Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Superior Spider-man has the better setup and execution. For me, it just read better.

BANNED

SSM! Infamous appears to be a bad and boring attempt to mimic Superior.
    I would, however put Superior Iron Man on equal grounds.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    SSM! Infamous appears to be a bad and boring attempt to mimic Superior.
    I would, however put Superior Iron Man on equal grounds.
    Have you even read Infamous?
    Because aside from having former villains as main characters they have nothing in common.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    Have you even read Infamous?
    Because aside from having former villains as main characters they have nothing in common.
    Υes, mr Smartmouth, i did. I just finished the fourth issue where Victor confronts his mother.
    And you seem to be forgetting that Tony Stark appears as an artificial intellingence hologram in almost the same fashion as Ghost Peter did.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 05-22-2017 at 11:46 AM.

iMan 42s

Υes, mr Smartmouth, i did. I just finished the fourth issue where Victor confronts his mother.
    And you seem to be forgetting that Tony Stark appears as an artificial intellingence hologram in almost the same fashion as Ghost Peter did.
    Infamous Iron man and Superior Spider-man work with the same concept of a villain assuming the mantle of a hero but both play out differently. Beyond the same basic idea they are nothing alike. I'm not sure where you're getting the similarity from beyond the base idea as these are by no means identical books, and an A.I Tony Stark has been a thing long before Ghost Peter happened so I don't know where this is coming from.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

"Superior Spider-Man" is (pun intended) superior. The base concept of a bad guy trying to be the good guy is similar. But, Superior did a better job with it. If nothing else, Bendis has never been a high-concept guy.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Infamous Iron man and Superior Spider-man work with the same concept of a villain assuming the mantle of a hero but both play out differently. Beyond the same basic idea they are nothing alike. I'm not sure where you're getting the similarity from beyond the base idea as these are by no means identical books, and an A.I Tony Stark has been a thing long before Ghost Peter happened so I don't know where this is coming from.
    Guys... Did you catch the ''ATTEMPT TO MIMIC'' part?
    With that word i state that it tries but not succeeding.
    In any other case i would type ''it mimics Superior in a bad way'' or ''it fails to mimic Superior''.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 05-22-2017 at 01:16 PM.

iMan 42s

Guys... Did you catch the ''ATTEMPT TO MIMIC'' part?
    With that word i state that it tries but not succeeding.
    In any other case i would type ''it mimics Superior in a bad way'' or ''it fails to mimic Superior''.
    A little defensive.
    It doesn't really attempt anything to emulate Superior Spider-man since while it works with a similar concept, the books in comparison are not the same thing. Both of them have reformed villains as leads but it's unlikely Bendis is trying to emulate Superior Spider-man since the story beats, pacing, tone, and scale are too different to be anything worth comparing the two. Comparisons are largely superficial and is only noteworthy since both occurred within a few years of each other (and Superior's story is still continuing under Superior Octopus).

I did notice what you wrote, that's why I replied. Though to some degree I would agree that Infamous Iron man fails to mimic Superior Spider-man, since it isn't trying to be Superior Spider-man. The attempt is to be it's own thing but I wouldn't say that Superior Spider-man is a catch-all for all reformed villain titles to be the baseline comparison.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.