Page 137 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2752
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I'd rather.... "What if Veranke didn't die?"

what? I like Skrulls. I absolutely loathe how heroes who are so big on not killing just massacre them. :/
    According to Reed Richards, they're an evil race with no goodness in them.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    According to Reed Richards, they're an evil race with no goodness in them.
    That's utterly unbelievable, especially given that he's SEEN them do otherwise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    That's utterly unbelievable, especially given that he's SEEN them do otherwise.
    In the John Byrne run, this comes up a lot, especially after the destruction of the Skrull homeworld. I keep thinking of poor Princess Anelle.

Part of why I liked Veranke. She had a heroic and noble goal. She wanted to make life better for her race. Granted her methods were questionable, but the idea was a good one.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I still stand by loving the new costume 100%. I love the old one too but I think the new one is better. In regards to them Marketing Jess - I'm not sure what the hell is going on there. Because in the video games at least she ALWAYS has her new suit (Marvel Tsum Tsum, Avengers academy etc). But in the toys is always the old one. I DON"T KNOW WHY. If DC can get away marketing the likes of Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy to young girls then Disney can certainly do it with Jess and I think her newer suit is better for it. Although with the news coming out of SDCC earlier today - Marvel's marketing to girl's toys is changing.

I actually liked Jessica as a PI for a bit but with Jones back on the scene I do agree it's a bit redundant - which is probably part of the reason her book was canceled (It was still fantastic and very underrated though and that annoys me. Yes I absolutely love Jess as a mother and while I like Roger I'm not 100% on her relationship with him, though I could see why it was done). I'm not a fan of Jess moving on to the more Spider-side of things, which you can see more and more that she's doing. I"m very glad to see her teaming up with Strange and the Defenders though. At least they aren't Spider-people. Nothing against the Spider Family but even though Jess has Spider in her name she does better away from them. I did notice that they moved Jess from the Avengers Marvel to the Spidey Office after the costume change though which I find interesting.
    You may love it, but part of my point I alluded to though never quite said is her new uniform isn't good enough. It can't compete with Spider-Gwen.

I think we all agree Jessica should be moved back to the Avengers office and out of the Spidey offices. Oh and it was Nick Lowe while he was in the Spidey Office who ordered the outfit change the second she moved editorial. Then he got Spider-Gwens design and forgot all about Jessica...

Anyways I just want Jessica back with her friends and in an outfit that can compete with Spider-Gwen. She needs it or she'll be set aside because on one side Jessica Jones is hogging all the attention and on the other Gwen is doing so. The Avengers/Secret Avengers, Shield, and with her friends Captain Marvel and Natasha Romanoff are places she can stand out and not compete with the two current darlings who have taken attention away from Jessica.

As to her being a mom... they should have used Julia Carpenter or Jessica Jones for such stories. Jessica has hated kids for years... but as the saying goes damage is done, no point getting hung up too much on it. Im not a fan of Roger outside of that last run, as I don't see him working in the roles I think she should be in but maybe some writer can figure out something I'm not seeing. Oh, and I do want to see who her kids dad is because the MC2 gave Gerry damaged dna due to Jessica's dna, so it stands to reason as Gerry's dna is fine the father of Gerry in 616 vs MC2 might be very interesting. At least I'm seeing a plot possiblity there.
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordRyus View Post
    You may love it, but part of my point I alluded to though never quite said is her new uniform isn't good enough. It can't compete with Spider-Gwen.

I think we all agree Jessica should be moved back to the Avengers office and out of the Spidey offices. Oh and it was Nick Lowe while he was in the Spidey Office who ordered the outfit change the second she moved editorial. Then he got Spider-Gwens design and forgot all about Jessica...

Anyways I just want Jessica back with her friends and in an outfit that can compete with Spider-Gwen. She needs it or she'll be set aside because on one side Jessica Jones is hogging all the attention and on the other Gwen is doing so. The Avengers/Secret Avengers, Shield, and with her friends Captain Marvel and Natasha Romanoff are places she can stand out and not compete with the two current darlings who have taken attention away from Jessica.

As to her being a mom... they should have used Julia Carpenter or Jessica Jones for such stories. Jessica has hated kids for years... but as the saying goes damage is done, no point getting hung up too much on it. Im not a fan of Roger outside of that last run, as I don't see him working in the roles I think she should be in but maybe some writer can figure out something I'm not seeing. Oh, and I do want to see who her kids dad is because the MC2 gave Gerry damaged dna due to Jessica's dna, so it stands to reason as Gerry's dna is fine the father of Gerry in 616 vs MC2 might be very interesting. At least I'm seeing a plot possiblity there.
    Gwen and Jessica Jones are definitely competitors who pull attention away from Jessica. And Carol and Natasha will have the movies to bring them to prominence and even Bobbi has at least Agents of SHIELD at this point. Jessica has very little exposure even outside of comics right now. She definitely needs a great new costume. I'm not even a big Spider-Gwen fan but I'm in love with her costume. Even in the game Disney Infinity, before it was cancelled, was going to create a Spider-Gwen figure even though the game is notorious for just using MCU characters and not comic ones.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

This has been my feeling for a while, well since they were both announced...Jess' new costume and Spider-Gwen. Gwen got the really sharp outfit and Jess got...a jacket and leggings. I always wondered the investment that Marvel had in Jessica Drew as a character to give her such a bland costume, however..wasn't it designed by Kris Anka? I have never gotten Marvel's fascination with him as a designer, they are quite dull. Sadly I dont see Marvel going back to Spider-Woman as a series any time soon (especially under the Spider office) and I dont see them caring about her character enough to move her to a different office.

So how about some fan wishing...how would you design a costume for Jess? Any suggestions or offerings?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    This has been my feeling for a while, well since they were both announced...Jess' new costume and Spider-Gwen. Gwen got the really sharp outfit and Jess got...a jacket and leggings. I always wondered the investment that Marvel had in Jessica Drew as a character to give her such a bland costume, however..wasn't it designed by Kris Anka? I have never gotten Marvel's fascination with him as a designer, they are quite dull. Sadly I dont see Marvel going back to Spider-Woman as a series any time soon (especially under the Spider office) and I dont see them caring about her character enough to move her to a different office.

So how about some fan wishing...how would you design a costume for Jess? Any suggestions or offerings?
    I'd be interested in seeing what other people have to offer as well? Also do you guys think she should stick to her classic colors of red, yellow, and black or switch it up a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing what other people have to offer as well? Also do you guys think she should stick to her classic colors of red, yellow, and black or switch it up a bit?
    I would definitely keep the color scheme. I think there's a certain degree of importance to remaining "on brand" so to speak. It's one of those things that often carries on beyond the costume.

I've seen a fan-drawing of Jess' new costume with classic mask and it looked fantastic.

Here.
    4782813-spiderwoman_by_yamaorce-d95i12b.jpg

It wasn't broke so there was no need to fix it. I agree with those who would like Jessica back in her old costume. Then again I have no problem with her being sexualized while she fights crime, she is a sexy character I don't see the issue with that. As for the colors, the red, black and yellow are perfect, that's the one thing her new costume got right, but it's too dark.

There is a wrestler called Rachael Ellering who uses the same colors once in a while and her attire really pops

My main problem with her new costume is that she had such a recognizable look and now she has been surpassed design-wise by these

If they're not going to go back to the old one, then I would like a redesign that uses more yellow on the lower half of her costume, similar to how the wrestler done it. And yep those goggles have to go.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I agree this is an excellent adaptation of her current outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I've seen a fan-drawing of Jess' new costume with classic mask and it looked fantastic.

Here.
    Cool!!!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post

Here.
    Damn, that looks incredible!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Ever since I read Guardians Team-Up #1, this is all I can think about whenever I see Spider-Woman's old costume. I'm sorry ^^;;

Attachment 51844
    LOL! But on the other hand compare Jess in these panels to say the image in Danielsan52's avatar...it's not the costume that's the problem, it's the way some artists draw their female characters.

Having said that, I'm a big fan of Art Adam's 80's and 90's work, but some of the stuff he's done in recent years has me doing a double take.