Page 51 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Just think...

We could have a Best Actress Oscar winner starring alongside a Best Dramatic Actress Emmy winner when they bow to my little fan wishes and let Tatiana Maslany be Jess.
    This little idea of yours seems to have taken off quite about among the fans who want to see Jess in the MCU. I see it quite a bit on Tumblr and Twitter.. And I am in 100% full agreement. Tatiana Maslany would be a PERFECT Jessica Drew.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I debated making a seperate thread for this because Hopeless just went and referenced one of my favorite scenes from KSD's run on Avengers Assemble.

Click Here for Preview of Spider-Woman #11

Jess is angry and sad (and rightfully so). And Hopeless just made me all sad. Guys. Ya just should've called Jess D:

On a different note: I am digging Veronica Fish's artwork.
    Oh damn that is just all kinds of amazing.

Looks like Jess is the next in line after the Hulk Family to smack Clint around a bit once they encounter him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    That Jess/Hulk dynamic is the main reason I wish Spider-Woman had been introduced in AVENGERS:AGE OF ULTRON and taken on the role Black Widow played as the one who soothes Hulk back into Banner. Pheromones make much more sense in that scenario. The romance plot, I can take or leave. ;-)

That where exactly my thoughts when I saw AoU and it would have prevent the whole and utter mess that the BannerXRomanoff romance was. There was no reason, no chemistry, no nothing.
    I'm glad everyone but Whedon seems to ignore it for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm hoping Jess will appear in the Captain Marvel movie.
    Whether she is Spider Woman at that point, or an enhanced SHIELD agent -- I'd really like to see them give us a solid friendship between she and Carol, like they did so well in Jessica Jones with Trish.
    Yeah that would be great.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I loooove this book!

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That page sums up any right-thinking person's feelings on the matter perfectly. To execute someone just on the basis of someone saying that person might or would do something horrible in the future . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yup. I am really looking forward to how the rest of this issue goes. And hey. Isn't Uncanny Avengers covering something about someone stealing Banner's body to resurrect the Hulk? I'm just wondering if this is going to tie into that story line in anyway? Probably not but either way...I think this is gonna be a good issue.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I loooove this book!

Wow, don't I feel stupid for doubting Fish. This looks fantastic. Feels good to be wrong!

I know right SlimeBeherit? I am really excited to see how the rest of the issue looks! And if recent Twitter exchanges are anything to go by, she seems to be having a lot of fun with it. (Head over to Twitter to see the tweets about the supervillain Unicorn).

Spider-Woman has been a solid, really fun read. I wish more people were buying it. Jess deserves all the love.

I know right SlimeBeherit? I am really excited to see how the rest of the issue looks! And if recent Twitter exchanges are anything to go by, she seems to be having a lot of fun with it. (Head over to Twitter to see the tweets about the supervillain Unicorn).

Spider-Woman has been a solid, really fun read. I wish more people were buying it. Jess deserves all the love.
    Haha, yeah I read about the Unicorn villain, I can't wait to see how ridiculous that's gonna look.

This is the part that's so frustrating about comics. Seems like every book I thoroughly enjoy suffers from low sales (The team must really hate me for this, IM SORRY!). I recommend this book every chance I get, but they just hear "Spider-Woman" and they think it's just another derivative spider story. I really want this book to sell better for it's the book I look forward to the most every month and I don't want it to get cancelled. On top of that, the team deserves to be rewarded for the solid work they've been outputting.

Astonishing Member

More people would be buying Jessica's book if were not for the fact that Dennis Hopeless not make her into a mom without rhyme or reason. Second, the fact that the writer never bothered to develop Jessica's friendship with Peter Parker(non Spider-Man) was a missed opportunity to bring a lot of Amazing Spider-Man readers to support the book, as well as adding Felicia Hardy to her supporting cast would had been a huge plus if Marvel didn't make her into a Queenpin, which was a dumb idea from day one. I longed to see Jessica and Peter's friendship explored since she was going to be a part of Spider-Man's world. In addition, Julia Carpenter would had been an excellent addition to Jessica's team, as well as Nightcrawler. Kurt's induction to Jessica's team could have brought in the X-readers to the series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    More people would be buying Jessica's book if were not for the fact that Dennis Hopeless not make her into a mom without rhyme or reason. Second, the fact that the writer never bothered to develop Jessica's friendship with Peter Parker(non Spider-Man) was a missed opportunity to bring a lot of Amazing Spider-Man readers to support the book, as well as adding Felicia Hardy to her supporting cast would had been a huge plus if Marvel didn't make her into a Queenpin, which was a dumb idea from day one. I longed to see Jessica and Peter's friendship explored since she was going to be a part of Spider-Man's world. In addition, Julia Carpenter would had been an excellent addition to Jessica's team, as well as Nightcrawler. Kurt's induction to Jessica's team could have brought in the X-readers to the series as well.
    So basically...you think the book would do better if it was absolutely nothing like the book is now? Thanks but no thanks. What Hopeless is doing is far more fun and original than having Jess be yet another satellite Spider-book.

Gotta agree with Cowtools. I like Jess because she has nothing to do with Peter Parker. Her origins are completely different and she's tied to so many places in the MU you could literally taker her anywhere.

As for the whole mom thing. I think Hopeless has done a fantastic job with it. I think it's been really fun to get to see that side of Jess. Spider-Woman is easily my favorite character because of how Hopeless writes her.

And for those wanting to Jess brought more into Pete's world...well she will be dealing with Hobgoblin in an up coming arc.

I admit that I feel it's kind of silly to market Spider-Woman as a Spider-family book when she has probably the least connection to that franchise and Peter Parker then anyone, and it seems to be done more for the brand recognition and the idea of "Hey, she's Spider-Woman, she totally should be regarded as part of the Spider-Man franchise!" then whether it actually makes sense for the character.

Not that the title hasn't been amazing on it's own, no doubt, and Spider-Women was a fun crossover even if I still find it a little odd that the major promoted female titles in the Spider-line and the ones involved in a crossover include a character who has no real connection to the franchise (Spider-Woman) and the new kids on the block (Gwen and Silk) rather then more established female Spider-Man characters. Though I guess Gwen gets a pass by virtue of being an AU Gwen Stacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I admit that I feel it's kind of silly to market Spider-Woman as a Spider-family book when she has probably the least connection to that franchise and Peter Parker then anyone, and it seems to be done more for the brand recognition and the idea of "Hey, she's Spider-Woman, she totally should be regarded as part of the Spider-Man franchise!" then whether it actually makes sense for the character. .
    I totally agree with this. Jess's connection to the rest of the Spider family has always been flimsy at best.

I have actually gotten out of bed early so I'd have time to download and read new issues of this book when they come out before I head to work. Just to be clear... NOTHING gets me out of bed early. That's how wonderful this book is in its current form. It doesn't need an injection of other characters in an attempt to spread sameness.

Lily I am so glad I'm not the only one who wakes up early to download Spider-Woman.

And well said. The current book is pretty amazing as is.
    Last edited by Seren; 09-26-2016 at 09:38 AM.

As someone who couldn't give much less of a damn about the Spiderverse I am more than fine with how Spider Woman is now. I wasn't a fan of the mommy part seeing as well.. it's Jess but it was pulled off so great and fun it's hard to care, really.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter