Page 172 of 184 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2752

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Yeah, I'd be real disappointed if Jessica was shunted off to a Sony-verse movie like Venom and didn't have the potential to interact with any MCU characters.

I've got to say, interacting with Spider-Verse stuff isn't really my favorite thing to see Jessica doing, but I'll certainly take a Christopher Priest team book over her disappearing from comics completely.
    Agreed. I mean she has popped up her and there - it was Devin Lewis' idea to include her in Venom and Mike Costa liked her so much she included her again. I liked Priest Inhuman run, so I'm intrigued to see what he does with Jess in Spider-Force.

Well Sony has put a Silk movie into production it sounds like, so yeah, I'd be ok with Jess being in the MCU with no powers, so long as they keep what makes her Jess.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I hope she does appear in the movie. At a minimum, it'll be an excuse to finally read those original Spider-Woman stories (I have the complete series (in black and white) sitting on my shelf).
    I own most of her original series -- missing some issues in the late teens and early twenties. I just purchased the MMW featuring her first appearance in Marvel Spotlight, her appearances in Marvel Two-In-One and the first 8 issues of her own series. The character was a bit awkward in the early issues of her own magazine. I don't know if the weirdness of her opponents was a blessing or a curse. Infantino's artwork can be nice at times, but seems a bit dated. I didn't know that Marv Wolfman suggested the change in costume from skipcap to mask with open top -- but the long hair did become her signature. I think her current outfit is okay for investigative work, but I still prefer the original design which really sets her apart from a crowd on the page. The black tights and sleeves with just a bit of red -- a bit too muted for my tastes.

Anyway, it was fun to revisit those stories and seem the improved productions values. I dont' know that we'll ever get to the Claremont/Leiloha period in MMW -- being that there is a lot of crap that falls in between that potential volume and the current one. It it doesn't happen, hopefully we'll see an Epic collection.

Astonishing Member

Not to be a contrarian, but how anyone can value that Ann Nocenti/Postman run over the Claremont/Leiloha run is beyond me!

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Not to be a contrarian, but how anyone can value that Ann Nocenti/Postman run over the Claremont/Leiloha run is beyond me!

people go figure

is jessica back in san francisco?

First of all FINALLY A SPIDER-WOMAN FUNKO but it seems NYCC exclusive:
    IMG_20180918_162243.jpg

Second: I do not like how this Solicitation sounds at all. Does not bode well for Jessica.

Spider-Force #3.jpg

SPIDER-FORCE #3 (of 3)
    PRIEST (W) • PAULO SIQUEIRA (A)
    Cover by SHANE DAVIS
    A SPIDER-GEDDON TIE-IN!
    • Spider-Force is falling, one member at a time.
    • The Inheritor Verna will stop at nothing to get the Solus Crystal to bring her father back to life—and killing all of Spider-Force would be icing on the cake.
    • Will Jessica sacrifice everything to save the Multiverse?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Last edited by Seren; 09-18-2018 at 06:20 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    First of all FINALLY A SPIDER-WOMAN FUNKO but it seems NYCC exclusive:
    IMG_20180918_162243.jpg

Second: I do not like how this Solicitation sounds at all. Does not bode well for Jessica.

Spider-Force #3.jpg

SPIDER-FORCE #3 (of 3)
    PRIEST (W) • PAULO SIQUEIRA (A)
    Cover by SHANE DAVIS
    A SPIDER-GEDDON TIE-IN!
    • Spider-Force is falling, one member at a time.
    • The Inheritor Verna will stop at nothing to get the Solus Crystal to bring her father back to life—and killing all of Spider-Force would be icing on the cake.
    • Will Jessica sacrifice everything to save the Multiverse?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Oh. My. Gosh! I will have to have that Pop!

Same. I entered the Funko Lottery. Hope I get in.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I hate that Spider-Woman pop is an exclusive. I need to have it!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    You can't guarantee that those characters were available to use. Black cat was showing up in Silk for example, therefore she was most likely unavailable for Spider-Woman.

That said, Black Cat showing up in Silk didn't really help bc Silk lasted only a couple of months after Spider-Woman.

Maybe it would have drummed up readers for a little bit but having more popular characters show up in Spider-Woman isn't a long term solution.

And I don't think Jess has much in common with Peter at all. The less she has to do with him the better
    . And Logan was considered dead while her series was being written.

Now Jess Drew not being included in the hunt for Wolverine...I feel like that's a damned shame. She has far more history with Logan than Jessica Jones does,(in my opinion anyway). But Jones was the one included in the story.
    Friendship development between Jessica and Peter is no different from Deadpool and Spider-Man. Just because there's little history doesn't mean that new pathways can't be established. Nothing is ever constant. Besides that, according to a recent back issues of Silk, Spidey tells Cindy that Jessica contacts him all the time to talk, off panel. I do believe that Spider-Man and Jessica's unique skills and powers could work well together. It's all about the right story to go on with a common enemy like Hobgoblin or Carnage.

I do agree that using popular character is not a long term solution. But the character's role to the story is. Especially if he helps the protagonist in a supporting role that doesn't take anything away from the character. I really wished that Hopeless had used the Black Cat in the pages of Spider-Woman, since that was a meeting that I wanted to see. But Slott had to create Silk, who took the potential thunder away from Jessica Drew's series.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-25-2018 at 01:26 AM.

I miss Roger....

couple.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I miss Roger....

couple.jpg
    I hope Christopher Priest at least touches on him in Spider-Force.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Anyone know if we’re going to get another Jessica series soon? I’ve been a fan since the Claremont run, and extremely enjoyed the Hopeless runs. Especially the Rodriguez art.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Anyone know if we’re going to get another Jessica series soon? I’ve been a fan since the Claremont run, and extremely enjoyed the Hopeless runs. Especially the Rodriguez art.
    Closest we're getting is Spider-Force and the solicitation for #3 doesn't sound promising for her.

If you want another Jess Series you need to write Marvel At spideyoffice@marvel.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I miss Roger....

couple.jpg
    What a shame. Hopeless did such a great job with Roger's characterization and now he's all but vanished. I wonder if he and Jess are still together. I thought he would surface somewhere else but that never happened. He would make a great Thunderbolt.

Jess deserves her own mag. Marvel lets titles barely selling 8K continue but Spider-Woman gets cancelled. She was consistent in the 20K plus range for quite awhile. If I remember correctly her lowest sales were in the 12K range.