Page 4 of 184 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I dont think any of her regular rogues have anything at all to do with Spider-Man, actually. Despite how much you really wish it to be, SW and most of her regular cast have never really done much with Spider Man at all.
    True. But the Brothers Grim, Skein, and The Mandrill have played a role in Spider-Man's world. Although, I wish that the Jackal would play a role in Jessica Drew's world as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Jess has her moments in the Bendis Avengers books. She's never really a carrier of the story, but she has some good character moments. I think some of the infamous 'talking heads' issues around Fear Itself give some excellent insight into what's going on in her head. As for the Hickman books... well... she's there. She really doesn't have much of a role, however.
    The problem with Jon Hickman is the fact that he uses way too many characters at once, thus spreading himself too thin. He should have divided the team in to 3-divisions that has 6 members each. As well as each division is handled by a separate writer/creative team.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-10-2014 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The problem with Jon Hickman is the fact that he uses way too many characters at, thus spreading himself too thin. He should have divided the team in to 3-divisions that has 6 members each. As well as each division is handled by a separate writer/creative team.

Yes, agreed. Hickman has WAY too many characters in the Avengers books. I like his writing but he should have split up the teams. We don't get to see the characters developed as much as we should.

Astonishing Member

I would love nothing more than to see The Black Cat vs Jessica Drew!!!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Awesome!
    Give her to Frank Cho!
    That would be a no for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Kelly Sue CANNOT leave Captain Marvel. Evah'!
    That'll probably keep me away from Captain Marvel forever. She writes a horribly bland Carol.

Here's an update on the solo series...while I'm not a fan of Land (and hope he doesn't do just a cheesecake book), I wouldn't mind either Hopeless or Bunn, especially after their recent material (Magneto is amazing).

So that was an interesting reveal in the most recent Secret Avengers, no?

spoilers:
    Apparently, Jessica's a bit of an empath.
    end of spoilers

That's definitely a new angle on her powers, but it kind of has some decent synergy with the pheromones.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54405

Well it looks like the big day is in November. Jessica's new book spinning out of Spider-Verse.

Extraordinary Member

Ah, another book to considering pulling

Ultimate Member

It's interesting that Silk is apparently co-starring. That could be fun, and I love her costume. I wish that Greg freaking Land wasn't the artist, but maybe his work will at least be tolerable like it is on MA.

Very excited for this new series. I am glad Ms. Silk is gaining more exposure teaming up with Ms. Drew. I hope Julia Carpenter and Spider-Girl guest star in the book as well.

I'm not familiar with hopeless but I'm willing to give this a go because I love jess and the cast sounds pretty cool

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Looking forward to November.

I'll be picking up Spider-Woman's new book, no question. Usually run in terror at Land's name, but his Mighty Avengers work has been very good.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post

I would love nothing more than to see The Black Cat vs Jessica Drew!!!

Hey, well done! Love the BFF nod here too.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison