Page 1 of 184 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) Appreciation - "To Know Her is to Fear Her"

Agent Double Agent Private Eye Super Hero Avenger Spider-Woman
    Jessica Drew Appreciation Thread!
    Home for Fans of the Original Spider-Woman!

"To know her is to fear her..."
    (Hail Hydra!)

And here is a fresh new thread to show a little love for everybody's favorite Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew!

For starters, Spider-Woman played a major role in one of the best one-shot Avengers stories of all time, Avengers Annual #10! The story opened with Jessica saving an unconscious Carol Danvers from a murder attempt by ROGUE! So many important firsts in one story! Not to mention, Jessica made a solid showing of her smarts and skills. A particular favorite was the way she smoothly evaded Mystique's ambush!

I honestly think she has one of the best superhero costumes of all time. Sure it's a bit silver agey in design but she is very recognisable.

Any thoughts on the speculation that Spider Woman will be revealed on the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tv series, kiddos?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Any thoughts on the speculation that Spider Woman will be revealed on the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tv series, kiddos?
    What. Is this actual speculation, or fan dreamland speculation? Meh. Either way I hope it happens. Jess deserves more exposure, and she's a natural fit for the direction the show has been going.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    What. Is this actual speculation, or fan dreamland speculation? Meh. Either way I hope it happens. Jess deserves more exposure, and she's a natural fit for the direction the show has been going.
    Its fan speculation, of course. They theorize that Skye will be revealed to be Jessica Drew, since she's not revealed her identity, she's allegedly got powers, and her parents exerimented on her or something as a baby.

Its fan speculation, of course. They theorize that Skye will be revealed to be Jessica Drew, since she's not revealed her identity, she's allegedly got powers, and her parents exerimented on her or something as a baby.
    I really, really (really really really really) don't think that's going to happen. I think in the end... Skye is going to turn out to be...

...Skye.

They've taken some creative liberties with characters like Deathlok, which is easy... since there's been multiple Deathloks and he/they isn't a very high profile character anyway. But, I don't see them bringing a (relatively) known and high profile character like Jessica and bringing her in as someone else.

Whoa that'd actually be pretty cool if it did turn out to be Jessica. We can only hope. Love to see her in Avengers 3, that is if Marvel Studios has the rights to her and not Sony

OH. That's weird. I do not approve. If they were going to bring in ex-Hydra, ex-SHIELD, all awesome Jessica Drew, then absolutely, go for it, but Skye is better off being Skye.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

That'd be cool to see, though I wouldn't want her to turn out to be Skye. I just personally don't think that'd work. Plus Jessica is supposed to be from UK lol.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by Tangent Man View Post
    For starters, Spider-Woman played a major role in one of the best one-shot Avengers stories of all time, Avengers Annual #10! The story opened with Jessica saving an unconscious Carol Danvers from a murder attempt by ROGUE! So many important firsts in one story! Not to mention, Jessica made a solid showing of her smarts and skills. A particular favorite was the way she smoothly evaded Mystique's ambush!
    Yay, new Jess thread!

Y'know, this reminds me of, I think, X-men #203 where Rachel fights the Beyonder. In it, Rogue recalls with tears and regret, her assassination attempt on Carol and ruining both of them. However, Jess is in this issue too, seemingly hanging out with the X-men. Since we know that she knows what Rogue did to Carol, what was going through her mind being near her? Today, I would expect hostile civility to the one that tried to kill your BFF, but back then?

As for Skye being Jess....man, that'd be awesome. SHIELD is a fine show but it could take a nod or two from Arrow and actual 'Marvel' up their TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    Y'know, this reminds me of, I think, X-men #203 where Rachel fights the Beyonder. In it, Rogue recalls with tears and regret, her assassination attempt on Carol and ruining both of them. However, Jess is in this issue too, seemingly hanging out with the X-men. Since we know that she knows what Rogue did to Carol, what was going through her mind being near her? Today, I would expect hostile civility to the one that tried to kill your BFF, but back then?
    I think that's one of those things I almost have to just write off as careless writing/editing... just failing to connect points A and B. But I also think the closeness between Carol and Jess was sort of established in retrospect. Outside of AA #10... there wasn't any significant interaction between them for years on panel.

... have we ever seen Jessica really react to Rogue regarding Carol?

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    As for Skye being Jess....man, that'd be awesome. SHIELD is a fine show but it could take a nod or two from Arrow and actual 'Marvel' up their TV show.
    If Jess were to be on the show, I think I'd prefer if they just introduced her as herself... instead of this weird blending of identity. I'd love to see more comic-based characters, but I'd like to see them actually be themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    That'd be cool to see, though I wouldn't want her to turn out to be Skye. I just personally don't think that'd work. Plus Jessica is supposed to be from UK lol.
    I once fancast Freema Agyeman as Jessica Drew and now I can't unsee it. Freema was so amazingly badass in Doctor Who. She has the snark and confidence that would be perfect for Spider-woman. Plus, it's a nod to Jessica's British heritage

Extraordinary Member

I could live with Sky as Jessica.

Fant.jpg
    But I'd really love to see Rebecca Hall.