Page 2 of 184 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Rebecca Hall already played a character in IM 3, so she's probably off the table at this point. I also subscribe to the theory that Skye might turn out to be Jessica. It would fit and explain some things about her character. HYDRA being so heavily involved only makes me think it even more. Plus, she's an obscure enough character to the non-comic book reading public that they could probably get away with having her in a TV show, or at least introducing her there. Also, didn't someone at Marvel recently heavily imply that Jessica might be getting her own book later on this year? I'm pretty sure that someone did.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I had heard about that Marvel were apparently thinking about releasing a Spider Woman book later this year, don't know if there's any truth in it though. As for Skye ending up being Jessica....I'll agree to disagree with you.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Rebecca Hall already played a character in IM 3, so she's probably off the table at this point. I also subscribe to the theory that Skye might turn out to be Jessica. It would fit and explain some things about her character. HYDRA being so heavily involved only makes me think it even more. Plus, she's an obscure enough character to the non-comic book reading public that they could probably get away with having her in a TV show, or at least introducing her there. Also, didn't someone at Marvel recently heavily imply that Jessica might be getting her own book later on this year? I'm pretty sure that someone did.
    I admit, thats a shame.

BANNED

Skye does seem pretty adept at getting men to do what she wants them to. Of course, most hot women can do that anyway, but that's one of Jessica's neat
    little tricks. It could be feasible, but I just don't think it's going to work out that way. I support the theory, though. I like both characters, so it would be a good
    deal all around.

Extraordinary Member

Especially as HYDRA have become more prominent in the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Skye does seem pretty adept at getting men to do what she wants them to. Of course, most hot women can do that anyway
    I never noticed that. Excuse me, I promised to wash Lisas car.

I'm hoping for a Jessica Drew Marvel Now solo. I have a hard time believing Marvel only wants two Spider books out there (given how many Avengers and X-titles they publish). Spider-Woman is one of the more versatile characters Marvel has, they are so many different directions they can take her and so many things they could do with the book. I know Kelly Sue Deconnick is the popular pick there but I hope they don't pick her as I really don't like her writer voice at all.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

I agree that Spider-Woman should get a solo. She is a character I believe is now strong enough to have one. Perhaps it could spin out of Original Sin. While I do like the Jess/Carol friendship, yeah I'd like to see another writer take a crack at Spider-Woman who hasn't before and could potentially be great at it.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. I also hope we get one really soon.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I had heard about that Marvel were apparently thinking about releasing a Spider Woman book later this year, don't know if there's any truth in it though. As for Skye ending up being Jessica....I'll agree to disagree with you.
    If they do make a Spider-Woman book, that would be so awesome!!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    If they do make a Spider-Woman book, that would be so awesome!!
    Quoted in agreement. I think I've said this earlier but I'd like Kelly Sue DeConnick to have a crack at it.

she needs to return to animation immediately. Another solo series is appropriate. She hasn't been used since the 1979 show.

Ultimate Member

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=51819

Here's a Q&A from ECCC. This last part is really intriguing:

Last question, from a fan in Spider-Woman cosplay: Will there be a "Spider-Woman" series soon? "Let's just say later in the year, you'll be very happy," Cebulski answered.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Quoted in agreement. I think I've said this earlier but I'd like Kelly Sue DeConnick to have a crack at it.
    I kind of agree and kind of don't.

I adore KSD's work. That's no secret. But admittedly, if Jess does get a solo book... I'd like it to take on a somewhat darker tone than KSD usually writes her with. She's gone there a little with Jess, like with some of her Infinity appearances, but not too much.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=51819

Here's a Q&A from ECCC. This last part is really intriguing:

Last question, from a fan in Spider-Woman cosplay: Will there be a "Spider-Woman" series soon? "Let's just say later in the year, you'll be very happy," Cebulski answered.
    Awesome!
    Give her to Frank Cho!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."