DC Comics Historian

Default 3 issues into the button and we still have all style and no substance.

Ugh, I am honestly both happy that the button is being addressed finally but incredibly pissed at the same time. Nothing has been addressed to why Psycho Pirate was so important. Not even a taunt to Batman in the last arc saying how nothing matters because time keeps being erased and he knows why etc etc etc. And then 3 issues in while we get an awesome amount of beautiful art and a cool meetup now we only have 1 issue to tie up both who "God" is, Thawne's death, the Justice Society, and how it all relates to Watchmen. Which I doubt any of it will happen. If the JSA comes back great, but will it feel forced? Probably because that is a 3-6 issue story arc all by itself. Are we only going to get a glimpse of Manhattan, him rattle of exestential nonsense, him tell Barry and Bruce that now is not the time for their fight but it is coming, then them being thrown back or they run back to the present? Probably....4 issuses to get done what could have been told in 1 or 2.

Sigh...the pacing of this even, once again...makes absolutely bollocks for sense. Infinite Crisis showed us how to properly build up an event. Rebirth so far aside from Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman(We'll see how it ends in two weeks), and Titans everything has been static, background noise. I mean, there may be some good stories but nothing can really be achieved in the longterm without first addressing the continuity bomb that is eventually going to dropped on us come next May. Why are we supposed to care? Why isn't everything being set up to where everything that every hero who has a book is doing working towards eventually tying into the Watchmen story? I mean, I can give the benefit of the doubt in that hopefully 6 months before the big showdown they build up to it like Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis were with their Countdown story arcs. But right now we are veering off the track for Scott Snyders Metal which for all intents and purposes at this point has absolutely NOTHING to do with the threat lurking behind Rebirth and Wally's return.
    Last edited by theonetruebatman; 05-03-2017 at 05:48 PM.

I don't know why you're pissed. They told you since day one this was going to be a long two year story arc.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The Button is actually a very good arc so far. This is not supposed to give all these answers and reveals, I don't remember any promises. This is a magnitude-uncertain chapter in this long running Rebirth-Watchmen story.

But this actual story does have some real emotional substance. Very epic, you feel like Batman is experiencing something unprecedented some here.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

DC Comics Historian

Quote Originally Posted by geomon View Post
    I don't know why you're pissed. They told you since day one this was going to be a long two year story arc.
    And we are now halfway in an almost have about as many answers as we did before other than Superman being put back together. They found the button a YEAR AGO and they haven't done anything until now. Psycho Pirate was in the batbooks since Rebirth began practically and they didn't even hint that his mask could do what it did. Sure, WE KNEW, but Batman had to find out by accident. That's LAZY. If they dont seriously start building up this storyline in the next 12 months IE giving it a good 6 month countdown ala Infinite Crisis, which I've said it once and I'll say it again, that was the best build up to any event in this history of comics IMO, then everything is going to come out forced and lazy and it wont have nearly the impact we are hoping for. End of story dude.

DC Comics Historian

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    The Button is actually a very good arc so far. This is not supposed to give all these answers and reveals, I don't remember any promises. This is a magnitude-uncertain chapter in this long running Rebirth-Watchmen story.

But this actual story does have some real emotional substance. Very epic, you feel like Batman is experiencing something unprecedented some here.
    I am not asking for the whole blueprint here. But this story is spinning so many plates there is absolutely no way they are going to be able to address Saturn Girl, The JSA, Thawne's death, Flashpoint, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Identity Crisis, and GOD in 20 pages. The Button needed to be more than 4 issues. Instead of kicking the can down the road all of this should have been told within the main story or at the whatever it is going to be or at the very least a proper buildup/countdown to that story.

Quote Originally Posted by theonetruebatman View Post
    But this story is spinning so many plates there is absolutely no way they are going to be able to address Saturn Girl, The JSA, Thawne's death, Flashpoint, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Identity Crisis, and GOD in 20 pages.
    Then maybe those things just aren't going to be addressed. At least half those could easily not be.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Just as DC Univ Rebirth #1 didn't have to answer the plates it threw into the air, this arc didn't need to answer all that it showed either. We've got revelations, but perhaps many cans will continue to be kicked to future Rebirth/Watchmen arcs to answer.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fantastic Member

true but, kick the can so far down the line that you can't get fans back , will be a serious problem !!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Just as DC Univ Rebirth #1 didn't have to answer the plates it threw into the air, this arc didn't need to answer all that it showed either. We've got revelations, but perhaps many cans will continue to be kicked to future Rebirth/Watchmen arcs to answer.
    I've waited 30+ years for the definitive answer to whether the Pre-COIE Earth-One Superman and Post-COIE Superman are the same guy, or two separate guys.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

DC Comics Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I've waited 30+ years for the definitive answer to whether the Pre-COIE Earth-One Superman and Post-COIE Superman are the same guy, or two separate guys.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Well, according to Vanetta Rogers they are one guy. I spoke to her today. It is even a fact that there is no longer a dead Superman or "Fallen Superman" as Oz said. They are all one guy.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by theonetruebatman View Post
    Well, according to Vanetta Rogers they are one guy. I spoke to her today. It is even a fact that there is no longer a dead Superman or "Fallen Superman" as Oz said. They are all one guy.
    they had fought in infinite crisis ,isnt it?

BANNED

What the story is and what fans want the story to be are two entirely different things.

Folks should remember that.

DC Comics Historian

Quote Originally Posted by vikramkhore View Post
    they had fought in infinite crisis ,isnt it?
    Not sure what you are referring to. However, Earth 2 Superman IE Kal-L and NEW EARTH(Earth 1 Pre-COIE) Superman IE Kal-El did fight in Infinite Crisis.