Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Go girl!

.......I'm certain that most everybody wanted what's shown on the Cover of Today's Issue to possibly have happened within said pages.....but nevertheless, SR: CA #19 is still an excellent read that following Steve, Sharon and Odison(FKA Thor) within SECRET EMPIRE.

UPDATE:....Also, Sharon was not only seen within SECRET EMPIRE #7 {and that's really shouldn't be surprising}; but there's a Pre-SE appearance of her within INFAMOUS IRON MAN #10.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 07-26-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    .......I'm certain that most everybody wanted what's shown on the Cover of Today's Issue to possibly have happened within said pages.....but nevertheless, SR: CA #19 is still an excellent read that following Steve, Sharon and Odison(FKA Thor) within SECRET EMPIRE.

UPDATE:....Also, Sharon was not only seen within SECRET EMPIRE #7 {and that's really shouldn't be surprising}; but there's a Pre-SE appearance of her within INFAMOUS IRON MAN #10.
    I was actually rooting for her! Although I'd have preferred a secretive team up with Nat to take him down. Little nervous she's now incarcerated in Rick's cell. They seemed to make a special note of that at the end.

IMG_1080.jpg

Whatever the Vanishing Point symbolizes, I think de aging Sharon needs to happen. Whether Waid and Samnee use her in their upcoming series in November, my hope is that Mark's affinity for including her continues. He brought her back by the end of the first Cap volume quite successfully. Hope she's integral to Steve's return.

Samnee with Brubaker had some nice moments with her and Natasha as spies/covert ops in Russia during Bucky's time in the Gulag. Also I will admit I miss Brubaker's Secret Avengers. Some odd characters came out of that series, including Prince of Orphans, John Steele, and Max Fury. I felt Remender dropped the ball, eventually killing off Steele. I thought Ellis gave the series a nice quirkiness. Natasha and Sharon had great roles there including that great moment taking down the enhanced cartel with the vodka and lighter.
    Last edited by tliscord; 07-27-2017 at 08:04 AM.

IMG_1083.jpg

Mike Lark would've been a nice addition to Secret Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    she is formidable. it wouldn't surprise me at all if she became Captain America after this latest event; coinciding with her physical rejuvenation, of course. we've had a female Thor. we've had at least 2 female Iron Men. Luke Cage's Daughter is a Captain America. but she and American Dream are from the future/alternate timelines.
    As is Roberta Mendez, the Captain America of 2099.

IMG_1087.jpgIMG_1088.jpgIMG_1089.jpg

So, is this Vanishing Point found in Secret Avengers by Ant man and Sharon the same one or related to the dream sequences of Secret Empire by Reis? If so are we looking at the Shadow Council or the Abyss having a role here? It seems far fetched but Spencer did co author with Brubaker on that series ever so briefly.

IMG_1079.jpg

So far she's the only one calling a spade a spade. I know Marvel has tried to distance itself from the Hydra/Nazi controversy but seems like Sharon has made up her own mind on the subject. Hard to split hairs comparing Fascism and Nazism. Interesting that Natasha and Sharon would eventually decide independently that he had to go, all the while Tony and Co. work to save him. Strong plotting and writing by Spencer here.

It appears that nazism is a synonym for fascism, at least in whatever references I found. Plus Sharon mentioned that the Red Skull would be proud of Steve. I think it's clear Spencer has Sharon thinking Steve is sympathetic to Nazism. I can't seem to spin it any other way.

IMG_1104.jpg

Commander Carter still doesn't role off the tongue as well as Agent 13. After Empire wonder if Maria will be reinstated or whether Sharon will continue.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Ok, you've got me on this one because I've thought long and hard who my favorite artist is drawing Cap, and despite all the great ones I have to say John Romita Sr short run was amazing. My particular favorite was his inks over Gil Kane's pencils. Romita's layouts were so fluid. When he cut back on penciling stories and focuses on covers it was painfully tantalizing. IMG_1107.JPG

First Cap comic for me!

IMG_1108.jpg

... and of course my all time favorite, the Femme Force
    Last edited by tliscord; 08-04-2017 at 08:21 AM.

IMG_1109.jpg

Sal Buscema with Steve Englehart's run

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Really liked Andy Kubert's run on Cap

IMG_1112.jpg

Still, Epting's Sharon was great

IMG_1113.JPG
    Last edited by tliscord; 08-06-2017 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    IMG_1104.jpg

Commander Carter still doesn't role off the tongue as well as Agent 13. After Empire wonder if Maria will be reinstated or whether Sharon will continue.
    Sharon's actual title was SUBCommander Carter. She was Steve's number two.

Maybe they'll give Nick Fury Jr a promotion?