Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Anyone else find it odd that Sharon's been missing in the immediate aftermath of Secret Empire? I imagine that her reaction to there now being two Caps will be explored in the new Captain America series.
    Not at all. You would expect Sharon to be in Captain America, but that hasn't had any issues post-SE yet.

So SHIELD is no more according to Legacy. Again, my question is what about Hill and Carter? Granted Hill was under disciplinary action for her role in Pleasant Hill, but it would seem now they have been both freed up from their commitments ... for what I wonder?

Considering Tales of Suspense will be a covert story to uncover Widow's fate, given that Hill and Natasha met during Secret Empire as the Resistance against HydraCap, I'm wondering if both Maria and Sharon will be involved in the hunt. Sharon's role in Secret Empire was certainly acting within the confines of the Hydra, eventually taking down the Hydra ships because of her knowledge of Steve's passwords. She may have intimate knowledge of much of the workings of Hydra and may be useful ferreting out loyalists still on the loose, that supposedly are being assasinated by ....

With SHIELD now defunk, this could free them up and the most logical mission for them to take on is hunting for the Widow ... or at least those behind the assassinations. However I have no doubt Bucky could be communicating with Sharon his thoughts on the assassin.

... and perhaps they have some involvement with the missing Tony Stark? Hill has been known to do such things, and has a long history with Tony. How many others could pull off infiltrating Stark Industries and wisking his body away other than Hill and Carter? Why is it that both Stark and the Widow are conveniently off the table right now?

I'll be very interested in Tales of Suspense much more if this all comes to some fruition.
    Last edited by tliscord; 09-28-2017 at 09:12 AM.

IMG_1210.jpg
    .. and no Sharon shown at Natasha's funeral. Maybe she's just busy dismantling SHIELD or not. I think it certainly possible she's working or will work with the Winter Soldier.

Tales of Suspense does sound like a likely place for her in the short term. Maybe being the one who feeds Bucky intelligence.

Sharon Carter by Maleev...

maleev sharon.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Welcome to my collection.

sharon.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

8442B9A0-6F6D-4EFB-912B-FFC627A2C711.jpg

Haven’t seen or heard much from Agent 13 since Secret Wars ... thought this letter from issue 102 (1968) might peek folks interest. It was a response to Tales of Suspense issue 99 with the incredible “Irma Kruhl”.

Of course Sharon never does shoot Cap. Classic Stan Lee writing ... she purposefully misses by inches. I love the fans description of her as a rare breed, devoted, and slightly psycho-pathic. Not sure he meant sociopathic or psychotic. Either way it was 1968, the era of Woodstock, so I guess you could be both.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tliscord; 04-03-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Yeah, she's been in limbo since Secret Empire. No-show in both Captain America and Tales of Suspense.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Captain America #100 Apr 1968
    First issue, continued from Tales of Suspense #99.
    Origin of Captain America retold, as originally depicted in Avengers #4, in
    "This Monster Unmasked!"

Baron Zemo orders Agent 13, who is posing as female spy Irma Kruhl, to execute Captain America and Black Panther;

Zemo plans to use a solar ray to destroy America;

Agent 13, Captain America and Black Panther battle Zemo's robot, Destructon.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Syd Shores

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Does anyone know how long Sharon spent in Dimension Z? I thought that - at the absolute maximum, Sharon should really only be just over 50 years old, maybe in her late 40s, even if you count all the time in DZ. But, artists have been drawing her as everything from "regular Sharon but with a blockier face" to "a wrinkled old lady staring death in the eye."

Leinil Yu's Sharon seems like a particularly bad offender, considering how he drew Old Man Steve Rogers as more or less the same character but with white hair.

Or am I off? Did she spend twice the amount of time Steve did in Dimension Z?
    Last edited by responsarbre; 04-13-2018 at 05:13 PM. Reason: I am infamous for making several typos and phrasing things badly!

Seriously? We can't have Sharon rejuvenated somehow but Cap gets his youth back?! BOLLOCKS.

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-13-2018 at 02:46 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Seriously? We can't have Sharon rejuvenated somehow but Cap gets his youth back?! BOLLOCKS.

I hadn't seen this one--I thought you'd made a really cool custom.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Does anyone know how long Sharon spent in Dimension Z? I thought that - at the absolute maximum, Sharon should really only be just over 50 years old, maybe in her late 40s, even if you count all the time in DZ. But, artists have been drawing her as everything from "regular Sharon but with a blockier face" to "a wrinkled old lady staring death in the eye."

Leinil Yu's Sharon seems like a particularly bad offender, considering how he drew Old Man Steve Rogers as more or less the same character but with white hair.

Or am I off? Did she spend twice the amount of time Steve did in Dimension Z?
    Without going back to those issues, it was my impression she had spent less time, was less aged. Hopefully the first arc will include her resuscitation!

BANNED

Naah. Just let marvel comics get the comicbook character Wanda Maximoff team-up with the comicbook character Steve Rogers instead.

BANNED

Captain America #101 May 1968
    "When Wakes the Sleeper!"
    Recognizing a jeweler as Nazi war criminal Werner Von Krimm, Captain America attacks him, however Nick Fury arrives to stop the fight and lets Krimm go.
    When the Captain reacts in outrage, Fury explains that he planted a homing device on Von Krimm's ID card because SHIELD has bigger people to catch.
    Elsewhere, we find that the Red Skull is alive and well and at a secret base in the Florida Keys with
    a bunch of henchmen seeking to awaken a fourth Sleeper robot, of which Von Krimm has the key to activate.
    While waiting for Krimm's arrival, Red Skull explains that he survived his last brush with death (aboard a nuclear submarine set to self destruct)

by getting out in a miniature escape sub that was built into the model.
    As Von Krimm flies to the secret island base, he is unaware that he is being followed by Captain America in a SHIELD craft.
    However security on the island detects Cap and shoots him down. Cap survives the crash and fights his way through the security,
    only to be pistol whipped from behind and captured. Taken to the Red Skull just as Von Krimm is giving him the special crystal to activate the fourth Sleeper,
    Cap witnesses the robot awakening: a giant robot that can fire blasts from its face and travel through solid matter,

its mission is to walk beneath important US targets and destroy them from underneath.
    As the Sleeper fights off everything in its path and begins its swath of destruction across the US,
    Captain America attempts to get the crystal key from the Red Skull. Their fight takes them to a tunnel beneath the surface of the island base,
    and their fight causes a breach that fills the tunnel with sea water. With the creature destroying key strategic bases in the United States,
    the military finds itself unable to stop them, and when Agent 13 confronts Nick Fury about Cap's mission, Fury informs her that Cap has died,

however Captain America has survived as he bobs to the surface, crystal key in hand.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Syd Shores