Page 176 of 184 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2752

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Yas. I went off Carol Danvers for a long time, bit I think K.Thompson will pull me back in. Absolutely ecstatic that Jess is involved. Someone put her on the Avengers again please.

And go back to the old uniform, or shake things up a bit. I still love the compromise between the two looksAttachment 71639
    I’ve always adored this piece. Best of both worlds.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I actually think the design on the preview is still her glasses... just expended out to a mask like anka intended.
    Looks like that middle ground fan art everyone loves
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I'm not convinced. Here is Ankas concept art for her glasses and new suit.spider-woman-redesign51.jpg
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Yeah, it's just drawn as slightly bulkier glasses as Anka intended. Her forehead is exposed.

For anyone that wants a recap of Jessica's life and powers: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Jessica_Drew_(Earth-616)

My only thing is - I thought Jessica's identity has been known to the public since Secret Invasion?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

For anyone that wants a recap of Jessica's life and powers: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Jessica_Drew_(Earth-616)

My only thing is - I thought Jessica's identity has been known to the public since Secret Invasion?
    Even if they say it's not, it's hard to argue that. With her face plastered all over the media as the Skrull Queen... seems like that cat is very, very far out of the bag.

Hopeless certainly never wrote her as having any kind of secret identity.

Astonishing Member

I'm not convinced. Here is Ankas concept art for her glasses and new suit.spider-woman-redesign51.jpg
    I've always maintained that she should use that outfit for investigative work -- but if she's hanging around with the Avengers and fighting super-villains -- the classic outfit stands out better on the page. It's a unique design -- whereas Anka's is kinda generic, thoug I do like how he incorporated the spidery elements on her torso. Those glider wings, however -- please! Way too small.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Those glider wings, however -- please! Way too small.
    I have always preferred the huge glider wing like Brian Postman drew.
    611144DF-FB06-41E1-891F-F4597A19AB03.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Even if they say it's not, it's hard to argue that. With her face plastered all over the media as the Skrull Queen... seems like that cat is very, very far out of the bag.
    Agreed. Also agreeing with Frontier.

I think whoever the cover artist for Spider-Force #3 is got the memo on the webwings.

Spider-Force #3.jpg
    Last edited by Seren; 10-28-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good news, Kelly Thompson's taking over Captain Marvel and it's confirmed that Jessica will appear!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/02/a...ic-series.html
    It would be great if Thompson can reconnect Carol with both Jessica and Peter Parker respectively...

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I've always maintained that she should use that outfit for investigative work -- but if she's hanging around with the Avengers and fighting super-villains -- the classic outfit stands out better on the page. It's a unique design -- whereas Anka's is kinda generic, thoug I do like how he incorporated the spidery elements on her torso. Those glider wings, however -- please! Way too small.
    Yea I definitely agree. The current outfit could work with street level or even spy work but doesn’t really work well for big time superheroing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea I definitely agree. The current outfit could work with street level or even spy work but doesn’t really work well for big time superheroing.
    While I thought nothing was wrong with her original costume....I think this her current costume works for both. Which makes it in some ways a better option since it initially shows " Hey this character is versatile. She can fit with a group like Cage or Daredevil but she can also run with the Avengers"

This picture Seren posted makes it pretty clear that the suit does work in a "superhero" setting
    It looks dead on as a super suit. You can barely tell that its a jacket that she is wearing. The costume works for both settings which makes it unique while playing homage to her older self/costume.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Personally, I can’t find that it works well as an Avengers level suit because it’s just too street level in appearance as opposed to feeling like a superhero suit. And while here it may be harder to tell it’s a jacket, far too many artists do the same thing that they ended up doing with Hawkeye’s costume and simply it to the point that it just looks like she’s wearing street cloths or even a prototype of a costume, even keeping the sunglasses mask as just a pair of sunglasses. Now if she had 2 separate costumes for different occasions, even if she didn’t go back to her old costume, she could have a more superhero version of her current one like this:

Luke Cage was on the Avengers in jeans and a t-shirt and no one complained about him being too street level.
    Last edited by Seren; 10-29-2018 at 01:44 PM.