Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    There are dozens of us! DOZENS! But what really made AXIS work was that it involved quite a few books and the consequences of those books. Or maybe it just happened that I was reading both Loki and Magneto at the time. Seriously, great reads.

I'm just not quite ready to judge this event until more comes out about it. There's a lot we're missing, and we'll only know what we're getting if we wait.
    I read mostly the main series and some of the tie-ins, in my backlog going back I want to read it again to read the tie-ins I missed, but I liked the factor that things like Tony and Sabertooth where change for awhile to show it had some consequences to it as well.

As for Secret Empire I be the 1st to say I am not a Fan of Capt like this, but I am a Story Guy 1st and I GREATLY agree with you, I am indeed willing to give the story as you said a much deserved chance all the way to the end. It is not fair to judge a story until it has time to finish itself just like a movie or TV show is, comics need the same chance indeed.

I also have stated that where the characters are right how with the Hydra Avengers having who they have and the Resistance having who they have can't be judge just on its face value yet, I am certain this has spy-drama written all over it and we will get reversals and reversals of double agents in both camps, so to say that is that who is on whose side is not competent to the way stories of this degree always play out, this beyond fandom for any one character.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Amazing Member

With respect to Thor's involvement with the Hydra Avengers, is it possible that it is not the real Thor Odinson but a clone? That would make sense, especially if Thor was off world when the defense shield went up. They could be using a clone for appearances.

As for Wanda and the Vision, I assume Wanda could be mind controlled or possessed, and the Vision could have had his programming overridden. Or one or both could be spies trying to also protect the other if they are compromised.

I assume Deadpool is a spy.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Who is ultimately gonna pay the price for what Rogers has done?
    I hate to say any 1 person will pay or needs to pay, but allot of this lies again on the Brain-Child of Maria Hill and what started at the start of Sam Wilson's Captain America book back in 2015. Just the idea she had with Pleasant Hill is the same level of what happen to capt just on a more Major Level.

Those that think they can play with the power of the Cosmos and Still find little humiliation in it like it seem Maria had will get burnt.

So while not disliking Maria, IMO allot of this falls on her.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    While I have no doubt there is more here. Indeed that's the whole point of the FCBD story as far as I can tell, most of your objections to it being a fast and relatively smooth takeover are projecting problems that may have been solved very quickly.

For example, those carriers may be the same ones with some bio-magical upgrades. The education system may not be entirely swayed, just choice schools in specific cities. We don't know enough, but we do know the population is being mollified by news and made more gullible by drugs. We know infrastructure seems to have been subsumed into the state, with trains, TV being either totally or partly controlled. The trick would be to keep news focused on riots and disorder, allowing the military to call for clamp downs, curfews and then amnesty once you have got people to watch your mind controlling propoganda. I don't see this as taking very long. We haven't got a government seeking total control, just enough to manage people and feed them lies.
    It sounds a whole lot more than just manipulative control. I can see a hell of a lot of people falling through the Hydra net, making all this manipulation more difficult. The speculation on whether what we are seeing is cooperative transitioning seems highly progressed, as the Avengers have given up any more planning against Steve. This falls into the category of months, not days or weeks.

The thing is, Captain America wasn't even the one pulling the trigger, nor was he seemingly anywhere near the execution site. That would mean that someone-multiple people even-would have to be in on it, and I'm not sure that would work.

But this is comics so anything is always on the table.
    He spoke to Rick in the prison cell. He could've faked his death by swapping him with an LMD and having that shot to bits. But that would leave the question of how he got smuggled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He spoke to Rick in the prison cell. He could've faked his death by swapping him with an LMD and having that shot to bits. But that would leave the question of how he got smuggled out.
    I agree with this, Deaths in Comics never happen that easy or that Clean, their is always more high build-up or drama involved. When I read it, it was shocking for a moment but then I felt yea not buying it much, a LMD like Fury or something else is very likely. Even Capt as the warped version he is has a Major Problem with Killing those he cares about while his HYDRA Command already shows sights of not liking how soft he is to his friends and to the populace.

I see many ways Rick can be alive threw this and if not a end of story reversal still is in the wings.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Besides Rogers himself? Probably the entire superhero community. Assuming this isn't all just a matter of being brainwashed or mind-warped, a lot of the public was willing to get in line wit HYDRA because HYDRA gave them security, stability, and order after years of feeling as though they were at the mercy of an out-of-control superhuman population, "heroes" and "villains" alike, that cared nothing for their lives as they were caught in the crossfire of their constant grudge matches. When HYDRA gets toppled and a small-d democratic U.S. government is reestablished, a lot of those people are going to be very unhappy that the only real improvement in their lives was taken from them by the same uncaring superhumans.
    This is something I don't think readers get. This story is addressing the fact that superheroes and their villains are essentially a totally different class of people, removed even from society's elite. Steve Rogers has simply found a way to put a reign on the problem, a problem that wasn't fixing itself after years of infighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I hate to say any 1 person will pay or needs to pay, but allot of this lies again on the Brain-Child of Maria Hill and what started at the start of Sam Wilson's Captain America book back in 2015. Just the idea she had with Pleasant Hill is the same level of what happen to capt just on a more Major Level.

Those that think they can play with the power of the Cosmos and Still find little humiliation in it like it seem Maria had will get burnt.

So while not disliking Maria, IMO allot of this falls on her.
    Maria Hill's problem is that she didn't go far enough. She could have took each and every villain out back, shot them in the head, and who would have cared? Instead, she tried to play god or something. I don't like to hate on Maria Hill, but this is sort of her fault by playing into the superhero subculture she seems to profess to hate by essentially making a game out of the lives of the villains.

Extraordinary Member

Double Post
    Last edited by Rosebunse; 05-04-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I don't really want to discuss it here because I was trying to avoid it, (unsuccessfully.) Check the other threads.
    I understand it's just spoilers:
    Hydra Cap lifting Thors hammer
    end of spoilers.
    Last edited by jackolover; 05-04-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Maria Hill's problem is that she didn't go far enough. She could have took each and every villain out back, shot them in the head, and who would have cared? Instead, she tried to play god or something. I don't like to hate on Maria Hill, but this is sort of her fault by playing into the superhero subculture she seems to profess to hate by essentially making a game out of the lives of the villains.
    I don't know about the killing part but yea Maria Played God and Life remake in a way that was very twisted and creepy when you think about it. We value our Individuality and Our Differences as one of our Highest Moral Values, but Maria mess with that on a Primordial level and seem to never really give credence to something horrible coming out of it. Many Heroes where warped in Pleasant Hill at the time as well.

Also the messing with the Cosmic Cube that become alive, making a hit marker on the Earth for the Likes of Thanos and the earth menaces like Zemo and the Red Skull. Heck, even keeping the Cube around and letting her wonder lead her t the skull, more recklessness. It is one thing to play with these things, it is another to very reckless with them to such a high level.

Indeed I DON'T like Hating Maria Hill, but all this was her brainchild and her doing that she kept pushing forward and heck the Earth Shield blocking the Big-Gun Heroes from Earth was Here Doing as well Mostly, so sadly her hits on this being on her sadly keep rising sadly.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know about the killing part but yea Maria Played God and Life remake in a way that was very twisted and creepy when you think about it. We value our Individuality and Our Differences as one of our Highest Moral Values, but Maria mess with that on a Primordial level and seem to never really give credence to something horrible coming out of it. Many Heroes where warped in Pleasant Hill at the time as well.

Also the messing with the Cosmic Cube that become alive, making a hit marker on the Earth for the Likes of Thanos and the earth menaces like Zemo and the Red Skull. Heck, even keeping the Cube around and letting her wonder lead her t the skull, more recklessness. It is one thing to play with these things, it is another to very reckless with them to such a high level.

Indeed I DON'T like Hating Maria Hill, but all this was her brainchild and her doing that she kept pushing forward and heck the Earth Shield blocking the Big-Gun Heroes from Earth was Here Doing as well Mostly, so sadly her hits on this being on her sadly keep rising sadly.
    The whole thing was creepy! It's hard to be mad at the villains in this when, yeah, it was an awful thing to do. And yes, it almost trapped quite a few heroes into it.

I don't hate Maria Hill either. I actually think she has a few good ideas sometimes. The problem is that she is in many ways just as bad as the people manipulating Steve into doing all this.

I agree with this, Deaths in Comics never happen that easy or that Clean, their is always more high build-up or drama involved. When I read it, it was shocking for a moment but then I felt yea not buying it much, a LMD like Fury or something else is very likely. Even Capt as the warped version he is has a Major Problem with Killing those he cares about while his HYDRA Command already shows sights of not liking how soft he is to his friends and to the populace.

I see many ways Rick can be alive threw this and if not a end of story reversal still is in the wings.
    Yeah, even if he really is dead, Kobik can just undo it when she restores the real Steve. There's sure to be more twists yet!
    True. Quite a few Thunderbolts, the Uncanny Avengers, and the ANAD Avengers got caught up in it (quite how Miles and Kamala didn't have their secret identities exposed due to this I don't know since the disguises took away their masks and even gave Miles a name badge - at least Jane Foster looked like a helmetless Thor instead of her cancer stricken self, thus maintaining her secret). The Thunderbolts, in fact (Zemo, Moonstone, Fixer, Atlas) were among the first to break out.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-04-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

The whole thing was creepy! It's hard to be mad at the villains in this when, yeah, it was an awful thing to do. And yes, it almost trapped quite a few heroes into it.

I don't hate Maria Hill either. I actually think she has a few good ideas sometimes. The problem is that she is in many ways just as bad as the people manipulating Steve into doing all this.
    How is it hard to be mad at the villains?

In the real world, when criminals are captured, 99% of them go away for years, serving out the majority of their sentences before being released.

Supervillains pop in and out of jail almost on a whim. No matter what crime they commit, no matter what danger they represent to the entire world (Graviton is the best example), they are never punished in proportion to their crimes. Pleasant Hill is the closest they came, really

Incredible Member

Oh yayyyyyyy, skip to 31:40 in this video for a preview of issue 2, if all the nazi style imagery was just too fun and uplifting, now we get 9/11 style imagery