Page 178 of 184 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2752
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Downloaded Spider-Force. Had some issues with the art and one or two of Jessica's lines otherwise it was pretty good.
    I would agree with you there, but which lines did you have an issue with, if I may ask?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I would agree with you there, but which lines did you have an issue with, if I may ask?
    spoilers:
    When she tells Kaine he's right that she needs her son to see her how she is - I feel like Jess would be more inclined to not let Verna anywhere near her kid.
    end of spoilers
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

spoilers:
    Of course Kaine withheld information - she doesn't know what any of the other spiders are doing - and Gwen in particular is in need of rescue. I've no doubt that if she knew the full picture she'd have found some other way to show Gerry what Spider-Woman can do. She would also maybe want to check in on Silk, who hasn't appeared in Spider-Geddon at all yet.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    When she tells Kaine he's right that she needs her son to see her how she is - I feel like Jess would be more inclined to not let Verna anywhere near her kid.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's a good point. Jessica may want nothing to do with the "Spider-Verse," but that wouldn't preclude her from protecting Gerry at all costs, since she knows the Inheritors, particularly Verna, would stop at nothing, either.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Of course Kaine withheld information - she doesn't know what any of the other spiders are doing - and Gwen in particular is in need of rescue. I've no doubt that if she knew the full picture she'd have found some other way to show Gerry what Spider-Woman can do. She would also maybe want to check in on Silk, who hasn't appeared in Spider-Geddon at all yet.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Good point as well about Silk. She'll probably show up near the end, if at all.
    end of spoilers

Alright so here's a question. It would seem that Jess makes it out of Spidergeddon alive (Jess has a big role in the first arc of Kelly Thompson's Captain Marvel), but the solicitation for number 3 still makes it sound like things might not turn out well for her. What do you think may happen?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Alright so here's a question. It would seem that Jess makes it out of Spidergeddon alive (Jess has a big role in the first arc of Kelly Thompson's Captain Marvel), but the solicitation for number 3 still makes it sound like things might not turn out well for her. What do you think may happen?
    She gets into a fight with Verna and lives, but has to live with knowing she did something against her moral code to beat Verna or survive against her. It's Christopher Priest, moral gray zones and doing bad things for good reasons (or even good things for bad reasons) is his specialty in trade.

That's what I'm thinking too. Though if she's the one who kills Verna (assuming Verna dies again), I don't think she'd be all that upset? I mean, she's killed before - granted it was Skrulls and they may be the exception rather than the rule, but I don't think that's the case.

I'm glad to hear that about Priest though and I think he's a good writer for Jess for that reason. Interested to see where it goes.

That's what I'm thinking too. Though if she's the one who kills Verna (assuming Verna dies again), I don't think she'd be all that upset? I mean, she's killed before - granted it was Skrulls and they may be the exception rather than the rule, but I don't think that's the case.

I'm glad to hear that about Priest though and I think he's a good writer for Jess for that reason. Interested to see where it goes.
    Probably not. It'd have to be something like using "Charlie"/Spider-Kid as bait or otherwise deliberately sacrificing him to give herself the needed shot or edge against Verna, given her love and protectiveness of her own son Gerry. I could see that haunting her for a long while, and I'm also interested to see where this goes.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 11-04-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Ohhhh. Why didn't I think of that???

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    That is very cool. Thank you for sharing it!

Hope Jess gains(regains?) flight abilities. It was one of the things I always thought was really cool about her.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Jess was only ever able to glide. It was Veranke posing as Jess who could fly I thought?

Jess was only ever able to glide. It was Veranke posing as Jess who could fly I thought?
    I think there was something that the Skrulls did to her that gave her the ability to fly but, apparently the Doctor Strange Secret Empire tie-in retconned it to that she can only glide and people confuse it for flying. Though there definitely had to have been something where she did have the ability to fly since in Marvel Ultimately Alliance, she was one of the flight capable heroes and only those who could fly had that ability.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 11-11-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I think there was something that the Skrulls did to her that gave her the ability to fly but, apparently the Doctor Strange Secret Empire tie-in retconned it to that she can only glide and people confuse it for flying. Though there definitely had to have been something where she did have the ability to fly since in Marvel Ultimately Alliance, she was one of the flight capable heroes and only those who could fly had that ability.
    In her early comic they said she was gliding...but if you look at the panels the things she was doing came off more like flight.

Such as being ground level and achieving lift along with propulsion. Another example would be her "chasing" flying foes in the air with almost equal speeds. For the longest time it was never really clear what she was doing. I half thought the writers gave her flight and just didn't explain how.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-11-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Bendis did have her flying immediately after Secret Invasion if I recall correctly, but then later sent her back to gliding. I could be remembering wrong.