Page 162 of 184 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2752
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh. It's actually established that she WANTS webs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    XD of course she does. Although that reads nto me like Jess is telling Peter we can't always get what we want? Either way, I love that exchange between them.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Agreed. I don't think it was a really serious statement of want... more just countering him saying he wants a skrull detector. And I, too, always found this exchange amusing.
    I love their banter. They should team up more often so they can banter more often. Hell, with the whole Hunt for Wolverine going on, and given that Jessica is friends (somewhat) with Logan, too, shouldn't she be in The Adamantium Agenda or teaming up with the X-Ladies in Madripoor?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That's what I'm saying but apparently the author forgot that. Kinda bums me out.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Attachment 65246

Found on yamaorce.deviantart.com. Hope this helps.
    Fuck, just the mask alone made the costume so much better.

Huh. It's actually established that she WANTS webs.
    I think she's just joking here.

It's also funny how easy it is to tell this is Bendis lol.

I love their banter. They should team up more often so they can banter more often. Hell, with the whole Hunt for Wolverine going on, and given that Jessica is friends (somewhat) with Logan, too, shouldn't she be in The Adamantium Agenda or teaming up with the X-Ladies in Madripoor?
    Adamantium Agenda is part of the old Bendis New Avengers team, which Jessica was on, so yes, she should.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I always imagined her using web shooters not to swing from or trap things in .... but to channel her venom blasts more accurately.

That's what I'm saying but apparently the author forgot that. Kinda bums me out.
    Yeah, same here.

Adamantium Agenda is part of the old Bendis New Avengers team, which Jessica was on, so yes, she should.
    Glad I'm not alone in this, then.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I always imagined her using web shooters not to swing from or trap things in .... but to channel her venom blasts more accurately.
    That could actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Has any Marvel character ever went from such a great costume to such bad one? The original costume is perfection...
    I much prefer the new one, though I love the old one too. We have this conversation a lot in this thread
    The costume conversation deserves a thread of its own. I hate to see (and participate) Appreciation threads for female heroes that constantly drift overwhelming back to discussions of costume fashion and hair. It feels sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I think that more than a couple of Kris Anka's pitches for that new costume had a mask involved (or some kind of mechanism where the sunglasses expanded into a mask similar to Carol's costume), but Marvel went with the glasses since I guess they don't like masks anymore.

I think all their heroes that currently don't have masks and used to have them would look way better if they got masks again.
    Its the Cinematic effect, unfortunately. Remember you can keep the FUN in FUNctional!
    But yeah, the sunglasses were meant to expand into a mask per Anka design.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The costume conversation deserves a thread of its own. I hate to see (and participate) Appreciation threads for female heroes that constantly drift overwhelming back to discussions of costume fashion and hair. It feels sexist.

Its the Cinematic effect, unfortunately. Remember you can keep the FUN in FUNctional!
    But yeah, the sunglasses were meant to expand into a mask per Anka design.
    I think the problem is that for most of comics history, costumes for female characters, heroes or villains, weren't made to be practical or sensible; they were made in many cases simply to display desirable female physical attributes, practicality or sensibility be damned. As of the last decade or so, there has been a significant shift toward emphasizing female characters, heroes and villains alike, as being capable of more than just eye candy for what's presumed to be a primarily male readership/fandom, never mind the (surprisingly) high percentage of women in said readership, hence costumes that are more tactical or militaristic or just plain more modest than in the past. Of course, for those who enjoyed the earlier costumes, the newer costumes are "boring" and/or "ugly," never mind the greater (or more pervasive) ugliness implicit in how female characters' costumes were designed largely for certain kinds of physical or visual appeal.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I think the problem is that for most of comics history, costumes for female characters, heroes or villains, weren't made to be practical or sensible; they were made in many cases simply to display desirable female physical attributes, practicality or sensibility be damned. As of the last decade or so, there has been a significant shift toward emphasizing female characters, heroes and villains alike, as being capable of more than just eye candy for what's presumed to be a primarily male readership/fandom, never mind the (surprisingly) high percentage of women in said readership, hence costumes that are more tactical or militaristic or just plain more modest than in the past. Of course, for those who enjoyed the earlier costumes, the newer costumes are "boring" and/or "ugly," never mind the greater (or more pervasive) ugliness implicit in how female characters' costumes were designed largely for certain kinds of physical or visual appeal.
    Superhero costumes regardless of the gender of who's wearing it have always been designed to be visually appealing. Spider-Woman's older costume technically covered more than her current "costume". The redesign came from a backlash towards Milo Manara's odd variant cover.

Jess was well on the way to getting a new costume before the Anka design was even debuted though. They had Anka working on them right around SDCC.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    Superhero costumes regardless of the gender of who's wearing it have always been designed to be visually appealing. Spider-Woman's older costume technically covered more than her current "costume". The redesign came from a backlash towards Milo Manara's odd variant cover.
    Point, though I would say that all Milo Manara's variant cover did was draw more attention to something that had been a serious issue with Jessica's costume for a good while, anyway, albeit not addressed until Manara's variant forced Marvel to do so publicly. Really wish it hadn't come to that, but sometimes, the only way to get a company to listen and make changes for (possibly) better is for someone to go too far for members of the consuming public not to force the company to address (or redress) the problem.

Jess was well on the way to getting a new costume before the Anka design was even debuted though. They had Anka working on them right around SDCC.
    Hmm, really? SDCC 2014? Considering her new costume technically first debuted in the mobile game Spider-Man Unlimited, shortly before it appeared in her comic series, I could see that happening. Did he show any preliminary sketches or something like that there?

That makes sense, because the costume was probably designed before issue 1 was drawn, but it couldn't be used at first, because the series launched as a Spider-Verse tie-in.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He stated on Twitter that he began the design in July 2014. Maybe not necessarily SDCC but still.

https://twitter.com/kristaferanka/st...258055682?s=19

He stated on Twitter that he began the design in July 2014. Maybe not necessarily SDCC but still.

https://twitter.com/kristaferanka/st...258055682?s=19
    Thanks for the clarification.

Former Spider-Woman artist Veronica Fish is doing an AMA: https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...or_dark_horse/