Page 11 of 184 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    I'm okay with the redesign and glad Greg Land is leaving (since now I can buy this book). The new art appeals to me in the sense that I find it aesthetically pleasing? But I'm not sure that I'm feeling Spider-Woman from it. She's smiling in all the preview pages and just seems like a go-getter young hero, instead of the darker, self-loathing sort of street hero, which Jessica Drew is. I hope the art can convey that side of the character, too.
    She looks like a teenager.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Jessica featured amongst Spiderwomen on a Spider-Gwen variant cover by Humberto Ramos
    image.jpg
    (Ascribing her -power inappropriate- webs to artistic license since Ramos is mimicking an all Spider-men cover of his own design...could be worse...she could be put in the Manara-esque pose that the female Scarlet Spider finds herself in!)

BANNED

I think Jessica Drew should be in the Captain Marvel movie. Who agrees with me?

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

Just wanted to say that one good thing from Spider-Verse is that I've fallen head over heels for Jessica Drew and really reading her for the first time. I'm loving this volume of Spider-Woman and can't wait to see what Hopeless does with her. Going to try to go back and get some of the early comics she's in and stuff. Love this character!
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

it's way past time for a new solo animated series.

Ultimate Member

Or Agents of SHIELD, or a Netflix show, or Infinity War, etc. Hell they're already making HYDRA a super-huge deal/threat in the MCU and both Baron Strucker in the movies and Daniel Whitehall on AOS seem interested in "evolving" humanity. So there's your potential origin story right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    I am kind of hoping that Carrie-Anne Moss's unnamed character in the Jessica Jones show turns out to be Jessica Drew and that she'll show up again in Captain Marvel.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    I am kind of hoping that Carrie-Anne Moss's unnamed character in the Jessica Jones show turns out to be Jessica Drew and that she'll show up again in Captain Marvel.
    The ONLY concern I have about Carrie Anne playing Jessica is that she is 47 years old. Certainly not saying she couldn't pull it off, but that is pushing the opportunity for a long term run on the character (three to ten years the way they plan movies out these days.)

As for the slight change of direction in the series, I welcome the direction but look at the art with an un-impressed eye. I would have much rather had an artist with a less...I'm not even sure the word I am looking for. It's like Marvel had critical success with Hawkeye and is now trying the same artistic stab with different characters. Spider Woman is a character that would work much better with an artist like Dexter Soy or even Guillem March.

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    My thoughts are similar mostly due to the fact I can "hear" Moss delivering Drew's into monologue from Alias in superior fashion.
    image.jpg image.jpg

But I also think they would go younger with the role of Jessica if they intend to have longevity in the role, then again how old was RDJr when he was cast in Iron Man? My next guess would be Dakota North...but I digress....
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-25-2015 at 06:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Cover for the May issue... Good to see some offbeat Villains being used in her rogues gallery.
    Attachment 17952
    I will leave my concerns over in the Spider Forum so as not to derail the Appreciation
    http://community.comicbookresources....is-Title/page3
    Big Wheel I know of and know he's made an appearance somewhere else in the past decade, was it Civil War or Dark Reign?
    Kangaroo and Goldbug I know of but honestly I'm drawing a blank on the other three.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Nah. I think that Jessica Drew would fit in better in Spider-Man's world as a Private Detective who knows everything there is about Peter Parker and his parents history. Carol, on the other hand, could fit in better with the Avengers in relation to SHIELD/SWORD operations in connection to Area 51(Guardians of the Galaxy). In other words, Carol could become head of U.S. Department of Interstellar Relations.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Jessica featured amongst Spiderwomen on a Spider-Gwen variant cover by Humberto Ramos
    image.jpg
    (Ascribing her -power inappropriate- webs to artistic license since Ramos is mimicking an all Spider-men cover of his own design...could be worse...she could be put in the Manara-esque pose that the female Scarlet Spider finds herself in!)

I think that Jessica has always wanted webshooters of her very own. We might see them incorporated into her new costume. Noticed Felicity Hardy(MC2 Scarlet Spider) and her mother's 616 counterpart in the background(aka Evil Black Cat)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    I'm okay with the redesign and glad Greg Land is leaving (since now I can buy this book). The new art appeals to me in the sense that I find it aesthetically pleasing? But I'm not sure that I'm feeling Spider-Woman from it. She's smiling in all the preview pages and just seems like a go-getter young hero, instead of the darker, self-loathing sort of street hero, which Jessica Drew is. I hope the art can convey that side of the character, too.
    Spider-Man has shown her the Light, which has a way to brighten her dark personality. There are way too many dark, self-loathing sort of street heroes already.

Invincible Member

I read #5 today and really enjoyed it. Decent set up. Nice art. Neat little mystery.This really should have been issue #1.

I just picked up Spuder Woman #5 and loved it! While I like the art, I wish Jessica was drawn more womanly and not so teenage like. Her costume has grown on me, and although the classic costume will always be my favorite look for Jessica, I do like the new uniform and its functionality. I like the direction they have given her away from the Avengers/shield.hydra etc, at least for a while. It was a really fun read for my favorite Non Mutant Marvel Lady. The only thing I wish from the new costume is that her boots went up a little higher with yellow trim to break the black up a bit when she is in superhero mode. I went ahead and drew them higher just add some more proportion and pay homage to the original length of her classic costume boots.
    Attached Images Attached Images