Page 37 of 184 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

As seen in Silk today, Jess must be glad not to have that baby in her anymore judging by how fast she hit the bar. Also seems she and Cindy get together for brunch pretty often. Nice to see that in spite of her in initial reaction to her, Jess has come to have a friendship with her.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 02-24-2016 at 08:09 PM.

There aas a note that Silk #5 takes place after the events of Spider-Woman #5 - but I have to admit, I felt a bit of glee to see Jess and Bobbi hangin' out and throwin' shots back.

Even momma needs a break sometimes.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    As seen in Silk today, Jess must be glad not to have that baby in her anymore judging by how fast she hit the bar. Also seems she and Cindy get together for brunch pretty often. Nice to see that in spite of her in initial reaction to her, Jess has come to have a friendship with her.
    I just picked this issues up because of what you said here. I could not have been more delighted at the sight of Jess and Bobbi off drinking together.

I know right? That totally made my day! It's also been confirmed via this issue that Silk and Jess are about the same age (though Bobbi, I think you're their age too!!).

And Javier Rodriguez posted some pencils from Spider-Woman #8 on his instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCQfoFySDGb/
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I know right? That totally made my day! It's also been confirmed via this issue that Silk and Jess are about the same age (though Bobbi, I think you're their age too!!).

And Javier Rodriguez posted some pencils from Spider-Woman #8 on his instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCQfoFySDGb/
    Wouldn't that put Jessica in her late twenties, then? Unless Cindy's older than Peter, which she could be . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Apparently in the previous volume of Amazing SPider-Man it was stated that Peter was 28 ...so I'd assume if he and Cindy were classmates they are around the same age. I'd peg Jess as around 30-31 but that's still in a similar age bracket.

Who knows. I headcannon them all in their early 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Wouldn't that put Jessica in her late twenties, then? Unless Cindy's older than Peter, which she could be . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Apparently in the previous volume of Amazing SPider-Man it was stated that Peter was 28 ...so I'd assume if he and Cindy were classmates they are around the same age. I'd peg Jess as around 30-31 but that's still in a similar age bracket.

Who knows. I headcannon them all in their early 30s.
    When Bendis put out his 'Spider-Woman: Origins' mini a few years ago, it clearly stated her age as 30. (The flashback to her birth was labelled as "30 years ago"). That would probably make her 31-32 by now.

... of course, that Origins book was full of retcons. And a lot of Bendis's retcons have since been unretconned. So... whether or not that number is valid is anybody's guess. (In some versions of her origin, she spent a lot of time frozen in stasis so while she's biologically 30, she might be chronologically older (and I'd argue emotionally younger)).

Still... she seems to be written in the "around 30ish" ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    When Bendis put out his 'Spider-Woman: Origins' mini a few years ago, it clearly stated her age as 30. (The flashback to her birth was labelled as "30 years ago"). That would probably make her 31-32 by now.

... of course, that Origins book was full of retcons. And a lot of Bendis's retcons have since been unretconned. So... whether or not that number is valid is anybody's guess. (In some versions of her origin, she spent a lot of time frozen in stasis so while she's biologically 30, she might be chronologically older (and I'd argue emotionally younger)).

Well there you have. Works for me!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post

Yeah, and in the original version from her first appearances, if I'm not remembering wrong, she was physically 17, chronologically at least a few decades older, and mentally, she'd likely still have the mindset of the approximately 8- or 9-year-old girl she was when her father sealed her in that genetic accelerator to save her life from uranium poisoning with his spider-blood serum. Given that her first appearance was published almost forty years ago, in Marvel time, 10 years would have passed since then, maybe 11 if you count the eight-month time-skip post-Secret Wars and the eight-month time-skip to shortly before the final Incursion in the Avengers books and the Last Days issues. In that case, she would physically be in her late twenties, roughly in the same company as Peter and Cindy.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I really liked issue 4. Though I am a bit disappointed we didn't get to see her name the baby.

Yeah I was a bit too. I hope we find out the baby's name in issue #5 (which I think is pretty much a given.)

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I bet it will be Gerry.

Just read New Duds. Easily my favorite collection of 2015.

andrew Kwan sw.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Just read New Duds. Easily my favorite collection of 2015.
    Liked this quite a bit but not my favorite of 2015 (Lazarus:Conclave won that spot). However, this current arc, Shifiting Gears according to the solicits for the TPB, is on track to be one of my top collections of this year.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Just read New Duds. Easily my favorite MARVEL collection of 2015.
    Fixed.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."