Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think Ollie's grandpa or great grandpa was a member of the Arrow clan so maybe they could reuse this origin for his grandpa. Other than that it would be step back for Ollie since his origin right now is pretty good.

The SA origin is the strongest of the two. I doubt that they will find a reason to reference the GA one anytime soon.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The SA origin is the strongest of the two. I doubt that they will find a reason to reference the GA one anytime soon.
    just an idea I had for his grandpa. a cool easter egg if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    During the Golden Age, the butler Alfred Pennyworth did not serve the Waynes from before Bruce's birth, but didn't meet Bruce and join the household until after Batman and Robin had been established in operation for some time.

I think this status quo was maintained until the COIE reboot.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Just read the story. Alfred's father served Thomas Wayne as butler, and Alfred did not want to go into domestic service, but his father made him promise to do so on his deathbed. He does indeed show up a few years into the Batman/Robin crimefighting partnership.

Alfred slims down in one story by going off to fitness camp, feeling he needs to be in better shape to help two crime fighters. He's the original portly design at the beginning, and when he returns he's more like the Alfred we're all familiar with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    Alfred slims down in one story by going off to fitness camp, feeling he needs to be in better shape to help two crime fighters. He's the original portly design at the beginning, and when he returns he's more like the Alfred we're all familiar with.
    More like the Alfred appearing in the Batman movie serials at the time.

Retired

In my head canon, Alfred Beagle (his stage name) had just finished playing Falstaff in rep (HENRY IV and THE MERRY WIVES OF WINDSOR). A committed actor, he actually put on extra weight to play the part. So he was stil portly when he came to work for Mawster Wayne. And it was taking him some effort to lose the pounds, so he went to the fitness camp to trim down.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Alfred Beagle was not only portlier than the later, more familiar Alfred Pennyworth, but also, I believe, somewhat shorter. That must have been some fitness program that not only reduced weight, but also increased height.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    That must have been some fitness program that not only reduced weight, but also increased height.
    I believe it was the Gattaca Diet.