Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So here's my question, are they going to actually give her more to do with Avenger's 4, given that they're down a whole team. Or are we going to be stuck with Peggy/Steve at the end of Avengers 4. So many fans of Peggy seem to hate Sharron with a passion, it's weird.

Also I'm hoping they de-age her soon. Or are they trying to make her closer to Steve's actual age?

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So here's my question, are they going to actually give her more to do with Avenger's 4, given that they're down a whole team. Or are we going to be stuck with Peggy/Steve at the end of Avengers 4. So many fans of Peggy seem to hate Sharron with a passion, it's weird.

Also I'm hoping they de-age her soon. Or are they trying to make her closer to Steve's actual age?
    I'd be surprised if they include Sharon in Avengers 4, considering how overstuffed it is They said something along the lines of how they didn't have time to incorporate her in Infinity War. It wouldn't invalidate Sharon/Steve as the endgame pairing in that movie, considering that Sharon is his most recent relationship and Peggy is, uh, dead.

We're all hoping they de-age Sharon, but we'll have to see if anyone cares enough to fix her. She's still awkwardly old in the previews for the Coates/Yu book, so...

BANNED

Captain America #102 Jun 1968
    "The Sleeper Strikes!"
    The Red Skull has awakened a fourth Sleeper robot, which is destroying strategic U.S. locations with its power blasts;

Cap and Agent 13 try to track the Sleeper on its path of destruction;

The Red Skull sends his henchman to try and prevent the heroes from destroying the robot.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Syd Shores

BC3D2022-110D-46C4-802E-F04561C780A7.jpg

One of my all time favorite Sharon moments ... confronting Nightmare’s Steve.

65081BC8-4358-42C5-B594-B48CAEDD7E68.jpg

Found this Mike Perkins sketch. He penciled a number of Cap issues during Brubaker’s run.

Re reading “The Man who bought America”, Sharon is finally able to shake Faustus control, and take down Sin in the infirmary to escape ... all the while 11 weeks pregnant. Loved De La Torre artwork.

40831A8A-1023-460B-B8A1-5C807F670682.jpg D42E7A29-7691-4662-949F-9B0F6F68A8A2.jpg

Latest Cap issue today, Coates is spot on with her toughness.
    Last edited by tliscord; 09-05-2018 at 07:13 AM.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Yup, pretty gnarly.

Nah.

She's still awesome...
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Captain America #103 Jul 1968
    "The Weakest Link!"
    During a date with Agent 13, Captain America learns that her name is Sharon Carter;

The date gets disrupted by the Red Skulls minions, who defeat Cap and take Sharon to Exile Island.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Syd Shores

All-New Member

As a long time DC reader (nearly 28 years on and off reading comics) I have started to read Captain America from the renumbering. The story and artwork are fantastic and I really like Sharon Carter's character, however my knowledge of Captain America does not extend passed the basics and what I have learned from the Marvel movies (yes the wonderful job Marvel Studios have done has prompted me to look at Marvel books, don't shoot me!). Leinel Yu seems to draw Sharon (I'm assuming its Sharon Carter, as per Captain America Civil War) rather aged. This seems to be the best forum to ask is Sharon Carter older that Steve and if so how much older? is Leinil Yu's depiction of her related to some sort of torture during Hydra's occupation of the US as mentioned in issue 2? or is just how the artist depicts the character?

Can anyone suggest issues or trades that are integral to the character and worth reading (I do know of Civil War)? Thank you.
    Last edited by TheFalcon72; 10-02-2018 at 03:47 AM. Reason: additional text

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalcon72 View Post
    As a long time DC reader (nearly 28 years on and off reading comics) I have started to read Captain America from the renumbering. The story and artwork are fantastic and I really like Sharon Carter's character, however my knowledge of Captain America does not extend passed the basics and what I have learned from the Marvel movies (yes the wonderful job Marvel Studios have done has prompted me to look at Marvel books, don't shoot me!). Leinel Yu seems to draw Sharon (I'm assuming its Sharon Carter, as per Captain America Civil War) rather aged. This seems to be the best forum to ask is Sharon Carter older that Steve and if so how much older? is Leinil Yu's depiction of her related to some sort of torture during Hydra's occupation of the US as mentioned in issue 2? or is just how the artist depicts the character?

Can anyone suggest issues or trades that are integral to the character and worth reading (I do know of Civil War)? Thank you.
    During Rick Remender’s run, Sharon rescues Steve from Dimension Z only by sacrificing herself. Thought dead, she eventually returns in issue 23 as Zola invades our universe as a prisoner. We learn that she indeed survived, and furthermore took over raising Ian, Steve’s adopted son, Zola’s genetically enhanced son actually. She returns aged because of the time differential of the two dimensions.
    A3A96432-4ABA-4014-8A0C-6D371B581999.jpg

Steve at the same time had been stripped of the supersoldier formula, again ... and had subsequently aged as well.

Personally, I’d read Ed Brubaker’s run on Cap, both volumes, to get an idea of her character before the Dimension Z fiasco. Additionally, she was Steve’s operational chief for the Secret Avengers, a terrific series. Cap Reborn is also worth it, as she saves him from the Red Skull.

Her background goes back to those Tales of Suspense issues as Agent 13, but eventually she’s written out of the series by Captain America 234. She’s thought dead, again, until Waid resurrects her in Operation Rebirth starting with issue 445, some 15 years later!
    Last edited by tliscord; 10-02-2018 at 06:24 AM.

Invincible Member

It's interesting that they haven't put any effort into de-aging Sharon ( as of yet).

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's interesting that they haven't put any effort into de-aging Sharon ( as of yet).
    I really hope Coates and Yu are conjuring up an arc for her to do that. It’s unclear to me post Secret Empire who is exactly in charge. So far, I feel as if Coates is describing almost a failed state scenario, with power vacuums helter skelter. Up until recently Sharon was directing SHIELD but that clearly isn’t the case now. It really just feels like a mess we’ve been left to sort through.

There’s been a lot of blowing up over the past years. Particularly with Hickman’s multiverse saga, and now with Spencer’s Hydra tale. I’m even wondering if PymUltron is still sitting up in his enclave watching all this. Some prettty abrupt changes too. All at once Zola and his Dimension Z, became Zola the Hydra stooge with Stevil. I’d be up for a long series, multiple arcs and cast, to try and move forward gently unfolding the outcomes of Secret Empire, as well as Secret Wars.