is just great. however I always prefer a hero Damian story.