Page 1 of 184 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 2752
  1. #1

    Default Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) Appreciation - "To Know Her is to Fear Her"

    Agent Double Agent Private Eye Super Hero Avenger Spider-Woman
    Jessica Drew Appreciation Thread!
    Home for Fans of the Original Spider-Woman!




    "To know her is to fear her..."
    (Hail Hydra!)

  2. #2

    Default

    And here is a fresh new thread to show a little love for everybody's favorite Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew!

  3. #3
    BANNED Tangent Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Savannah
    Posts
    113

    Default

    For starters, Spider-Woman played a major role in one of the best one-shot Avengers stories of all time, Avengers Annual #10! The story opened with Jessica saving an unconscious Carol Danvers from a murder attempt by ROGUE! So many important firsts in one story! Not to mention, Jessica made a solid showing of her smarts and skills. A particular favorite was the way she smoothly evaded Mystique's ambush!

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Tenebrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    1,041

    Default

    I honestly think she has one of the best superhero costumes of all time. Sure it's a bit silver agey in design but she is very recognisable.

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,675

    Default

    Any thoughts on the speculation that Spider Woman will be revealed on the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tv series, kiddos?

  6. #6
    Member Hekabolos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Any thoughts on the speculation that Spider Woman will be revealed on the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tv series, kiddos?
    What. Is this actual speculation, or fan dreamland speculation? Meh. Either way I hope it happens. Jess deserves more exposure, and she's a natural fit for the direction the show has been going.

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    What. Is this actual speculation, or fan dreamland speculation? Meh. Either way I hope it happens. Jess deserves more exposure, and she's a natural fit for the direction the show has been going.
    Its fan speculation, of course. They theorize that Skye will be revealed to be Jessica Drew, since she's not revealed her identity, she's allegedly got powers, and her parents exerimented on her or something as a baby.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its fan speculation, of course. They theorize that Skye will be revealed to be Jessica Drew, since she's not revealed her identity, she's allegedly got powers, and her parents exerimented on her or something as a baby.
    I really, really (really really really really) don't think that's going to happen. I think in the end... Skye is going to turn out to be...

    ...Skye.

    They've taken some creative liberties with characters like Deathlok, which is easy... since there's been multiple Deathloks and he/they isn't a very high profile character anyway. But, I don't see them bringing a (relatively) known and high profile character like Jessica and bringing her in as someone else.

  9. #9
    Incredible Member Aliltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Whoa that'd actually be pretty cool if it did turn out to be Jessica. We can only hope. Love to see her in Avengers 3, that is if Marvel Studios has the rights to her and not Sony
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batman, Captain America, Defenders, Mighty Thor, Astonishing X-Men, Justice League, Daredevil, etc.

  10. #10
    Member Hekabolos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its fan speculation, of course. They theorize that Skye will be revealed to be Jessica Drew, since she's not revealed her identity, she's allegedly got powers, and her parents exerimented on her or something as a baby.
    OH. That's weird. I do not approve. If they were going to bring in ex-Hydra, ex-SHIELD, all awesome Jessica Drew, then absolutely, go for it, but Skye is better off being Skye.

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Any thoughts on the speculation that Spider Woman will be revealed on the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tv series, kiddos?
    That'd be cool to see, though I wouldn't want her to turn out to be Skye. I just personally don't think that'd work. Plus Jessica is supposed to be from UK lol.

  12. #12
    Jobbroni
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangent Man View Post
    For starters, Spider-Woman played a major role in one of the best one-shot Avengers stories of all time, Avengers Annual #10! The story opened with Jessica saving an unconscious Carol Danvers from a murder attempt by ROGUE! So many important firsts in one story! Not to mention, Jessica made a solid showing of her smarts and skills. A particular favorite was the way she smoothly evaded Mystique's ambush!
    Yay, new Jess thread!

    Y'know, this reminds me of, I think, X-men #203 where Rachel fights the Beyonder. In it, Rogue recalls with tears and regret, her assassination attempt on Carol and ruining both of them. However, Jess is in this issue too, seemingly hanging out with the X-men. Since we know that she knows what Rogue did to Carol, what was going through her mind being near her? Today, I would expect hostile civility to the one that tried to kill your BFF, but back then?

    As for Skye being Jess....man, that'd be awesome. SHIELD is a fine show but it could take a nod or two from Arrow and actual 'Marvel' up their TV show.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    Y'know, this reminds me of, I think, X-men #203 where Rachel fights the Beyonder. In it, Rogue recalls with tears and regret, her assassination attempt on Carol and ruining both of them. However, Jess is in this issue too, seemingly hanging out with the X-men. Since we know that she knows what Rogue did to Carol, what was going through her mind being near her? Today, I would expect hostile civility to the one that tried to kill your BFF, but back then?
    I think that's one of those things I almost have to just write off as careless writing/editing... just failing to connect points A and B. But I also think the closeness between Carol and Jess was sort of established in retrospect. Outside of AA #10... there wasn't any significant interaction between them for years on panel.

    ... have we ever seen Jessica really react to Rogue regarding Carol?

    Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    As for Skye being Jess....man, that'd be awesome. SHIELD is a fine show but it could take a nod or two from Arrow and actual 'Marvel' up their TV show.
    If Jess were to be on the show, I think I'd prefer if they just introduced her as herself... instead of this weird blending of identity. I'd love to see more comic-based characters, but I'd like to see them actually be themselves.

  14. #14
    Jedi Knight AgentVenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    That'd be cool to see, though I wouldn't want her to turn out to be Skye. I just personally don't think that'd work. Plus Jessica is supposed to be from UK lol.
    I once fancast Freema Agyeman as Jessica Drew and now I can't unsee it. Freema was so amazingly badass in Doctor Who. She has the snark and confidence that would be perfect for Spider-woman. Plus, it's a nod to Jessica's British heritage

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    I could live with Sky as Jessica.

    Fant.jpg
    But I'd really love to see Rebecca Hall.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •